COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members)

+2
Gatiio
ROACHSHACK138
6 posters

Go down

Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members) Empty Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members)

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm a new to collecting vinyl figures (I used to just collect comic books & action figures), so I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips or methods of transactions they can shed to someone new to all this. Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's posted somewhere but I could'nt find it. Thanks in advance.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members) Empty Re: Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members)

Post  Gatiio Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Be respectful.

If the price is not to your liking, just read it and leave. Don't post another sale on the person's thread.

Also, this is not a market so keep in mind that sometimes registering and posting a sale is frowned upon.

If someone has an item you want, mention it on a quoted comment, but dont flood them with PMs.

iuno, common sense. CAD is a pretty badass community where people go the distance for one another. A favor you do, most likely someone will repay you.

As for the actual transactions, i suggest paying the paypal 4% fee if you do not trust the seller and need a backup in case something goes awry.

you can also ask other members for feedback on a seller or look the seller up on the board. Good luck! I've been very blessed here with such amazing people, hope your experience is as great.

Welcome, have fun!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members) Empty Re: Any tips for new members? (Specifically for purchasing from board members)

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you, kind sir and/or ma'dam (sorry, just trying to be politically correct) I appreciate the help. Smile
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 pm

patience is hugely important at times. until you get a feel for the market of which you are buying, don't just give in and pay too much because you don't have it and think you'll never see one for sale again. things always come up for sale again.

this doesn't really hold true for squadts, however. They will come up for sale again, but very few squadts have dropped in price for a while.

always feel free to ask about pricing here. we all have our different opinions, but gives you a good idea of what to expect.

good luck on your hunts, remember the hunt is actually an exciting part of collecting. right behind opening your latest holy grail

colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Thank you, colbert. My first transaction with you is sure to be awesome. Plus the fact that it's for the bodacious Smile Fucker makes it that much greater. violent
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

That sig might drive me insane.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Is it too much?
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Is it too much?

nah dude, its fine. as long as you never post.

you got the virgin buyer hook-up.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

colbert wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:Is it too much?

nah dude, its fine. as long as you never post.

you got the virgin buyer hook-up.

Big ups to colbert for the virgin buyer hook-up. He's taking one cherry at a time.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  redwood510 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Gatiio wrote:Be respectful.

If the price is not to your liking, just read it and leave. Don't post another sale on the person's thread.

Also, this is not a market so keep in mind that sometimes registering and posting a sale is frowned upon.

If someone has an item you want, mention it on a quoted comment, but dont flood them with PMs.

iuno, common sense. CAD is a pretty badass community where people go the distance for one another. A favor you do, most likely someone will repay you.

As for the actual transactions, i suggest paying the paypal 4% fee if you do not trust the seller and need a backup in case something goes awry.

you can also ask other members for feedback on a seller or look the seller up on the board. Good luck! I've been very blessed here with such amazing people, hope your experience is as great.

Welcome, have fun!

Thanks for the info Gatiio!
redwood510
redwood510
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdavidcannon Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am

Every time Ferg brings out any thing new Start Exercising your Fingers the week before so
you can hit those Key board's fast..... the faster you are the luckier you get...
Oh yes be sure to adjust your time correctly too because Ferg usually sells stuff cental standard time.
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:10 am

bigdavidcannon wrote:Every time Ferg brings out any thing new Start Exercising your Fingers the week before so
you can hit those Key board's fast..... the faster you are the luckier you get...
Oh yes be sure to adjust your time correctly too because Ferg usually sells stuff cental standard time.

Ahh, muchos gracias. I was not aware of the central standard time.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum