SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!

Go down

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  Empty SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!

Post  cheapass on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Dear CAD bros/sisters:

any advise will help.

So I think I fucked up big time. was trying to push the 2.0 arm back to the minil "L" shape connector (that's between the body and the arm), while squadt is still clothed.

and I think I pushed it too hard! now the squadt rattles pale Evil or Very Mad

I tried to "pinch" it out, but after an hour, failed. T_T

any suggestions?

Last edited by cheapass on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  Empty Re: SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

cheapass wrote:Dear CAD bros/sisters:

any advise will help.

So I think I fucked up big time. was trying to push the 2.0 arm back to the minil "L" shape connector (that's between the body and the arm), while squadt is still clothed.

any suggestions?

No worries. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the body and take off one of the legs. Should be able to get it out no problem.

sqube
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  Empty Re: SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!

Post  itsa_mia on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 pm

oh man thats been one of my biggest fears
im just waiting for the day it happens to me as well

maybe he'll poop it out in a day
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cheapass on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 pm

=). I tried the leg route but the legs were so tight that I gave up didnt want to break them.

thanks greg. will try tonight.

glad it only take one post to solve. LOL.

cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 pm

cheapass wrote:=). I tried the leg route but the legs were so tight that I gave up didnt want to break them.

thanks greg. will try tonight.

glad it only take one post to solve. LOL.

The vinyl at the top of the leg is pretty stout but with a little extra heat I've always been able to remove them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cheapass on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 pm

so does that mean I can reposition the legs so squadt can be in a sitting stance? bounce bounce tongue
cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:08 pm

cheapass wrote:so does that mean I can reposition the legs so squadt can be in a sitting stance? bounce bounce tongue

I haven't figured that one out. Played around with the idea after seeing pics of one sitting (can't remember who's custom that was). Don't know the secret, sorry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cheapass on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm

i see. thanks.

that sitting squadt I think was from Rotofugi x ferg's "medium war" show.

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  5356595605_228fb0b67b
*google image*
cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 pm

I remember that chipp, I think that piece was for display only because I never saw it on sale.

the other custom I saw of a squadt sitting down was a Germ done by manny, but I believe he drilled different holes in order for the squadt to sit.
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Believe it was manny's custom I am thinking of.

Wouldn't be hard to re-shape the leg holes and sculpt the legs into place with Magic Sculpt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ussross547 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 am

Man this happened with my Germ... I played a game of "find the hole" lol! got some needle nose pliers (wrapped in cloth) and grabbed the joint. Once you get it out its pretty easy to grab. Good luck and dont stress... and take your time.
ussross547
ussross547
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  jgreds107 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 am

gregm wrote:
cheapass wrote:Dear CAD bros/sisters:

any advise will help.

any suggestions?

No worries. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the body and take off one of the legs. Should be able to get it out no problem.

sqube
\

happened to me today with FB chip.. hair dryer/ take off a leg works!!
jgreds107
jgreds107
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  Empty reply

Post  dedicatedart on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah I was going to say off with the legs haha but also I'm starting a custom soon of a sitting squadt so I al let you know how i did It .Smile
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  cheapass on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:47 pm

^yes, pls. do share Twisted Evil
cheapass
cheapass
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

SQUADT 2.0 ARM connector Fell into the body!!!  Empty p

Post  dedicatedart on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Uve done It to munnys but I feel this will be easier
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  jgreds107 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 am

Happened to me and the dryer trick is spot on and works!
jgreds107
jgreds107
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  DrilOne on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 am

What i do when it is impossible to get it out I pour a little glue in the opening and shake the piece till it glues it self. No more rattle.
DrilOne
DrilOne
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:18 pm

• Get an unsharpened pencil.
  • Take all the clothing and both arms off the Squadt Body.
  • Roll the body around until the L-connector piece that fell inside is "sitting" in the arm hole. The Squadt body should be horizontal and the arm hole that is holding the loose connector should be facing down.
  • Put the pencil through the OTHER arm hole and push down on the arm connector until it pops through the bottom arm hold. You might need to rotate the loose piece using the pencil in order to get it to fit through the arm hole.

whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I apologize for all of the issues with the 2.0 arms. They are in the process of being re-re-designed Smile and should now work without issue. study
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

DrilOne wrote:What i do when it is impossible to get it out I pour a little glue in the opening and shake the piece till it glues it self. No more rattle.

no need to do this for the squadt arm issue...just heat up the body (hair dryer) and remove a foot to retrieve the piece inside.
Admin
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  longbow on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Admin wrote:I apologize for all of the issues with the 2.0 arms. They are in the process of being re-re-designed Smile and should now work without issue. study

I have yet to encounter any issues with the arms, probably because I do not exert any strength when handling my squadts. Hope the redesign will maintain the 2.0 flexibility
longbow
longbow
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 pm

longbow wrote:
Admin wrote:I apologize for all of the issues with the 2.0 arms. They are in the process of being re-re-designed Smile and should now work without issue. study

I have yet to encounter any issues with the arms, probably because I do not exert any strength when handling my squadts. Hope the redesign will maintain the 2.0 flexibility

They will be the exact same in terms of articulation..just not so easy to come apart.
Admin
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  Art_Buyer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 am

So happy arms are being updated/fixed. With my poor coordination, I have being using the OG arms instead of the new ones. New ones never stay together for me. Thanks for looking out for us Ferg. Or at least looking out for us the uncoordinated amongst you.
Art_Buyer
Art_Buyer
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down