COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 looks scary to me, how about you?

+2
ROACHSHACK138
Gatiio
6 posters

Go down

2013 looks scary to me, how about you? Empty 2013 looks scary to me, how about you?

Post  Gatiio Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Hey fellow CADers!

So, I've been making a portfolio and trying to take shots of my stuff and what-not and its very stressful, hahaha. I am a mess right now, balding and greying more than ever, ha!

The thing is, I never realized how much work getting into school was. My Uni. degree was cake, but I've been out of college for so long that I just feel rusty and ill-prepared. Also, I now have a full-time job with something more or less of a career here in SK. Ive developed professionally here and this moving away feels, at times, like a bad move.

Any of you out there doing something similar? Some life changing event coming up that has you sleepless at night and nervous all the time? I've been re-writing the same statement of purpose over and over, haha. Iuno, I havent been here much lately (or I just feel like that) and this whole idea of going to grad school seems more like a pipe dream than something that is worth pursuing at times. Not that school is the most important thing in the world, its just something that I want. You know, like that feeling when you're 16 and all you want is a car, a sort of accomplishment, a landmark in one's life. Thats what this has become for me. I dream the dream of being an artist, but I also need to consider how that will feed my family (if I ever get one)

Im applying to SAIC (1st choice) and I am not sure I will get in, but at least I am trying. This Christmas I decided that it was enough time being far away from my country, the Mrs. agrees and let's just be honest, America kicks fucking-ass!

Anywho, we are getting ready over here to move across the globe. With about a million brown boxes and hopes and dreams. I look forward to checking out Chicago and seeing what the city has to offer. I am excited and nervous of leaving and arriving somewhere. who knows.

More to the point, I just thought I'd take a moment to properly thank, more than anything, this community.

There was a couple of weeks, here and there, that this place sure made my day brighter. A few instances in which just logging in really made things make sense (Loner's Drives for children and so we can tell cancer to fuck-off). Other times, people just made me feel like our world is not so screwed up after all, Im looking at you Eric! bow

Whatever, its the season and I am just homesick I guess, ha!

In short,

Thank you all, thank you to those folks out there that have helped out or just said 'Hi' here and there and of course thanks Ferg for having this place for us to shoot shit. sqube

CAD4LIFE
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

2013 looks scary to me, how about you? Empty Re: 2013 looks scary to me, how about you?

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeah, seems like a lot of that shit is going around, at least on my end as well. I almost lost my job, had havent much contact with my family for the past couple of months (even on Christmas), got food posioning than hospitalized. Not exactly in the same boat as you, but I feel ya all the same. Here's to a New, and better, Year for all of us, Gatiio chug bonghit. And welcome back to the states (even though youre technically not here yet.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

2013 looks scary to me, how about you? Empty Re: 2013 looks scary to me, how about you?

Post  itsa_mia Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:53 am

wishing u a safe trip back home What a Face
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am

thanks guys!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm

i could definitely see how the switch would be hella intimidating. but i wouldn't think it near as bad as moving away from the US to SK. so this should be a walk in the park for you. i've never moved more than 100 miles in my adult life, i couldn't even imagine to another country. i would hope your life experience would count for something when applying for Grad school. you would definitely seem "low risk".

good luck with the move and finding a school. i'm just afraid you are going to be disappointed when you move back to the states. i'm pretty sure nothing has improved since you left.

colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Chicago is the shizznit
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I think I know what you mean although I'm not at that point yet. I wish to be able to sell my paintings and try to earn some money for sculpting classes. The end goal/dream would be to cast and produce my own toys but I think I still have a long way to go.
On the bright side I just got hired at a great new job so my income will finally be a little more so that should put things on a faster pace but it also means that the coming months will be hard adjustments and long days studying
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:18 am

JasperF wrote:I think I know what you mean although I'm not at that point yet. I wish to be able to sell my paintings and try to earn some money for sculpting classes. The end goal/dream would be to cast and produce my own toys but I think I still have a long way to go.
On the bright side I just got hired at a great new job so my income will finally be a little more so that should put things on a faster pace but it also means that the coming months will be hard adjustments and long days studying

Yeah, Im sort of in that same path. Although, Im kinda taking a plunge here, from no debt and a stable and well paid job to unemployment and loans. LOL. Scary stuff.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Gatiio wrote:
JasperF wrote:I think I know what you mean although I'm not at that point yet. I wish to be able to sell my paintings and try to earn some money for sculpting classes. The end goal/dream would be to cast and produce my own toys but I think I still have a long way to go.

Yeah, Im sort of in that same path. Although, Im kinda taking a plunge here, from no debt and a stable and well paid job to unemployment and loans. LOL. Scary stuff.

I had a stable job as well before my unemployment but I had to work for 3,5 years without vacation (and lots of other problems) so I sorta took a longer period after that to get to a next job, but in the time between jobs... Man it wasn't easy, but my family knew why I made that move and they really helped me through it. I hope your family and/or friends can do the same for you!
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum