COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shipping costs

+9
Quiz
ontheDL
wpaarts
EL PADRINO
colbert
whacko
ASPrintingPress
KEAN
linkwood
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

shipping costs Empty shipping costs

Post  linkwood Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

lol
costed med 59,66 USD to send a squadt over seas scratch
linkwood
linkwood
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

shipping costs Empty Re: shipping costs

Post  KEAN Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 pm

sorry Crying or Very sad
KEAN
KEAN
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  linkwood Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm

hehe ^^

im glad i could help
linkwood
linkwood
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Yeah that sucks, I hate shipping abroad. I'll do it but I'm not happy about it. I get packages frequently from Japan, you wanta talk about shipping costs, ooooof.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:21 pm

I have a recent story that kind of chaps my ass.

I recently made a trade with a fellow boardie. He is in the UK and he paid to have his toy sent to me and I paid to have mine sent to him. fair fair (were were trading 3" BUDS).

His package has already arrived. Mine is still in transit (at least, afaik from the meager tracking info and the fact that he hasn't let me know it arrived). The package that was sent to me had the postage stamped on it. It cost him about £2.80 to send the toy to me. That is about US $4.50. I paid almost US$13! to send the same sized package to him. And mine is still in transit.

I sent my USPS Priority Small Flat Rate. The USPS First Class Mail International (the cheapest option I could find) would have been about $11.50 and it wasn't worth it to me to have to go to the post office to save $1.50 and have my package take twice as long. UPS and Fedex were both rediculously priced as well (like $30 UPS etimated and $40ish from FedEx).

The two packaged are going the same distance as each other. It's bullshit the stuff that gets sent FROM the US costs so much fucking more than stuff coming TO the US.

And the USPS is complaining that they are losing money and want to cancel Saturday delivery.
SUCK IT UP YOU USPS FUCKERS!
(note I am not dissing carriers, just yoru bosses and that bitch who works at my local PO)

Just to be clear I am not mad at the person I made the trade with. I love the BUD he sent me and I have been looking for it for a long time. Nor am I mad at him that I had to pay more to send my stuff. It's all fair, he can't control how the U.S. gets screwed for shit like this.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm

whacko wrote:I have a recent story that kind of chaps my ass.

I recently made a trade with a fellow boardie. He is in the UK and he paid to have his toy sent to me and I paid to have mine sent to him. fair fair (were were trading 3" BUDS).

His package has already arrived. Mine is still in transit (at least, afaik from the meager tracking info and the fact that he hasn't let me know it arrived). The package that was sent to me had the postage stamped on it. It cost him about £2.80 to send the toy to me. That is about US $4.50. I paid almost US$13! to send the same sized package to him. And mine is still in transit.

I sent my USPS Priority Small Flat Rate. The USPS First Class Mail International (the cheapest option I could find) would have been about $11.50 and it wasn't worth it to me to have to go to the post office to save $1.50 and have my package take twice as long. UPS and Fedex were both rediculously priced as well (like $30 UPS etimated and $40ish from FedEx).

The two packaged are going the same distance as each other. It's bullshit the stuff that gets sent FROM the US costs so much fucking more than stuff coming TO the US.

And the USPS is complaining that they are losing money and want to cancel Saturday delivery.
SUCK IT UP YOU USPS FUCKERS!
(note I am not dissing carriers, just yoru bosses and that bitch who works at my local PO)

Just to be clear I am not mad at the person I made the trade with. I love the BUD he sent me and I have been looking for it for a long time. Nor am I mad at him that I had to pay more to send my stuff. It's all fair, he can't control how the U.S. gets screwed for shit like this.

this is exactly what i was eluding to and trying to figure out in the other thread recently. I have a feeling it costs about half as much to send something into the U.S. as it does for the exact same package going out of the U.S. which is i think why a lot of foreigners don't understand why so many americans don't like to ship international. i'm a click and ship junkie now with usps and they have replaced UPS for a lot of my 2nd day packs, but i don't ever step foot in a post office.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

post office in nyc blows. all of them. fuckin retards workin there make a simple thing like sending a package turn into an hour long pain in the ass. sometimes i go to the po to ship something and when i step in a look at the line i immediately walk out. this is usually the case when i have to ship internationally because usps online only sends international priority and express which is maaaaad expensive. but yes i save a lot of time printing labels online and just dropping off in the drop box. they just dont offer all of the same options online as they do @ retail.
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Strange scratch

From Sweden (next to Norway) to US (uninsured):
[30x30x30cm]
Approx. $13.5 for up to 0.5kg/1.1lbs
Approx. $26 for up to 1kg/2.2lbs

But if you go up in dimensions it becomes more $$$

Pack wisely Exclamation
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Got 2 large packages sent to me from the US recently.

Approx. 50x40x30cm x 2
1x12" figure
13x6" figures
9x3" figures
30x2" figures
1 print

Total cost for 2 packages approx. $90 shipped with USPS (uninsured, risky I know pirat )

That's a fair price imho Smile
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  linkwood Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 pm

wpaarts wrote:Strange scratch

From Sweden (next to Norway) to US (uninsured):
[30x30x30cm]
Approx. $13.5 for up to 0.5kg/1.1lbs
Approx. $26 for up to 1kg/2.2lbs

But if you go up in dimensions it becomes more $$$

Pack wisely Exclamation

oh i got a cabin near Strømstad, guess i should post it there in stead Exclamation
linkwood
linkwood
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  linkwood Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm

and oh, i did send it insured
linkwood
linkwood
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Speaking of shipping, I just paid for a package from Japan on Monday, guess what just showed up here!!! Shocked

Last edited by ASPrintingPress on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:11 pm

ASPrintingPress wrote:Speaking of shipping, I just paid for a package from Japan on Monda, guess what just showed up here!!! Shocked

hopefully this.
shipping costs Shoko-10
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 pm

drunken
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Quiz Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 am

mad2
Quiz
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:57 am

EMS is amazing. Whenever I order kaiju or anything out of Japan it's delivered to me in 48 hours, at a cost of about $7.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood101 Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers for Asians

not being raciest my friends. just like some asian ladys
Blood101
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 am

What erks me is eBay. I ordered 3 small items, they all fit in a box that was 5 inches cubed. The sticker on it said the postage was approx $4 and the guy charged me 20 dollars. there is no way it cost $16 to get a box and the small amount of packing peanuts. Such bullshit and they had the nerve to ask for 5 star feedback.
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 am

Don't give him good feedback on the shipping aspect.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 am

dreamattack27 wrote:Don't give him good feedback on the shipping aspect.

i gave him 2 stars on the shipping. so ridiculous
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 am

NefariousNR wrote:What erks me is eBay. I ordered 3 small items, they all fit in a box that was 5 inches cubed. The sticker on it said the postage was approx $4 and the guy charged me 20 dollars. there is no way it cost $16 to get a box and the small amount of packing peanuts. Such bullshit and they had the nerve to ask for 5 star feedback.

Start a claim* and send him the link to ebay's excessive shipping policy.
If he don't refund you, leave neutral or negative feedback.
(It's not allowed to threat someone with negative feedback, but you can always do it between the lines)

*Ebay won't decide in S&H claims, but just making the claim often will do the thing for you.
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 pm

NefariousNR wrote:What erks me is eBay. I ordered 3 small items, they all fit in a box that was 5 inches cubed. The sticker on it said the postage was approx $4 and the guy charged me 20 dollars. there is no way it cost $16 to get a box and the small amount of packing peanuts. Such bullshit and they had the nerve to ask for 5 star feedback.

Sometimes it depends on the item.
A lot of people, especially people in Hong Kong will jerk with the shipping price so that the item is really cheap, but the cost of what you are buying is actually included in the shipping.

For instance there is a guy on eBay that makes awesome KO Smallest Transformers. They are far better than anything Hasbro or Takara ever made and sell for like $1 each. But shipping can vary from $8-19 (shipping from HK) depending on what model you buy.

Since this guy is the only one who sells these products, and since the price + shipping is still generally reasonable for what you are getting I don't think many people have given him grief over his shipping prices.

Unless you the buyer are getting charged too much money in total (you always have to include shipping costs as part of the "price" anyway), I say Screw eBay and their ever rising fees. Paypal still gets them in the end, because their fees include the amount charged for shipping.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 pm

whacko wrote:

Sometimes it depends on the item.
A lot of people, especially people in Hong Kong will jerk with the shipping price so that the item is really cheap, but the cost of what you are buying is actually included in the shipping.

For instance there is a guy on eBay that makes awesome KO Smallest Transformers. They are far better than anything Hasbro or Takara ever made and sell for like $1 each. But shipping can vary from $8-19 (shipping from HK) depending on what model you buy.

Since this guy is the only one who sells these products, and since the price + shipping is still generally reasonable for what you are getting I don't think many people have given him grief over his shipping prices.

Unless you the buyer are getting charged too much money in total (you always have to include shipping costs as part of the "price" anyway), I say Screw eBay and their ever rising fees. Paypal still gets them in the end, because their fees include the amount charged for shipping.

Isn't PayPal and eBay company?
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes.
Which is why it fucking sucks that they hit you with fees both when you list and sell, and then again when you accept money for that item. It also sucks that both companies fees keep rising. You would think that if you are using two of their companies they would give you a break on some of the fees. Especially since eBay requires you to accept PayPal as a payment method.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm

So, I have a question about my post here. IF this seller was so interested in getting 5 star feedback, shouldn't the seller behave in a way to deserve that feedback? If, after shipping my item, the seller sees that they charged me 5 times the shipping cost, shouldn't they just offer a refund on the shipping? The seller could have very easily refunded the shipping difference, minus the handling charge and then that would deserve all 5 stars in the feedback. Or is it up to me to get after the seller and ask for money back? If I have to ask for a refund, that's not great customer service and therefore, 5 stars isn't deserved. Am I wrong in thinking this way?
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next