COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory

+2
ianthegamer
DrilOne
6 posters

Go down

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory Empty Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory

Post  DrilOne Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 am

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory SF_Feb_Front_560

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory SF_Feb_back_560

DrilOne’s exhibition, “Empty World“, will showcase Dril’s signature style of distress and decay as he tackles his interpretation of a post-apocalyptic landscape. Utilizing his familiar forms of 3D signage, paintings, original sculpts, customized vinyl toys, and other mixed-medium assemblages, DrilOne offers up a glimpse of his view of a world gone dead.

Jason Limon’s exhibition, “Foretell“, is based on visions that can’t be seen by living human eyes. The paintings and ideas will portray our planet after we humans no longer live, but only remnants of us exist. Jason questions what will grow from us and around us. New creatures breath life into what we were and grow from what we left. Jason’s paintings will offer a glimpse of what’s to come through the foretelling eyes of afterlife.

Leecifer’s “Long Dogs“, presents the artist’s unique vision of the world unnoticed as customized vinyl toys, original sculpts, and paintings. Encountered as seemingly ordinary plants and animals hinting at an impossible intellect or ancient wisdom. Seen from the corner of your eye, a flash of golden scales is revealed to be but a Tabby’s fur; a serpentine shadow solidifies into one from a dachshund, improbable wings on a frog. Sometimes the glimpse becomes the knowing smile of a Boston Bulldog that, in passing, might have had catfish whiskers, or maybe even a turtle with too many heads. Or the sense that, even in times of harshest trial, there is a powerful presence shepherding and guiding you. This is the gift of a long dog. Possible dragons and unrecognized conduits of wonder and magic, hiding in plain sight.

Written by
STEVE BROWN

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory 8451866376_d8becbe74d_b

We also got a lift
Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory 8450807639_25507e15ce_b

Only thing I need to complain about was these crappy Mannequins that Brandt and Kathie gave us.
Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory 8451871808_012fd77c1e_c

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory 8450804873_db8f32ca81_b

See all the work - http://strangerfactory.com/exhibitions-view/43

More photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/drilone/sets/72157632706182668/

You can pretend your there 360 view - http://www.dermandar.com/p/emEMvu
DrilOne
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory Empty Re: Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory

Post  ianthegamer Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 am

looks fun. i didnt see the cats
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory Empty Re: Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory

Post  el_payaso_loco Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 am

there was some amazing pieces from all 3 artists in that show wish i could have got something from all 3
el_payaso_loco
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 pm

ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Micro Drone BBags

http://circusposterus.com/view/Drilone_Drone_Micro_Blind_Bags

Thanks
Empty World - Foretell - Long Dogs @ Stranger Factory C975507665dd11e29d0222000a1fbc0c_7
DrilOne
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  niskio Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Great Work - Great Exhibit - Amazing piece

Spider crab... MIMIC...gas mask...TanK.......very BEautyful
What a Face clap Very Happy
niskio
niskio
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 am

niskio wrote:Great Work - Great Exhibit - Amazing piece

Spider crab... MIMIC...gas mask...TanK.......very BEautyful
What a Face clap Very Happy

Thank you...
DrilOne
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:50 am

I love that Empty World sign! I just don't have any room for it - you need to make a smaller one for me Very Happy
Great work though. clap

(if i can find room for that sign I'm buying it!)
devito1195
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am

devito1195 wrote:I love that Empty World sign! I just don't have any room for it - you need to make a smaller one for me Very Happy
Great work though. clap

(if i can find room for that sign I'm buying it!)

Thank You! The Empty World sign was underpriced, it was more work and time then any piece I have done.

I can also do commission signs.
DrilOne
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down