COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear Variant July BOTM?

+10
EL PADRINO
bigdavidcannon
darkghost973
dreamattack27
Assburrito!
BigC
Mendez
ontheDL
marshhouse
whacko
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Clear Variant July BOTM? - Page 2 Empty Re: Clear Variant July BOTM?

Post  BigC Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:06 am

dreamattack27 wrote:Subbers get 2 regular and one variant of the BOTM.

C ordered 2 additional variants and one additional regular.

for a total of 3 variants and 3 regular. 👽

FTW cheers
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am

whacko wrote:
darkghost973 wrote:Evil or Very Mad haha i laughed immediately when you said you pre ordered it! I'm not ordering anything until i see the finished product in the stores hand Suspect try ordering more than 1 and you will see what happens lol!

I got one of each for myself and the rest are for customs. I like the URFKT2 design, but if I don't like variant it will go into the customs bin as well.
Since no place that I know of within 200 miles sells these things, I won't be able to "wait until I see the finished product in the store's hand." Since I trust Jamungo to make the toys & get them out, buying a pre-order online is really no different than buying anything online since either way I have no way to know if the store has the product I want in stock or not. I just have to trust that a store that hasn't screwed me in the past won't screw me in the future. Resellerratings.com helps, but even exceptional stores sometimes make decisions on incomplete or incorrect information, which is likely the case of what happened to the last BOTM Variant pre-orders.

Clearly, if you read BigC's post, this store would not fall into the "exceptional stores" category. I think the problem here remains the whole pre-order thing. If the store has it in stock, then order it. It is true that even in-stock items can occasionally be oversold by even exceptional stores. Bus I would say that pre-orders work well about 10% of the time, and a whole lot of customers get pissed in the meantime. If you look at Rotofugi, for example, they never do pre-orders except for large items, because they know how it is with distributors and don't want to give bad customer service or to piss off customers. Even if it was because of incomplete or incorrect information, there is a way to rectify the situation properly, that just wasn't it. So I think what we are all saying is, go ahead if you want, just don't count on it.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 am

To be completely clear, I'm not saying I hope you get screwed like I did. I hope you get what you ordered. I'm just saying that it is not a good idea to count on it. I love you
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:59 am

My sentiments exactly.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Clearly, if you read BigC's post, this store would not fall into the "exceptional stores" category. I think the problem here remains the whole pre-order thing. If the store has it in stock, then order it. It is true that even in-stock items can occasionally be oversold by even exceptional stores. Bus I would say that pre-orders work well about 10% of the time, and a whole lot of customers get pissed in the meantime. If you look at Rotofugi, for example, they never do pre-orders except for large items, because they know how it is with distributors and don't want to give bad customer service or to piss off customers. Even if it was because of incomplete or incorrect information, there is a way to rectify the situation properly, that just wasn't it. So I think what we are all saying is, go ahead if you want, just don't count on it.

Well my main point was, How do you know an online retailer has stock? Anytime you order something from an online store you have to take it on faith that that particular store has the items they say they do on hand and ready to ship. Pre-orders are no different, you have to take the retailers word that they will have the product available when they say they will. I have had several instances where I have ordered items that are "In Stock" only to receive (hopefully) an email saying the item really wan't in stock and they are refunding my money (or the alternative where I have had to fight them). Had I known about BigC's previous experience I probably wouldn't have put my pre-order in so soon, but from my personal experience with Tainted Visions they are a pretty good retailer (I wouldn't call them exceptional and didn't mean to imply they were). I have ordered many items from them in the past, including pre-orders and I have received notification if they were going to be delayed, and usually they were shipped out to me before the store status was changed from "Pre-order" to "Now shipping."

If there does eventually turn out to be a problem, my credit card company has a pretty good disputation policy regarding online retailers.

Having said that, I am sad that this thread turned in this direction. Perhaps we should have a seperate forum where we can leave each other reviews of online retailers that sell Jamungo as well as good transactions with people on these forums (Ferg & VB). I would much rather talk about the new BOTMs than shady online merchants
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:29 pm

ontheDL wrote:Just preordered one too. Hopefully it really exists, and if it does, its gonna look awesome!
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 pm

ontheDL wrote:
ontheDL wrote:Just preordered one too. Hopefully it really exists, and if it does, its gonna look awesome!

It definitely exists.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 am

I would never want any of my posts to be construed as attacks or as negative. I personally feel that no harm can come from healthy discussion of a topic. I just wanted to make that clear. That being said, I think we have all made our points, take from them what you will.

I don't think we need a separate forum for discussion of online retailers. Tainted Visions just happened to be the one involved in this particular thread, and it just happened to be the one that many of us had problems with last time.

The vast majority of online retailers are honest, hard-working and friendly. It never hurts to warn others when there is a real problem with a shop, as long as it is a constructive conversation and not slanderous.

So I say let's move on.

VIVA LA JAMUNGO!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 am

Dream, I didn't think you were trying to be negative, don't worry bro.

As for a retailer forums, the only reason I kinda want that is so I have more places to get Jamungo stuff, and I know which ones have slow shipping etc. It doesn't even have to be a forum, it could just be like a sticky thread in the buying & selling forum.

I know the KR Forums have something similar, but I honestly hate wading into the KR forums, because there are sooo many posts, and sooo much crap over there its hard to find stuff. Searching for stuff doesn't often return decent results either.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 am

I hear ya Whacko! I have found most of my retailers through the Jamungo site, they have a list of the companies they deal with/sell to on the right-hand side! cheers
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:34 am

dreamattack27 wrote:I hear ya Whacko! I have found most of my retailers through the Jamungo site, they have a list of the companies they deal with/sell to on the right-hand side! cheers

I actually just finished going through every store on that list. Nearly 75% of of them don't have any Jamungo merchandise for sale. Three of them are out of business.

I don't think Ferg & VB have the time nor inclination to go through the list and clean it out and keep it updated.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:13 am

Yeah you're probably right, I haven't gone through that list since the old site, I'm sure it hasn't been updated in a while. All the main ones are in there, though.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  marshhouse Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:52 pm

www.marshhouseart.com for your Jamungo fix.

Embarassed

Neutral

Twisted Evil
marshhouse
marshhouse
CAD Grunt

http://www.marshhouseart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:05 am

OOO you shameless self-promoter!!

cherry
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 am

Ok so it's the 27th.....

Anyone get a tracking or shipping confirmation yet?
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 pm

Mendez wrote:Ok so it's the 27th.....

I haven't gotten anything yet. I did check the TV site, and it says the clear variant is sold out. Let's hope they get it right this time.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Assburrito! wrote:
Mendez wrote:Ok so it's the 27th.....

I haven't gotten anything yet. I did check the TV site, and it says the clear variant is sold out. Let's hope they get it right this time.

My order status still says "Processing," hopefully it will be shipped out soon.
If they don't have enough BOTM Variants, I hope they ship on a first come - first served basis cuz I ordered before all you bastards! cherry

UPDATE: TaintedVisions now has the regular BOTM for BuyItNow sale on eBay, so hopefully our stuff will be shipping soon as well...
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:35 pm

My Account says:

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.

So hopefully "processing" means en route to the post office.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 am

Mendez wrote:My Account says:

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.

Did you get Clear Variant BOTMs?
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:05 am

whacko wrote:
Mendez wrote:My Account says:

Did you get Clear Variant BOTMs?

Yes , I ordered one of each. We shall see if they arrive soon. No tracking or shipping info has been sent.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:46 am

I just sent TV an email to see if they have shipped out yet. I'll let you guys know what they say.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdavidcannon Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 am

Assburrito! wrote:I just sent TV an email to see if they have shipped out yet. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Thank you, Just cant wait to get them.
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:23 am

they emailed me back and said they were supposed to get them friday and then send them out. they also said i will receive my full order this time...
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 am

Got an email back, and I was told that my order has not been sent. They said they expect the BOTM's in by the end of the week. Sooooooo, I'm assuming no ones order has been sent yet. Neutral

Last edited by Assburrito! on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:27 am

EL PADRINO wrote:they emailed me back and said they were supposed to get them friday and then send them out. they also said i will receive my full order this time...

Wow, I think we posted at the same time!
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next