COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAUNCH PARTY

+62
chiprender
Crunch
Vince
itsa_mia
Marleybone
el_payaso_loco
Gatiio
MagnumManipulator
LonerStoner
DROBOT
nvs03lex
sirhcnat
Crow
Cannonbawl
Sin_black
Kristofer
Robotictony
BRiZL
RallyeX
zandar
gua_ping
konfucious
ADDEccentric
doc18
ofwolfandman
riddlped
Chef Ferrari
mbarney
ezramyl
BakerTheZombie
DunkMax
voltimetro
Nocash138
unsungzero
SecurityGeek
benswift
Josh
antonin
wpaarts
cheapass
BigC
doug
Assburrito!
Buellster
bck2sqr1
eldoobya
highjack
fender
ontheDL
dreamattack27
CumSquadts
jaysea420
EL PADRINO
jorester
Quiz
whacko
colbert
Mendez
linkwood
Colossus of Destiny
DannyCassette
Admin
66 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

LAUNCH PARTY - Page 31 Empty Re: LAUNCH PARTY

Post  Vince Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Thanks, Crunch!

And Vince, yes. I'll be selling off more Squdts, but I am trying to stagger them so people can get the ones they want without going broke. I will be selling many, but not all, of my Squadts. I really struggled with how to sell my Squadts. I wanted to sell them on the boards, but I don't know what they are all worth, and I was concerned about people getting on my case about prices and just decided I would rather just let the market decide what to pay for them. I hate ebay, but in my current financial position I really need to get somewhere near what they're worth. It's a situation where I felt like I wanted to help out my boardies and I would have wanted to give everyone a good deal on them, but I just can't afford to do that right now. I hope you all understand. I'm still a massive Jamungo/Playge fan and I'll still be on here and buying all the Buds and Squbes. If I wasn't so hurting for money right now I would never have sold a single piece of my Jamungo/Playge collection.

And many thanks to you for everything, Chip! Smile

You have every right to sell where you want.
All the best man.
Vince
Vince
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for the support, guys. I really do appreciate it.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:34 am

dreamattack27 wrote:Hey everybody, just letting you all know that these ones on the bay are mine. I've been outta work for almost five months, and I gotta pay the bills. Hanging on to all my Buds and Squbes, but selling about 85 percent of my toy collection. I'm moving from Chicago to San Diego in the end of March for a new start and to look for jobs. The move is gonna cost a small fortune as is, plus I have to buy a car, but hopefully I can make it work.

Hey dude, I'm so sorry for what your going through. But I'm happy the money for the Chipp went to you instead of someone else. Good luck with everything, and many thanks!
MagnumManipulator
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  cheapass Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 am

good luck man!~

cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  DROBOT Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:41 am

My god, the S1 Ghost and the NKD Jack are both bid up over $250 already, Im bowing out. Good luck to anyone still in it. Im not that desperate.
DROBOT
DROBOT
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.myspace.com/djwillierossmusicpage/blog/418603583

Back to top Go down

Post  mefisto Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 am

DROBOT wrote:My god, the S1 Ghost and the NKD Jack are both bid up over $250 already, Im bowing out. Good luck to anyone still in it. Im not that desperate.

yeah, crazy bids ahhhh! ahhhh! ahhhh!
mefisto
mefisto
CAD Grunt

http://squadt.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DROBOT Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 am

Now hes got Midnight Jack up. Better hurry up and go bid your titts off.
DROBOT
DROBOT
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  kaijukills Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

WOW the prices on these lil guys lately are getting pretty ridiculous to the point i do not see my point buying any older ones on the after market like iv been planning to do Sad Sad
kaijukills
kaijukills
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:00 pm

kaijukills wrote:WOW the prices on these lil guys lately are getting pretty ridiculous to the point i do not see my point buying any older ones on the after market like iv been planning to do Sad Sad

Yeah...it's hard to decide to collect older stuff when the prices skyrocket... I suggest pick a couple pieces that are your "grails" that you'd be willing to spend the dough on, then leave the rest for the awesome new stuff coming out. Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 pm

I am so close to a complete set, but at these prices it is going to cost a lot. Gotta win the lottery or something...
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  DROBOT Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

A few months back I got Midnight Jack off the Bay for about $200. I think this one will hit $400. Crazy how much they have gone up in such a short period of time.
DROBOT
DROBOT
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Thanks, Crunch!

And Vince, yes. I'll be selling off more Squdts, but I am trying to stagger them so people can get the ones they want without going broke. I will be selling many, but not all, of my Squadts. I really struggled with how to sell my Squadts. I wanted to sell them on the boards, but I don't know what they are all worth, and I was concerned about people getting on my case about prices and just decided I would rather just let the market decide what to pay for them. I hate ebay, but in my current financial position I really need to get somewhere near what they're worth. It's a situation where I felt like I wanted to help out my boardies and I would have wanted to give everyone a good deal on them, but I just can't afford to do that right now. I hope you all understand. I'm still a massive Jamungo/Playge fan and I'll still be on here and buying all the Buds and Squbes. If I wasn't so hurting for money right now I would never have sold a single piece of my Jamungo/Playge collection.

And many thanks to you for everything, Chip! Smile

That sucks about your situation man and I hear you. If I could afford to buy more squadts from you I definately would bid. Sucks you're moving tho.
GREAT BOARDIE HERE FOLKS!!!
He has muled for me and has hooked me up with my favorite squadt that I own. Bid on his goods!
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks Ed, that means a lot. What a Face
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 pm

chiprender wrote:
kaijukills wrote:WOW the prices on these lil guys lately are getting pretty ridiculous to the point i do not see my point buying any older ones on the after market like iv been planning to do Sad Sad

Yeah...it's hard to decide to collect older stuff when the prices skyrocket... I suggest pick a couple pieces that are your "grails" that you'd be willing to spend the dough on, then leave the rest for the awesome new stuff coming out. Very Happy

my exact situation with kaijus.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I think it's amazing that they aren't more expensive to begin with. The quality is on par with Coarse and 3A and they are a fraction of the cost. It's a true testament to Ferg's commitment to the fans. cheers
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 pm

it seems to me thats its only 2 or 3 guys with extremely deep pockets bidding against eachother.
i think once theyre done the averages will come back.

good timing dreamattack, hope you move in style Very Happy
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:41 pm

The issue is that they just don't come up for sale. There are at least five major bidders on the couple of rare ones I've got on the bay right now. That also doesn't include the offers and deals I've made outside of ebay with others. The truth is that if these were available from time to time they wouldn't command these kind of prices. There haven't been any for sale in so long that I couldn't guess how much to charge for them, which is why I went to ebay in the first place. I went to Expressobeans.com, and many of these older ones have commanded prices as high as these, but they never come up for sale. And the number of collectors grows with every release, particularly with the Brandt ones and with the retailer ones that bring in new collectors. So personally, I don't think it's a matter of timing.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm

mazdevilz wrote:I am so close to a complete set, but at these prices it is going to cost a lot. Gotta win the lottery or something...

The best way to collect is to buy the occasional old piece while making sure you get the newer pieces at a drop price. If you really want an older toy bad enough and you keep collecting, sooner or later it will show up on eBay or here on the forums for a price you can afford.

Missing drops to pick up old pieces is a losing-game though since the price of most Squadts jumps by 50% as soon as the drop sells out. You might pass up a drop to pick up a grail only to find out that your new grail is the drop you just missed Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 pm

whacko wrote:
mazdevilz wrote:I am so close to a complete set, but at these prices it is going to cost a lot. Gotta win the lottery or something...

The best way to collect is to buy the occasional old piece while making sure you get the newer pieces at a drop price. If you really want an older toy bad enough and you keep collecting, sooner or later it will show up on eBay or here on the forums for a price you can afford.

Missing drops to pick up old pieces is a losing-game though since the price of most Squadts jumps by 50% as soon as the drop sells out. You might pass up a drop to pick up a grail only to find out that your new grail is the drop you just missed Smile

a lot of wisdom there. +1
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I totally agree. You have to keep up with new Squadt releases, or you will end up spending a lot down the road trying to pick those up in the aftermarket.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31