COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmm, but why?

+3
ontheDL
whacko
wpaarts
7 posters

Go down

Hmm, but why? Empty Hmm, but why?

Post  wpaarts Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:25 am

A lot of CAD regulars (ontheDL, linkwood, Buellster) are moving their Squadts.
Doubles, quiting the Squadt game or the need of $$$ Question Question Question
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Hmm, but why? Empty Re: Hmm, but why?

Post  whacko Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:51 am

Buell I think is getting out of the hardcore vinyl collecting game.

DL just never seems to have a lot of extra money for toys. As long as I have 'known' him he has been constantly selling his older stuff in order to have money to buy new stuff (which is a smart tactic btw, since eventually you run out of room).

Linkwood.. I dunno. Maybe he just needs the money/space.

I don't know about ElP. I know he had doubles of just about everything but he has been selling pretty steady. I don't know if he is getting out all together or just dumping his doubles.

I myself haven't really sold much yet, but I am in the process of trying to buy a house. If I need to sell my toys to scrape up extra cash for down payment & closing costs.. well.. priorities I guess. What good is a great toy collection without a place to display it? I don't wanna sell my stuff but it is an option that is definitely on the table.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 am

You're right about me. I'm in school for 40 hours a week and the little money I make from work goes towards my other hobbies...I like electronics, eating out, and just recently, GUNS. I've just reached a point where I'm getting my priorities in line. As much as I love Nozzel 001, I'd much rather have $175 in my pocket. I'm also selling my Rotofugi Jaws. Yeah, it's one of the coolest pieces I've ever seen, but for $800? I'll take the cash. Trying to fund a trip to Vegas right now and it just seemed silly to keep it. I just tell myself I can buy it all back after I graduate and I'm fuckin rich....

It might seem like I'm unloading a lot of shit, but it's not the case at all. I still have a LOT of stuff, including all my favorite squadts and buds. I ain't gettin outta the game. Don't worry. CAD muthafuckin gangstas fo life.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:31 am

Oh, and the "space" thing is so true. There's no way I could keep buying new things while keeping all my old stuff. It can only reach a certain point before you gotta cut yourself off.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 am

ontheDL wrote:Oh, and the "space" thing is so true. There's no way I could keep buying new things while keeping all my old stuff. It can only reach a certain point before you gotta cut yourself off.

I agree. I have a pretty complete collection of Squadts (minus GID Jack Sad) and more than half of it is still in boxes sitting on top of my dresser. My Complete Series 3 collection... in a box under my bed along with the last handful of BOTM figures I needed to finish that set. I would need to be much more wealthy to afford all the toys I want and the space to properly display them Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Crow Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 am

This is heartbreaker. Specially when you realize that most of people will do this at some point
I'm getting addicted on 1/6 pieces and I couldn't buy the Copperhead exactly because of a 1/6 replica that I bought and I am interested in starting on the GUNS market as well

Too many interests and too little money
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 am

Crow wrote:This is heartbreaker. Specially when you realize that most of people will do this at some point
I'm getting addicted on 1/6 pieces and I couldn't buy the Copperhead exactly because of a 1/6 replica that I bought and I am interested in starting on the GUNS market as well

Too many interests and too little money

I think that most collectors get interested in a subject and buy a few pieces.Soon many collectors find themselves buying up whatever catches their eye. But in the end I think most collectors winnow down their collection to the few pieces that really have special meaning for them and those are the ones they keep on their shelf long after the initial collector's craze passes.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  riddlped Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 am

i just filled up my first detolf case and im kinda sad that i gotta get another case. only say this because i know my room is going to run out sooner then i think.iv narrowed down my collection to only 4 artist and it seems to be working out pretty good in the long run.before i had just a ton of random pieces that i would randomly buy either because of hype or a impulse buy. im starting to learn to buy stuff that i really like. ESC,JAMUNGO,COARSE,3A 4 life.
riddlped
riddlped
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Crow Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:01 am

Yes
There's that urge to have everything from one collection, but in the end is all about knowing what you really want.
This BUD series, as example, I only bought the ones that I reaaaally liked. No blind boxes. Sure, Buds are cheap and easy to display, but I had bought all, I know that sooner or later I would end up selling the ones I don't cared much, so why to do that in the first place?!

I really wanted to have all Squadts, no exception, but I'm considering on start a choosing process first
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Crow wrote:
I really wanted to have all Squadts, no exception, but I'm considering on start a choosing process first

My policy so far has been, buy the toy and if you don't like it you can always sell it Smile Only get doubles of something you really, really see yourself enjoying for a long time.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Hmm, but why? Empty MY 2 cents

Post  Eric Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm

For what it's worth I have seen people selling off thier old collections to fund buying new because of the economics. Let's face the facts. Both Ferg and Ashley Wood have breathed new life into a stale genre'. These aren't just the same platform repainted time after time. These are new and very cool product lines. The Squadts are one of the coolest additons to come along. As are the WWRP Brambles and Berties from 3A (as well as everything else he makes). Both of these product lines are a bit pricey so selling off your old stuff to buy new is a good way to go.

As for "flippers, scalpers, scumbags" who are only in it for the quick buck, they have been around forever and like the cockroach aren't going anywhere. If you miss something limited, the secondary market or a helpful collector is the only way to go. As I have said for years "If you like it buy it, if not move along.
Eric
Eric
CAD Special Forces

http://http:www.aftimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Squadts are the first toys i started collecting and following. Squadts and 3A offer sick toy designs, i hope im a life long CAD'er Smile
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum