COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now this really sucks!!

+10
VanBeater
Mendez
wpaarts
colbert
ontheDL
Assburrito!
whacko
jorester
ASPrintingPress
DannyCassette
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Now this really sucks!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now this really sucks!!

Post  colbert Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:02 am

whacko wrote:
colbert wrote:
yea, my older one is about the size of a small hardcover book and has a power cord - 500GB. My newer one holds 1TB, but is about the size of an iphone and no power cord. Pretty soon there will be 100GB thumbdrives. I can't wait to get old and tell the grandkids how things were in my day.

There are already 128GB Thumbdrives. Still ridiculously expensive, but all thumbdrivers were at one time

that is a ridiculous price, however i think i paid like $40 for my first 512 mb drive right when they came out
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  jaysea420 Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 am

DannyCassette wrote:So yesterday I went out to see a movie on my one day off with some friends. District 9 good movie.

I get home to see my house has been broken into. My 1800 hundred dollar laptop gone with lots of art on it I didn't have backed up. My whole life was on that computer. My career...everything. Im gonna lose out on my dream art job cause of this.

On top of it they took my ipod and my big change jar that was filled with over 50 dollars in coins.

So depressed today. Crying or Very sad

dood..... that really fucking sucks..... i'm really sorry to hear that shit......

ASPrintingPress and colbert's right... check the pawn shops and Craigslist then check them again in a few weeks/months or just leave the info with the shops.

my suggestion is it's usually someone that lives close by (especially since you said you live in a small town) so keep an eye out for the shady mother fuckers....

does your labtop have anything internal that can be traced if used?

any passwords that were set to automatically log in you should change if you haven't already.

man i hate thieves..... fucking pieces of shit....
jaysea420
jaysea420
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.yzzerdd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 am

Sorry to here about your burglary, been there myself, not to make you paranoid, but if you don't have locks or alarm, I would suggest you look into them, bastids have been known to return, having had the oppertunity to have a look around.
Fuckers always take things of most importance or sentimental value.
Keep positive and don't let them rob you of your happiness by making ya depressed.
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:52 am

Have you entered the "fucking furious/if I ever find those fuckers I'm gonna kick their teeth in" phase yet?
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 am

Well I guess I will go ahead and give you the conclusion to this story.

Its been over a week since the break in....never found the computer. So I talked to the client who's artwork was lost (my dream job) and Im going to buckle up and redraw it. Going to mean some long hours but can do it. They were cool and understood that crap like this happens and so thats all good. They love my art and are gonna stick with me.

Also I just got another wholesale order in from the comic book store in NYC called Forbidden planet. They ordered $1200.00 dollars in mini cassette tees so, with that Im gonna take a loan from my company and use that money to build myself another desktop computer for my house.

So all in all I guess I came out okay. Still bummed but must rise above it all!

-Danny
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

DannyCassette wrote:Well I guess I will go ahead and give you the conclusion to this story.

Its been over a week since the break in....never found the computer. So I talked to the client who's artwork was lost (my dream job) and Im going to buckle up and redraw it. Going to mean some long hours but can do it. They were cool and understood that crap like this happens and so thats all good. They love my art and are gonna stick with me.

Also I just got another wholesale order in from the comic book store in NYC called Forbidden planet. They ordered $1200.00 dollars in mini cassette tees so, with that Im gonna take a loan from my company and use that money to build myself another desktop computer for my house.

So all in all I guess I came out okay. Still bummed but must rise above it all!

-Danny

good man, I'm glad things are sorting out.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Glad things are working out for you.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2