COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF is up?

+8
eldoobya
EL PADRINO
BigC
wpaarts
muffinman
Crow
Mendez
whacko
12 posters

Go down

WTF is up? Empty WTF is up?

Post  whacko Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 am

I have been looking around for NKD Squadts. I got a decent deal on eBay for a NKD Jack & Qpmnt Pac 1 but since then every place has been selling the NKD Jack for $75 and the QPMNT PACs for $28. Why do the NKD Jacks + a set of accessories cost $103 (plus usually about $10 shipping) when a normal release is $85? I mean I want to buy a couple more NKD Jacks for customs and stuff, but it is a little off-putting when they cost more than the normal releases.

GRRRRRRRRRRR! mad2
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

WTF is up? Empty Re: WTF is up?

Post  Mendez Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 am

whacko wrote:I have been looking around for NKD Squadts. I got a decent deal on eBay for a NKD Jack & Qpmnt Pac 1 but since then every place has been selling the NKD Jack for $75 and the QPMNT PACs for $28. Why do the NKD Jacks + a set of accessories cost $103 (plus usually about $10 shipping) when a normal release is $85? I mean I want to buy a couple more NKD Jacks for customs and stuff, but it is a little off-putting when they cost more than the normal releases.

GRRRRRRRRRRR! mad2

I hear ya
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crow Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 am

I already discarted this possibility. I decided only to try customs once the .50 are out
It's impossible otherwise....
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 am

Crow wrote:I already discarted this possibility. I decided only to try customs once the .50 are out

Yeah but I am pretty sure that the whole point of the NKDs and the fact that they come unpainted and without accessories (really) and in such a large edition (400) was to make them cheaper, easier to get and all-around more attractive mod-fodder.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Crow Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:59 am

whacko wrote:
Crow wrote:I already discarted this possibility. I decided only to try customs once the .50 are out

Yeah but I am pretty sure that the whole point of the NKDs and the fact that they come unpainted and without accessories (really) and in such a large edition (400) was to make them cheaper, easier to get and all-around more attractive mod-fodder.

Yes, that was the theory, but apparently you need to state on the name that this toy is in fact a blank. Maybe by putting a "DIY Edition"
People must think that the NKD jack is just another squadt release like the others... There's no other excuse for being such a-holes with this prices
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  muffinman Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am

it's almost as though the RGULR NKD squadts have secondary market prices already.
only they're sold via retailers... that really sucks. and although a production run of 400
is still pretty limited and nowhere near mass production the prices for the toys and add-on packs
should be not be more than for the squadtstore released ones (excluding s&h of course).
on the other hand squadtstore releases have always been bargains. $85 for a GID NKD and
QPMNT pac. that's like $65for the fig (and robe, mind) and $20 for the pac or whichever
way you'd like to divide that up. ...shipped? a figure that's limited to 100 pieces worldwide! it's a steal.

so, how much cheaper does a #400 run have to be? then there's s&h to get the figs to the stores...
what's domestic shipping in the us? so $50 per figure, the pacs...$25 plus s&h...
then stores usually ad a handful of dollars for their ... whatchumacallits and then add s&h to get the box to you...

somebody knoledgeable in the trading business department please make an equation that makes the
retail figures&pacs turn out be less expensive for the collector/modder than the squadtstore ones (not including
shipping to collector/modder's door). i would really like to see how that turns out.
would be damn interesting, too!

muffinman
muffinman
CAD Grunt

http://www.muffinmangofigure.blogspot.com  // blog

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Ferg already mentioned why NKD Jack retail for $75.
Threezero and not Ferg set the suggested retail price Sad
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Don't even get me started. You do NOT want to feel the wrath of my rant. They seem to be a neccessary evil though. As long as they don't get too involved with the Buds, I'll be cool.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm

lol!
Easy BigC, easy.. Wink
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm

if they were $50 direct form jamungo i would buy an army. i bought one, but would like to buy another for a custom. NOT for $75 bux tho. Someone needs to get a wholesale account and hook up all the board members.

Last edited by EL PADRINO on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 am

wpaarts wrote: lol!
Easy BigC, easy.. Wink

easy is his middle name.
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am

EL PADRINO wrote:if they were $50 direct form jamungo i would buy an army. i bought one, but would like to buy another for a custom. NOT for $75 bux tho. Someone needs to get a wholesale account and hook up all the board members.

