COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One!

4 posters

Go down

HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One! Empty HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One!

Post  whacko Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:23 am

Heh not Jamungo related, but I finally got a Shepard Fairey print from the ObeyGiant.com website.
I have beena fan of Shepard Fairey's even before I knew who he was or that he was behing Andre the Giant has a Posse (now OBEY) campaigns.
It is next to impossible to get a print off of his site on drop day due to the server traffic, but I was finally (after about 4 hours of trying) able to snag one of these:

HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One! Warbyn10

I like Fairey's prints but I refuse to pay eBay scalper prices for them.
The last print I tried to get was selling for $45, and not 15 miutes after they sold out on his site they were up on eBay for as much as $575.00.
Fucking rediculous (the flipping fucks..)
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One! Empty Re: HaHAHaHAHa Finally Got One!

Post  mindblowin02 Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 pm

congrats.

thats a stunner.
mindblowin02
mindblowin02
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm

I got the giant bumper sticker obey dexter thing at sdcc. I need to get some corkboard or something to put it on.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzen Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:03 am

He used to have a set time when he drops his prints. I was able to score three ones I really liked. But ever since he changed to random drops it's been difficult as I can't keep stalking his site at work. My boss will see. T___T

Congratulations on scoring that one! I tried for that one when it was initially released but missed out due to server overload.
Fuzen
Fuzen
Trench Warmer

http://flickr.com/photos/fuzen/

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 am

Fuzen wrote:He used to have a set time when he drops his prints. I was able to score three ones I really liked. But ever since he changed to random drops it's been difficult as I can't keep stalking his site at work. My boss will see. T___T

Congratulations on scoring that one! I tried for that one when it was initially released but missed out due to server overload.

Thanks Smile

It took me 4 hours of refreshing his site at work in order for me to finally get through the friggin order process and get my print. Luckily I am a Graphic Designer and it is expected of me to look at other designers & artists websites on a regular basis in order to get inspiration for upcoming projects Wink I find it helps to have 2 browsers running. I use Internet Explorer for "work stuff" and Firefox minimized for non-work things.

I was hoping to try to pick up more prints (got a couple of Obama's) but he released his book ($20 on Amazon btw) and the Henry Rollins poster doesn't really do anything for me so there hasn't been anything great on his site for a while. Eventually I want to pick up his 3 Duality of Humanity posters, cuz they are pretty amazing, but eBay prices are killing me.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down