COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Shelves

5 posters

Go down

Your Shelves Empty Your Shelves

Post  ASPrintingPress Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 pm

So now that my final Budscriber box showed up I need to rearrange all my Jamungo stuff. I only have one problem, all the 3"ers fall over all the time, sometimes they break and I get a little watery. So any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Has anyone ever just used a little double sided tape to their shelves or risers, or maybe a tiny dab of clay? Any suggestions would be great because honestly if they keep falling over I don't know if I can handle many more breaking and I may just box everything up until I can think of a solution.

So lets figure something out boys and girls...
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Your Shelves Empty Re: Your Shelves

Post  whacko Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:38 am

Honestly, there is a way to position the feet of 99% of the 3" BUDs so that they won't fall over.
I have my shelves right next to my bedroom floor in a 3rd floor apartment with creaky floors that sways when traffic goes by outside. The only 3 incher that one doesn't stand reliably is my S1 Ghost (joints too slippy).

The toes need to be pointed in slightly, so that the BUDs over-all posture is leaning just slightly back., this will balance th lage head over the small body and feet and keep it from falling unless the shelve gets seriously knocked. Tap the shelf to check and see if the toy wobbles, if it wobbles then you need to adjust the feet more. You need to do this for all the 3" BUDs because their feet don't all sit quite the same.

If you don't want to deal with this at all, I would suggest getting some 3M Archival Photo tape at a place like Michaels of AC Moore. Its Acid free and shouldn't damage the paint on the bottom of the feet of your buds. Just cut a small section for one of the BUDs foot and stick it to the shelf. You wanna be a little careful, because if you cut too large of a section dust will stick to the tape like crazy. If you ever have to take the tape off, peel it slowly, don't just snap it, it can damage the paint if you do this.

Also, it doesn't hurt to face you shelves off with Plexi if they don't have glass. This way, if the BUDs do get knocked over they won't fall far and probably won't break/scratch. You can cheaply and easily buy some plexi at Home Depot and cut it to size (slightly larger than the opening of the shelf) and use some self-adhesive velcro tape to hole it in place.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:17 am

i get so pissed when they fall over Mad you have to position the feet so that they wont fall over im not sure how to get rid of the wobbles though Very Happy i learned this after many buds deciding they would like to fall on the floor and break Evil or Very Mad
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:07 am

darkghost973 wrote:i get so pissed when they fall over Mad you have to position the feet so that they wont fall over im not sure how to get rid of the wobbles though Very Happy i learned this after many buds deciding they would like to fall on the floor and break Evil or Very Mad

Like I said, you just need to play with the feet a bit to make them lean towards the back very slightly. Put the feet so the toes are as wide apart as possible while the figure can still stand up, and then move the toe ends in towards each other a little bit at a time until your figure doesn't wobble. It will be "in" a bit more than you would think. Once you do this for a few toys the general position becomes obvious and it is easier to position all of your 3"ers like this.

Of course this still won't keep your BUDs from falling if someone stumbles into your shelves.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:56 am

I can get them to stand up fairly well by turning the toes in but even one wobbly one falls over and you can bet your ass atleast another 8 are going down with it. I have some archival tape at the shop I will try on their feet. My attic studio will be finished in a few weeks so that's where the detolfs are gonna be set up.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SecurityGeek Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:22 am

I use clear museum gel from the Container Store. It holds them in place but comes right off, if needed.
SecurityGeek
SecurityGeek
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:51 pm

That's a great idea, securitygeek. I have had this problem, but Whacko is right. The positioning of the feet will make them stable. If one has slippy joints I would use the tape or gel to ensure there's no domino effect should it get bumped.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down