COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squadt accessories storage solutions

+4
ilovefreestufftoo
LonerStoner
chiprender
cripery
8 posters

Go down

Squadt accessories storage solutions Empty Squadt accessories storage solutions

Post  cripery Fri May 31, 2013 5:23 pm

So, had a little time on my hands today and made a decent stencil of the SA logo, and after a few aborted attempts sprayed one on one of the box lids I use to keep lenses & arms from the SA. Anybody else have any good ideas for squadt accessory storage solutions? I've got a bunch of these boxes and they're really cheap.

Squadt accessories storage solutions Squadt10

Only trouble is, now I've got a stencil, I'm tempted to just go around spraying the SA logo on stuff.. Shocked
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Squadt accessories storage solutions Empty Re: Squadt accessories storage solutions

Post  chiprender Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 pm

DUDE.... YOU SHOULD ONLY STORE ACCESSORIES ON NEW SQUADT BODIES! Start buying!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Squadt accessories storage solutions Empty Re: Squadt accessories storage solutions

Post  cripery Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm

chiprender wrote:DUDE.... YOU SHOULD ONLY STORE ACCESSORIES ON NEW SQUADT BODIES! Start buying!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lol - Chip - if only I had enough squadt bodies to accommodate all these accessories! Really looking forward to a new NKD release for that reason.
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

cripery wrote:
chiprender wrote:DUDE.... YOU SHOULD ONLY STORE ACCESSORIES ON NEW SQUADT BODIES! Start buying!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lol - Chip - if only I had enough squadt bodies to accommodate all these accessories! Really looking forward to a new NKD release for that reason.

a happy problem......

what's up dude, have not heard from you in awhile...
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Great idea. I was planning on using ammo cases, this looks more organized.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Fri May 31, 2013 6:00 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Great idea. I was planning on using ammo cases, this looks more organized.

MMMM.....AMMO CASES........
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

chiprender wrote:
ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Great idea. I was planning on using ammo cases, this looks more organized.

That turn you on? Laughing
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

chiprender wrote:

It's funny you should mention that, as I wish I knew where I got this from, I've had it for ages, it would be perfect:

Squadt accessories storage solutions Img_1510

Squadt accessories storage solutions Img_1511
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri May 31, 2013 6:21 pm

DO IT!!! violent Squadt accessories storage solutions Fighting0002
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Fri May 31, 2013 6:22 pm

LonerStoner wrote:

a happy problem......

what's up dude, have not heard from you in awhile...

Yes, happy indeed! Things are cool thanks mate - just been kinda busy with stupido real life getting in the way of more important things! Very Happy
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 pm

I love it.. I'm gonna copy Ben cuz he's from the UK... He's practically 007!!!

Very Happy
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  kuhwinters Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:35 am

Love this idea! Looks real clean & organized. Any tips on making the SA logo into a stencil? I might make this a summer project!
kuhwinters
kuhwinters
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

kuhwinters wrote:Love this idea! Looks real clean & organized. Any tips on making the SA logo into a stencil? I might make this a summer project!

Cheers! - I just scanned one of the black SA stickers from the show and printed it on inkjet compatible acetate (for old style over head projectors). Could just print it on paper though, I just wanted a slightly harder wearing stencil.

Then cut it out using a scalpel, which can be a little fiddly and time consuming. I then sprayed some 3M Re Mount spray adhesive onto the back of it, so that it would stick nice and flat to the surface to be sprayed.

Finally, slapped it on the lid and sprayed it using an acrylic based spray paint. You could use any spray paint but I would really try and avoid using gloss for stencilling. It's too runny (well the couple of gloss paints I had were far too runny anyway). The number one thing to remember is use the spray paint very sparingly. It should hardly look wet at all. Just build up the colour using multiple coats. If you use too much paint it can leak underneath the stencil edges and you get really blotchy, unclean lines to your stencil.
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:01 pm

cheers
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Stush Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 pm

cripery wrote:
chiprender wrote:

It's funny you should mention that, as I wish I knew where I got this from, I've had it for ages, it would be perfect:

Squadt accessories storage solutions Img_1510

Squadt accessories storage solutions Img_1511

That is very cool!

Nice SA stencil too.

Last edited by Stush on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stush
Stush
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Teimaru Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 pm

This is a great thread to follow, nice idea !
Teimaru
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum