COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i think im going to delete my SMYV account.....

+4
pituvision
BigC
amethystcape
Mendez
8 posters

Go down

i think im going to delete my SMYV account..... Empty i think im going to delete my SMYV account.....

Post  Mendez Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 am

Not really sure if I agree to what I'm seeing. There's a task one contest but you have to "donate" or be a VIP status that can be "purchased".

Yeah....I'm deleting it tonight. I don't see anything good coming out this. Down the road they'll pull some myspace bs and say they own rights to all material uploaded etc. Just my opinion. Thought id share. Looked promising, but they began to lose me with the slow ass server issues.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

i think im going to delete my SMYV account..... Empty Re: i think im going to delete my SMYV account.....

Post  amethystcape Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 am

Mendez wrote:Not really sure if I agree to what I'm seeing. There's a task one contest but you have to "donate" or be a VIP status that can be "purchased".

Yeah....I'm deleting it tonight. I don't see anything good coming out this. Down the road they'll pull some myspace bs and say they own rights to all material uploaded etc. Just my opinion. Thought id share. Looked promising, but they began to lose me with the slow ass server issues.

Probably will as well. Rather uncomfortable with everyone knowing my name and sending me random messages and friend requests.
amethystcape
amethystcape
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

i think im going to delete my SMYV account..... Empty Re: i think im going to delete my SMYV account.....

Post  BigC Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 am

please explain for us anagramally challenged.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:26 am

BigC wrote:please explain for us anagramally challenged.

http://www.showmeyourvinyl.com/index.php/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pituvision Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:31 am

mendez i didnt even open one. once i saw that you had to create an account so you can see what the site looks like i said no. its stupid that you cant see it without giving out your information. thats just me.
pituvision
pituvision
Trench Warmer

http://www.pituvision.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:10 am

what's fucked up is it won't let me delete my account. just sent Blake a email to delete me.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Stanley Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 am

Hey guys, this is Blake from SMYV, first let me apologize for the error given when trying to delete your account, I will get you taken off and see why that happened... Just wanted to address the issues you guys are having, people donate money to help improve the site and I like to reward that, This is the first VIP contest I have had, second this website is a facebook style community which the whole point is to have a profile, hence why you need to sign up, this is not a forum or message board, and the forum you actually don't need to sign up to view! As for the slow server I have only been up just over a month and am working hard on natural performance issues... I apologize if it's not up to par... I thank you guys for your interest and do hope you will stay with us! Have a great one guys! I'll get that account down for ya frank right away!

Blake Stanley
Blake Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Great

Whoops!
An error has occurred.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:26 pm

pituvision wrote:mendez i didnt even open one. once i saw that you had to create an account so you can see what the site looks like i said no. its stupid that you cant see it without giving out your information. thats just me.

Same reason I didn't sign up.

Blake if you'd like to take some criticism, I would atleast allow the people to view what your offering before requiring them to sign up.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  pituvision Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:03 pm

i can still see facebook profiles without having to log in. so the "like facebook" argument doesnt really apply. But again its your site and you can do what eva you want.
pituvision
pituvision
Trench Warmer

http://www.pituvision.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

WOW, you guys are being kinda brutal. It's a pretty freakin big undertaking to start something like that and it REALLY hasn't been up that long so I'm sure the issues will get worked out. I'm VIP because I donated a custom 3A Armstrong for a DIY contest. That contest was open to anyone who wanted to do a DIY toy and enter it into the contest NOT just VIP'ers.

I'm not on there as much as I could or maybe should be but in time it will grow and I'm sure some pretty cool shit will come out of it. All I'm sayin is try being a little more helpful and not so "fuck this I'm out", a little constructive crit goes a long way but just saying fuck it doesn't help anyone. It's just about furthering like minded toy people.

Just my two cents.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

ASPrintingPress wrote:WOW, you guys are being kinda brutal. It's a pretty freakin big undertaking to start something like that and it REALLY hasn't been up that long so I'm sure the issues will get worked out. I'm VIP because I donated a custom 3A Armstrong for a DIY contest. That contest was open to anyone who wanted to do a DIY toy and enter it into the contest NOT just VIP'ers.

I'm not on there as much as I could or maybe should be but in time it will grow and I'm sure some pretty cool shit will come out of it. All I'm sayin is try being a little more helpful and not so "fuck this I'm out", a little constructive crit goes a long way but just saying fuck it doesn't help anyone. It's just about furthering like minded toy people.

Just my two cents.

I feel ya, I could've worded my initial statement differently. You're totally right about it being a task to get something off the ground. As for the "fuck this I'm out" , well isn't that how SMYV got it's initial push with the KR board having technical issues? In fact, no need to comment on that. I will delete this thread by the end of the day, I definitely don't want to be the Martyr of SMYV for my opinions. .... I wish Blake and his crew success in their en-devours.

For the record, still waiting deletion ......
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Stanley Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:31 am

Hey guys, no need to delete this! I appreciate criticism, it's how things become better!! And I will actually be allowing people to vie member profiles without signing up because of this thread, so I thank you! As for my "crew" I am the only one behind smyv, it is a big undertaking, so bare with me, I will be launching v2 soon with some great mods and features! Thank you guys for the input and please let me know any other ideas you have!
Blake Stanley
Blake Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 am

I don't really understand the criticism, to be honest. It's a community. If you need news or pics you can hit vinylpulse or TRE.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down