COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else a slave to cataloging?

+3
wpaarts
whacko
romanquex3n
7 posters

Go down

Anyone else a slave to cataloging? Empty Anyone else a slave to cataloging?

Post  romanquex3n Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 am

Seriously. I am a slave to rotocasted.com. Every time I get a new toy in the mail I run to the computer and create a listing for it. If I cant find a photo I take one and post it. Im insane. Well maybe ocd is more like it.
romanquex3n
romanquex3n
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Anyone else a slave to cataloging? Empty Re: Anyone else a slave to cataloging?

Post  whacko Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 am

Never saw that website before.
Probably never will again. Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

To much work.... Rolling Eyes
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Expressobeans has a simelar function right?

Does anyone else make their own personal inventory of what they have with the prices they paid etc etc? Or is .. that .. just .. me Shocked
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:Does anyone else make their own personal inventory of what they have with the prices they paid etc etc? Or is .. that .. just .. me Shocked

YES Exclamation Wink
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:Expressobeans has a simelar function right?

Does anyone else make their own personal inventory of what they have with the prices they paid etc etc? Or is .. that .. just .. me Shocked

I did, but haven't updated it since '08
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:Expressobeans has a simelar function right?

I don't make a catalog of prices, I just sorta remember what I paid for different toys that I have bought.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  romanquex3n Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:27 am

Attila The Dan wrote:

I definitely do that. I used to keep track of the prices when I bought the toys more often when I started cause I thought they would appreciate in value. Now seeing the second hand designer/art toy market decline... makes me not care as much. Probably because I didn't buy the "right" toys but now I've seen the value of stuff be lower than it was when I bought it and it can be an LE of 100. Like my stupid sepia Zliks. I bought them off the KR boards only because I thought I was getting a good deal and I'd be able to sell them for more later on. But now I'm selling them on ebay for $15 less than what I paid for. I say they're stupid only cause I didn't really like them that much when I bought them. I have other Zliks that I do like and those I'm keeping. But anyway... Back to cataloging. Yes. The prices and date and where I bought it from. But not for every thing. Just the stuff that I think might be worth something.
romanquex3n
romanquex3n
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Spaztrick Sat May 01, 2010 10:55 am

My cataloging started with CDs. Whole big ass spreadsheet with artist/album/copyright/label/cat#/format (single, ep, etc)/notes (ltd, signed, etc). All typed out one disc at a time before I broke down and bought a barcode scanner. Now I've added a profile at librarything as well.

So, to answer the original question... yeah I've got an account over at rotocasted. I like the idea behind it, it's headed in the right direction, but still needs some work.

Last edited by Spaztrick on Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i can't spell.)
Spaztrick
Spaztrick
CAD Grunt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaztrick/

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat May 01, 2010 8:25 pm

romanquex3n wrote:
Attila The Dan wrote:

I definitely do that. I used to keep track of the prices when I bought the toys more often when I started cause I thought they would appreciate in value. Now seeing the second hand designer/art toy market decline... makes me not care as much. Probably because I didn't buy the "right" toys but now I've seen the value of stuff be lower than it was when I bought it and it can be an LE of 100. Like my stupid sepia Zliks. I bought them off the KR boards only because I thought I was getting a good deal and I'd be able to sell them for more later on. But now I'm selling them on ebay for $15 less than what I paid for. I say they're stupid only cause I didn't really like them that much when I bought them. I have other Zliks that I do like and those I'm keeping. But anyway... Back to cataloging. Yes. The prices and date and where I bought it from. But not for every thing. Just the stuff that I think might be worth something.

The problem with "speculating" on collectible items like toys is that prices rise and fall, and when the market goes down you have to be able to hold on to stuff until the market rises again or lose money on the items you bought when the market was high. Money has been tight for me recently but I have still been able to get some great toys are prices I never would have dreamed of last year. Hopefully in a few years when I need to make space, of I get tired of the toys (if I do) I will be able to get what I paid for them or more.

But of course there are no guarantees, which is why it is important to only buy the toys you really really like.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  doug Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 pm

been curating Jamungo on EB for years bom

just in case folks aren't aware, anyone can enter eBay auctions, new art, or new pictures of existing entries...pm if you have any questions...or corrections! Wink
doug
doug
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum