COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crazy prices !!!

+13
LonerStoner
JEEMAC
ussross547
amethystcape
ilovefreestufftoo
chelito19soccer
manny
chiprender
Gatiio
JasperF
Crunch
chase1319
dedicatedart
17 posters

Go down

crazy prices !!! Empty crazy prices !!!

Post  dedicatedart Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 am

Any one eles who's a huge squadt fan stunded by the crazy prices for them a year ago highest you ever paid was about 120$ shipped for most squadts from another boared member or even ebay at that. now even retail edition items are through the roof on resale prices. Any one eles think is happening out of greed ??
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

crazy prices !!! Empty Re: crazy prices !!!

Post  chase1319 Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

dedicatedart wrote:Any one eles who's a huge squadt fan stunded by the crazy prices for them a year ago highest you ever paid was about 120$ shipped for most squadts from another boared member or even ebay at that. now even retail edition items are through the roof on resale prices. Any one eles think is happening out of greed ??

Ya man definitely sensing that. A year ago when I was trying to get on my feet after a huge move I was not able to afford them, but as I got stable I saw a huge jump in pricing keeping me still from not affording them. Vicious.

It goes with the saying " Strike while the iron is hot"!!

Super bummer!!! But I have been patient and every now and then I get lucky and score at a rather reasonable price. Mind you it's still way higher than last year, but still better than the rediculousness happening today.
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

crazy prices !!! Empty yup

Post  dedicatedart Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am

Ya I would get some one ebay for cheap before I joined the boared now its like every squadt is reaching the price of rare originals, either meaning they will jump or stay the same value but either way look at some nut job on ebay 175$ for a retail tb #45 you must be high on crack. Even the number 10 and 23 are at crazy prices . There are good members still on here though Smile . But man the madness is prices are crazy . Let's stop being greedy people and rember its the Love for the squad !
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Crunch Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 pm

dedicatedart wrote:Ya I would get some one ebay for cheap before I joined the boared now its like every squadt is reaching the price of rare originals, either meaning they will jump or stay the same value but either way look at some nut job on ebay 175$ for a retail tb #45 you must be high on crack. Even the number 10 and 23 are at crazy prices . There are good members still on here though Smile . But man the madness is prices are crazy . Let's stop being greedy people and rember its the Love for the squad !

Didn't you buy the Nozzle S1 on eBay for $120 then turn around and sell it on here for more?
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Yea I did and still for a lot cheaper then what others sold for i didn't know what to price It at so there a high number and made a deal with a good board member. It wasn't like Omg I got a nozzle s1 ima milk some one for money !!! Lol . And every other squadt ovr bought in the last year I've been raped on like germ s1 paid 200$ + shipping by boared member on ebay .
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Same squadt, $220 shipped... Sometimes patience is the problem. Because this type also showed up here, within Europe and cheaper. So it's all in the timing
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm

if youre taking ebay as a mark then its going to be marked up a lot. Stick to forums, you're more likely to find deals around these parts. Also, if people really want a piece and the demand is high, then expect to pay premium for your piece. I hear this talk a lot and, while I'd like the prices to go down, its not going to happen.

We are talking about commodities, not necessities here. I said it once and I'll say it again, this hobby is not going to do anyone a favor, except for flippers. Part of the hobby is to immerse yourself in the culture and understand how it works and what a piece can represent. Squadts are hot right now, because in part its the only thing that ferg has been putting out. A few years back it was all about buds and the likes, its just how it is.

honestly, the best bet is to stick around and wait for a good deal that you can afford. Lastly, a lot of the prices on the squadt store reflect an economy that is no longer here. We are comfortable with paying 60 bucks for a game, but 7 or 8 years ago that price was a bit high. you always have to adjust for inflation.

Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

I understand the sentiment you have, but when demand far exceeds supply (which is the case here), that's what happens naturally. Add on top of that, you are now seeing "second generation" sales. Many of the Squadts I've purchased, I paid a fortune for (and I paid because I WANTED them)...if I decide to resell them, am I to lose money so people can feel good about getting a deal (something I have done actually)? I think that's a dumb expectation. All great artists that have big audiences are valued highly, and people pay a premium for limited stuff from those artists, period.

Again, I understand the sentiment and the desire for a "perfect" world, where everything is priced low, but that would be an indication that Ferg's stuff wasn't in demand, then what motivation would there be to keep producing new stuff? I used to fret too, and get pissed about flippers and all that. Now I've realized tt is what it is. As long as Ferg gains more and more fans, and as long as he continues to pump out great stuff, the value on his limited releases are going to continue going through the roof. You have to pay to play. Ok, time for breakfast! Very Happy Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crunch Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 pm

mmmm.... Breakfast
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Yup... About a year and half ago I bought a Doc for $50, a halloween chipp for $40, and a Gohst for $70.

