COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature?

5 posters

Go down

Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature? Empty Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature?

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am

I noticed one of my favorite BUDs has a few scratches on the paint job. Nothing serious at all but the perfectionist in me wants to touch up the paint a bit. Has anyone ever tried this or should I just stop crying and leave it alone? I was also curious about what kind of paint I should use, should i decide to do this.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature? Empty Re: Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature?

Post  ontheDL Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I'd just go for it. No reason really not to do it, unless it's a rarer bud. But even then...If you plan on keeping it, it doesn't really matter. Should work out pretty well as long as you get the color right. I've used acrylic to touch a few up and it works fine.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature? Empty Re: Touching up BUDs: good idea or crime against nature?

Post  Cappy Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 am

If they're just light scratches, I would try buffing them before going through the ordeal of matching paint. Just a soft cloth like flannel can work wonders. Mr Clean Magic Eraser is also good for buffing out scratches, although I've never used it on Squadts.
Cappy
Cappy
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:29 am

Cappy wrote:If they're just light scratches, I would try buffing them before going through the ordeal of matching paint. Just a soft cloth like flannel can work wonders. Mr Clean Magic Eraser is also good for buffing out scratches, although I've never used it on Squadts.

Yeah, these scratches are on my smile fucker. His yellow dome has 2 small scratches that show the black vinyl underneath so I would need to repaint but thanks for that tip, I know my other ones have light surface scratches
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 am

I'm buying a sdcc budcat from someone but he told me his arm broke off during the shipping but he has glued it back on. Now my question is would there be a way for me to fix this? I saw a video on fixing resin figures where the guy mixed super glue and talcum powder, would this work for the budcat even though it's "clear resin"? And I know heat works for vinyl, but what about resin figures?
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdavidcannon Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:16 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:I'm buying a sdcc budcat from someone but he told me his arm broke off during the shipping but he has glued it back on. Now my question is would there be a way for me to fix this? I saw a video on fixing resin figures where the guy mixed super glue and talcum powder, would this work for the budcat even though it's "clear resin"? And I know heat works for vinyl, but what about resin figures?
I used Loctite ultra gel control super glue, it dried clear for me....
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 am

bigdavidcannon wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:I'm buying a sdcc budcat from someone but he told me his arm broke off during the shipping but he has glued it back on. Now my question is would there be a way for me to fix this? I saw a video on fixing resin figures where the guy mixed super glue and talcum powder, would this work for the budcat even though it's "clear resin"? And I know heat works for vinyl, but what about resin figures?
I used Loctite ultra gel control super glue, it dried clear for me....

Oh sweet, thanks.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 am

bigdavidcannon wrote:I used Loctite ultra gel control super glue, it dried clear for me....
What did you glue? Cause i read that it's not recommended to use the ultra gel control on silicone rubber, and I think the clear resin that budcats are made from is close to silicone rubber. I just want to be sure, because I don't want to ruin it.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdavidcannon Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
bigdavidcannon wrote:I used Loctite ultra gel control super glue, it dried clear for me....
What did you glue? Cause i read that it's not recommended to use the ultra gel control on silicone rubber, and I think the clear resin that budcats are made from is close to silicone rubber. I just want to be sure, because I don't want to ruin it.
Apparently We have the same issue, my Orange Holloween Budcat fell of the bookcase, It's fuse broke off. I used the Loctite Ultra gel control and it worked. This was not the first time This had happend, it was me asking the same question last year and I found out I was not the only CAD member that it has happend to.....Have a good day. Smile however I've seen other people use crazy glue and it left white puffy crap around the place thay glued.

Last edited by bigdavidcannon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:19 am

bigdavidcannon wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
Apparently We have the same issue, my Orange Holloween Budcat fell of the bookcase, It's fuse broke off. I used the Loctite Ultra gel control and it worked. This was not the first time This had happend, it was me asking the same question last year and I found out I was not the only CAD member that it has happend to.....Have a good day. Smile
Thanks, bigdavid, you da man! cheers
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeyk Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
bigdavidcannon wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
Apparently We have the same issue, my Orange Holloween Budcat fell of the bookcase, It's fuse broke off. I used the Loctite Ultra gel control and it worked. This was not the first time This had happend, it was me asking the same question last year and I found out I was not the only CAD member that it has happend to.....Have a good day. Smile
Thanks, bigdavid, you da man! cheers

He's right, I had one of mine that had a broken arm and I used the same glue he did. I used a toothpick to spread a small amount on the body and was very careful to line the arm up. Good luck with your repair!
Mikeyk
Mikeyk
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down