Hope they go on SALE when none are sold for $75 Rolling Eyes
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 am

EL PADRINO wrote:if they were $50 direct form jamungo i would buy an army. i bought one, but would like to buy another for a custom. NOT for $75 bux tho. Someone needs to get a wholesale account and hook up all the board members.

EXACTLY!
That is what I am talking about!

As for Threezero setting the price, they were probably going by what previous squadts were going for which is $75 + 10 shipping. Maybe they didn't realize these were supposed to be cheaper, but you think they might gotten a hint since they didn't have to paint them or dress them with elaborate accessories.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 am

This turned out to be a good deal. cyclops With QPMNT PAC I!!

SOLD for $66 on ebay, shipped
eldoobya
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 am

eldoobya wrote:This turned out to be a good deal. cyclops With QPMNT PAC I!!

SOLD for $66 on ebay, shipped

Yeah, you out bid me on that one Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:45 am

I to am a bit unhappy with the price of the NKD, but all I can say is that it comes with two set of arms, three set of eyes, a knife, and a bath robe...not the mention that they are limited to 400. With that being said, it's unclear why a NKD would cost $75.00. All I know is that retailers ARE STILL SELLING them at that price. I would love to buy a couple more for customs, but the price is a bit high for a toy that should be more of DIY. The eyes are painted underneath the helmet though.

As from a business perspective, Threezero is making a substantial amount off of these toys. If retailers are charging $75 for a NKD, that means that the wholesale price is around $37.50. Normally to figure out the cost of something, you half the wholesale price, so in general terms, cost would possibly be $18.75...However i believe the cost to produce the NKD is a lot less because the mold has already been made, and the quantity is pretty high...the more you produce, the cheaper your cost will be.

I'm not trying to knock on Ferg or Threezero cause I would still purchase these, but really at least give me some GID or different color options or at least add in another helmet.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

http://www.fittedhawaii.com/hanahou/

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 pm

The GID version was limited too 100 pieces (I think) and came with QPMNT PAC 3 which is completely awesome, all for the low low price of $85 shipped. Which on comparison makes the regular NKD Jacks seem even more expensive.

I am not knocking FERG, cuz I love his toys, but it is really frustrating to wait over a year for a DIY version of a Squadt and then have it cost as much or more than the regular release editions even though it comes unpainted and without complex accessories.

/rant
Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  xianricca Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm with a lot of guys on this.
I really was looking forward to picking up one or two of these before I saw what they were selling for. Just a little out of my price range. Though I do know that Ferg mentioned that the profit margin on squadts was super small so I doubt they wholesale was under 40.

A good example of DIY's being more expensive than a release is the MADL's.
Productions cost lie 25 but blanks cost 50.

Also aren't the NKD's still selling at the $75 price point?
Long ago I had to face the fact that a lot of people who collect these toys have a much large disposeable income than myself.
xianricca
xianricca
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Target Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 pm

I know you guys will crucify me, but my wife ordered me a NKD Jack & QPMNT Pac 2 from an online store for $100 (it shipped free). It was a lot more than what you guys paid, but I didn't find out about the Squadts until it was too late in the game, and I'm at work when they went on sale. That said $75 was too expensive, but it was still cheaper than ebay.

Last edited by Ghost Target on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghost Target
Ghost Target
CAD Recruit

http://www.Glyos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Ghost Target, you only paid $3 less than retail. Retail is 75 and 28 for the qpmt pac.

I got both pacs and nkd for 115.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

http://www.fittedhawaii.com/hanahou/

Back to top Go down

Post  scumonkey Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 pm

I also got NKD and both packs - but for 112.42 (and that included shipping)
The Nkds are still available for 69.95 at Frozen Empire- still not cheap, but not $75 Suspect
scumonkey
scumonkey
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 pm

scumonkey wrote:I also got NKD and both packs - but for 112.42 (and that included shipping)
The Nkds are still available for 69.95 at Frozen Empire- still not cheap, but not $75 Suspect

If you add a NKD Squadt to you cart at frozen empire, the price magically becomes $75 when you go to pay for the Squadt. I haven't emailed them yet to see if that is just an error.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  scumonkey Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 pm

[quote]f you add a NKD Squadt to you cart at frozen empire, the price magically becomes $75 when you go to pay for the Squadt. I haven't emailed them yet to see if that is just an error.
That's messed up- hopefully it's just an error?!
scumonkey
scumonkey
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum