COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero

+9
jimkoch
darkghost973
marshhouse
dreamattack27
Mendez
BigC
doug
philnjill
herobeth
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero Empty This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero

Post  herobeth Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 pm

WHAT: This B.U.D.'s for You. Hero is hosting a custom toy show featuring one-of-a-kind customs from over 30 artists from all over the world. The figure that is being customized is the 9" Blow Up Doll (or B.U.D) from Jamungo and each custom toy will be available for purchase in person, the night of the opening reception and throughout the duration of the show. They will then be available for purchase online after the first week of being on display, so if you are hoping to get a custom from a certain artist, you will want to be at the opening.

WHEN: October 24 - December 23, 2008. The opening reception is Friday, October 24 at El Museo directly next door to Hero. The show will only be on display at El Museo for the night of the reception (Hero will still be open next door) and the show will move over and remain on display at Hero from October 25 - December 23.

WHERE: Opening reception is Friday October 24 is at El Museo, 95 Allen Street, Buffalo NY 14202 the collection will be on display for duration of the show at Hero Design Studio + Boutique at 93 Allen Street.

WHY: This B.U.D.'s for You was organized to spotlight the phenomenon of custom designed toys and the artists creating them. We are featuring seasoned toy designers, gigposter artists, fine artists, illustrators, tattoo artists, musicians, etc. There will be local artists as well as international artists. Each piece is a one-of-kind toy all available for purchase.

WHO:
Frank Kozik • Dalek • Doktor A • Michael Michael Motorcycle • Shawn Smith of Shawnimals • Bobby Dixon • Aesthetic Apparatus • Anne Benjamin • Jordan Buckley • Mike Budai • Jared Cain • Cerdo • Coreroc • D-LuX • DROID • Delicious Design League • Doublenaut • Dwitt • Edreys • Jason Goad • Eleanor Grosch • Hero Design Studio • Richard Kegler • Bucky Lastard • Leecifer • Jon Mirro • Punchgut • Thomas Rooney • Rob Schwager • Craig Seder • Mike Slobot • Dan Springer • Dan Stiles • Strawberryluna • Adam Swinbourne • Amy Jo/Tooth • Lonny Unitus

**STAY TUNED FOR SNEAK PEAKS OF THE CUSTOMS AND MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE OPENING PARTY!**
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero Empty Re: This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero

Post  philnjill Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:58 pm

SWEET! I Love custom shows - this should be awesome to see!
philnjill
philnjill
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero Empty Re: This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero

Post  doug Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 pm

awesomez

HAI HERO! What a Face
doug
doug
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 pm

wish I could make it

welcome to the board.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Doug!!

thanks BigC!!

We're getting sooo excited over here for this show - we've already started seeing some of the customs and they are amazing!!
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:50 pm

A few teaser images just posted here:
http://herodesignstudio.blogspot.com/
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm

herobeth wrote:A few teaser images just posted here:
http://herodesignstudio.blogspot.com/

That's just wrong!! heh....TEASE!!

I want dibs on the Dalek one!@!#%!#%$&!!&
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm a tease!! Expect more of it too Wink
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am

oh I think I hate you......

more more more more. LOL
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 am

Here is a better tease:

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero HeroCustomShowVertical
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:39 am

Whore!!! I love you

Laughing
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:53 am

Awesome! I love Doktor A's stuff, his "Victorians" series is gonna be fantastic.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Yeh his stuff is pretty killer. I cant wait to see this in person!!!
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  marshhouse Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 pm

Right on, Beth!

I love when she teases.
marshhouse
marshhouse
CAD Grunt

http://www.marshhouseart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:17 am

Yeah I saw the proto's for the series at the Mindstyle booth at SDCC, they were the most detailed and amazing mini-figs I have ever seen.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 am

bounce i can't wait for this show cyclops thanks for the tease of doktor a, and the dlux bud
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:27 pm

I am bumping this cuz I can
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Dalek wrote:never got one done unfortunately.....i was hoping to have the time to participate...

sorry about that...time is not on my side these days....

Crying or Very sad

I was totally ready to spend whatever was needed or at least run out of the gallery with it........ No
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  marshhouse Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 am

Mendez wrote:
Dalek wrote:never got one done unfortunately.....i was hoping to have the time to participate...

Crying or Very sad

I was totally ready to spend whatever was needed or at least run out of the gallery with it........ No

That shit ain't funny.
marshhouse
marshhouse
CAD Grunt

http://www.marshhouseart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:05 am

marshhouse wrote:
Mendez wrote:

Crying or Very sad

That shit ain't funny.

Just being passionate about this. Been trying to get a gig in the city to attend this. Besides, I would not get too far running with my fat ass anyhow. cyclops

HERO, can we get some more pics?
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 pm

yes more pics please lol!
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  jimkoch Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I wanna play! clown
jimkoch
jimkoch
Trench Warmer

http://www.jimkoch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 pm

jimkoch wrote:I wanna play! clown

Apocalypto rules!! cheers
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero Empty SHOW OPENS THIS FRIDAY 10/24

Post  herobeth Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Show opens this Friday!!! Check the site for the full gallery of ALL the toys Monday 10/27 and any remaining unsold toys will be available for purchase online on 10/31.

This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero 1
This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero 2
This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero 3
This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero 4
This B.U.D.'s for You - Custom 9" B.U.D. Toy Show at Hero 5

more info about the show here
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  herobeth Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:48 pm

Show opens tomorrow!!!!!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!
herobeth
herobeth
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next