I dont think any squadt will ever sell for that much now
manny
manny
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Breakfast was delicious by the way. Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chelito19soccer Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

manny wrote:Yup... About a year and half ago I bought a Doc for $50, a halloween chipp for $40, and a Gohst for $70.

I dont think any squadt will ever sell for that much now

Hahaha amazig prices i got my regular doc which was my firt squadt for 85 and it was signed by ferg so git a gem on my first buy and adding an albino doc soon so looking forwar to that
chelito19soccer
chelito19soccer
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm part of that "second generation" of sales that chip is talking about. I know I'm not going to a get deal at retail... When I got on the board I made two mistakes, its_mia had a Halloween Chipp for $105 and vince had a Gassed LP for $200 and I didn't jump on them because I was trying to haggle a little bit. I haven't seen these guys for sale for a while and regret not buying them when I had the chance. But every piece that I have bought I have not regretted paying for. If the prices for Squadts goes even higher, I would rather spend it on getting a custom done or buying a custom piece from Fergs show.

Last edited by ilovefreestufftoo on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  amethystcape Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I remember there was a time you couldn't give away those Halloween squadts...times have changed for sure.
amethystcape
amethystcape
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ussross547 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 pm

amethystcape wrote:I remember there was a time you couldn't give away those Halloween squadts...times have changed for sure.

And i still dont have one! LOL
ussross547
ussross547
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  JEEMAC Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Crunch wrote:mmmm.... Breakfast
+1 Laughing
JEEMAC
JEEMAC
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:34 pm

its all supply and demand, they sold at crazy prices because the demand was there...
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  JEEMAC Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 pm

I was lucky to get great prices on squadts off of this forum from awesome members. I also paid $300+ for a sealed #88 off of the bay. It is what it is.
JEEMAC
JEEMAC
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  redwood510 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Yep the Squadt fan base seems to have almost doubled over the past year along with prices on some things...I saw a retail 45 sell for $220! confused No

Forum members have been fucking awesome though! You know who you are....Thanks!!! cheers bonghit
redwood510
redwood510
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 am

That's funny I actually like the Halloween ones good decor during the holidays .
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  SaulSNES Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 am

redwood510 wrote:Yep the Squadt fan base seems to have almost doubled over the past year along with prices on some things...I saw a retail 45 sell for $220! confused No

Forum members have been fucking awesome though! You know who you are....Thanks!!! cheers bonghit

Seriously some forum members have made life amazing for beginner collectors like me and been nice enough to sell me some awesome pieces at nothing but the most reasonable prices whereas I definetly didn't have the same experience on ebay with other squadts :/
SaulSNES
SaulSNES
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:10 am

SaulSNES wrote:
redwood510 wrote:Yep the Squadt fan base seems to have almost doubled over the past year along with prices on some things...I saw a retail 45 sell for $220! confused No

Seriously some forum members have made life amazing for beginner collectors like me and been nice enough to sell me some awesome pieces at nothing but the most reasonable prices whereas I definetly didn't have the same experience on ebay with other squadts :/

I must say I'm with ya on this one, when I first started collecting it was only back in October of 11' and many members of this board hooked me up with great deals on many squadt figures so I'm pleased to say I'm happy to be part of this group. Ebay is tough and I've gotten some squadts for way more than retail but sometimes for some rare ones that are hard to find that's all you can do is buy it on ebay. Prices are just going to keep rising as Squadt's popularity just keeps increasing and more people are going to be after the older squadts the more rare they get. This is a good thing and a bad thing but hunt the ones down now that you want that way in the future you aren't paying an arm and a leg for them.
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 am

As I "Second generation" (or third??) CADer, I can sympathize with prices being a tad inflated, I mean Amazing Fantasy #15 isn't 12ยข anymore. I don't like flippers; I think they're pretty low to try and capitalize on hobbyists and collectors like myself, but when there's a will, there's a way to make a dollar. I know I will never pay retail or even double the retail value for a Playge Doctor, which is why I haven't collected any squadts yet, but I still love collecting and I know they're are still cool people out there who still look out for their own. I'm in my 20 (so I'm no veteran) but I started liking nerd shit when I was 10 and I was aware that liking comic books and toys was the type of stuff that got your ass kicked in high school. And it kinda still was when I got to high school (now it's suddenly a trend) but my point is that the people that shared similar interests with me and myself were part of a community that looked out for each other. So I think we should say fuck the guy who's trying to sell a 45 for $300 and try to promote this community that we all are part of. I'll wait till a CADer needs the money for his Playge Doctor, than pay some asshole who's just trying to take advantage of me.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down