COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shinbone Creative and squadts?

+5
kitkat54
vasabo
Admin
Gatiio
agentzuluka
9 posters

Go down

Shinbone Creative and squadts? Empty Shinbone Creative and squadts?

Post  agentzuluka Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I was lurking over the internet recently and found information about squadts on the Shinbone Creative studio site - http://www.shinbonecreative.com/squadt-urban-vinyl-figure/
According to the information from their portfolio it looks like they were working on the first squadt digital sculpting (prototyping maybe?).
So Ferg, can you share us a little more details on these? Of course if it's not a big secret (or planned to be exposed in the squadt book only Cool )
agentzuluka
agentzuluka
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Shinbone Creative and squadts? Empty Re: Shinbone Creative and squadts?

Post  Gatiio Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:07 pm

thats a digital render, right? the person that made it is on the forum as well. dunno what theyre planning for that now.

my guess was for the .50 squadts.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Scott Wetterschneider was contracted by me to digitally sculpt the first five squadt helmet types, and many of the squadt weapons as well.
He is an extremely talented sculptor who has hand a hand in the creation of many amazing designer toys including the first Ashley Wood Berties.

He lurks here from time to time. If you need digital sculpting or assistance in toy creation in general he is your man. study
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vasabo Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Admin wrote:Scott Wetterschneider was contracted by me to digitally sculpt the first five squadt helmet types, and many of the squadt weapons as well.
He is an extremely talented sculptor who has hand a hand in the creation of many amazing designer toys including the first Ashley Wood Berties.

He lurks here from time to time. If you need digital sculpting or assistance in toy creation in general he is your man. study

clap cheers clap
vasabo
vasabo
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  kitkat54 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Admin wrote:Scott Wetterschneider was contracted by me to digitally sculpt the first five squadt helmet types, and many of the squadt weapons as well.

Ooooh and I've always wondered who's the guy behind those berties! cyclops
kitkat54
kitkat54
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetterschneider Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Huh, what? Ah, yes, Clay asked me to do the original digital sculpts for the line. We live in the same town, so it was a good opportunity to work closely with a designer to turn some exquisitely detailed drawings into a sweet 3d model. He's also a supportive friend who's been kicking my ass lately.

I've sculpted some fairly awesome characters over the years... and lately, things have gotten totally crazy. I don't want to toot any horns too much, but if anyone has any questions...
Wetterschneider
Wetterschneider
Trench Warmer

http://www.shinbonecreative.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NDB747 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:53 am

Wetterschneider wrote: but if anyone has any questions...

Very Happy Thanks for the offer! and Amazing work/designs Scott.

NDB747
NDB747
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetterschneider Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Here's something that came up in a pm that more peeps might be wondering...

Ferg is a monster designer and always has a very strong vision and plan for what he wants whenever I get a call from him. It makes my job very, very simple. I did model quite a few of the weapons, sometimes with him actually sitting by my desk, manipulating my limbs like some sort of puppet-master. But that's all I do, just the modeling. The bigger picture is handled by, as you already know, PLAYGE and Threezero. They do everything, they are the masters of design, production, manufacturing and distribution.
Wetterschneider
Wetterschneider
Trench Warmer

http://www.shinbonecreative.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cappy Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Wetterschneider wrote:...sometimes with him actually sitting by my desk, manipulating my limbs like some sort of puppet-master.
That's too funny! The visual in my mind made me laugh.
Cappy
Cappy
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  highjack Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Your how to make toys section is pretty fantastic. What prompted that? Did people just keep asking how to make toys?
highjack
highjack
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 am

Scott is down-playing his contribution because he's modest like that. He was able to wrap his head around the concept and then execute on the vision with total precision and respect for the designs. Squadts would not be the same without his involvement.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum