COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

+12
bigdavidcannon
rattM1CE
whacko
EOS
dreamattack27
manny
ontheDL
fender
kevbayer
gasTHUMB
wpaarts
LonerStoner
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Empty Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  LonerStoner Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Anyone thinking about jumping on the South Park minis when they are dropped in the fall?
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Empty Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  wpaarts Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:27 am

Any teaser pics yet?

However, probably not...
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Empty Re: Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama

Post  gasTHUMB Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 am

I may dabble with a few

dabble dabble dabble

tongue
gasTHUMB
gasTHUMB
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 am

i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 am

I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

fender wrote:I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.
agreed, one of my collecting rules was to eliminate figures from tv animation such as the simpsons, supersized etc.
but i am a huge fan of the simpsons, futurama and SP
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 am

kevbayer wrote:i am so anti KR right now...especially after that huck bs

Please enlighten me.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 am

fender wrote:I dont really like the simpson/family guy/south park mini's plus the quality looks incredibly cheap on the pieces I've seen. Would have thought the whole using t.v shows as merchandise/urban designer vinyl would have played out by now. Makes me wonder why KR doesn't think of using the amazing out of customing talent on their boards and bring some of their designs into production instead of reusing the same crap.

Absolutely true! I've always that way about those. They remind me of cereal giveaways.
manny
manny
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

ontheDL wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Yes, me too. what happened? I so rarely go over there now.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Really i very rarely go over to the KR boards to much anymore, But they really f'd up the sale of the last dunny...buy not putting a limit on how many you could buy, putting up for sale early, letting people put in there carts before it went on sale...ect. Also there strategy of taking one of the best new designs that they had and making it ultra limited buy only selling it first at comic con then the other version..limiting it to 650 available pieces. ( but 50 where only available at wondercon)

Plus there quality control sucks they cant put out a figure without some sort of problem even at $80 a pop...Believe me I know I may sound like a winer because i didnt get one or what ever...and that is cool, but i am over it. I would rather support organizations like jamungo or Circus posterus or buy amrep, melvins & electric wizard records
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 am

ontheDL wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Yeah! What is this all Huck Gee talk about? I mean, I kinda know where this is going, but what else has he done as of late to make some of you upset? Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Emoticon-anime-033
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

https://www.facebook.com/ani.eos

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm

EOS wrote:Yeah! What is this all Huck Gee talk about? I mean, I kinda know where this is going, but what else has he done as of late to make some of you upset? Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Emoticon-anime-033
People just like to grunt... Suspect
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:04 pm

i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

People who a relatively new to the toy world may not realize it and will see me a an attention grabbeing hater....and thats cool because i dont care. People who have been around for a longer time will know i am right.
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Gotcha! Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Smjaponais235
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

https://www.facebook.com/ani.eos

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 pm

kevbayer wrote:i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

People who a relatively new to the toy world may not realize it and will see me a an attention grabbeing hater....and thats cool because i dont care. People who have been around for a longer time will know i am right.

I have never really been interested in anything KR puts out. Well there was one thing but it was much more than I wanted to pay. Most of what KR does recently is oversaturate the urban and collectible vinyl scene with licensed toys of dubious quality. I know that without KR there would likely be no Jamungo and any number of other smaller toy makers, but at some point endlessly pumping out sets of very similar and unexciting toys will drive away casual collectors and devalue the truly awesome toys like Squadts and BUDs. Just my 2¢
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 am

whacko wrote:
kevbayer wrote:i didnt say anything bad about huck, it is not about that, it is that KR as a company makes the same stupid mistakes over and over, they put out sub par products with poor QC. To be honest for every one thing good they have done for the toy industry, they have done 2 or more bad things.

I have never really been interested in anything KR puts out. Well there was one thing but it was much more than I wanted to pay. Most of what KR does recently is oversaturate the urban and collectible vinyl scene with licensed toys of dubious quality. I know that without KR there would likely be no Jamungo and any number of other smaller toy makers, but at some point endlessly pumping out sets of very similar and unexciting toys will drive away casual collectors and devalue the truly awesome toys like Squadts and BUDs. Just my 2¢

Loved that skull too, not for 200$ love but still was pretty dope. Although I heard the jaw didn't close right and had some issues with not matching up.

Btw can someone explain the huck dunny? Over at KR everyone keeps talking about it but not really in detail for anyone on the outside to understand. Was that 650 editon (50@wondercon) the huck dunny?
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:20 am

Kidrobot plays a role in the toy business. Kidrobot is the toy equivalent of pop music. It is designed to appeal to the masses and to make money. It's not offensive, but it's rarely of much substance. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but typically that is their role. Jamungo and Playge and some of the other companies out there are like independent record labels. The output is of higher quality, is produced to be interesting and push boundaries, has zealots for fans, and might change the world if enough people were exposed to it.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:41 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Kidrobot plays a role in the toy business. Kidrobot is the toy equivalent of pop music. It is designed to appeal to the masses and to make money. It's not offensive, but it's rarely of much substance. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but typically that is their role. Jamungo and Playge and some of the other companies out there are like independent record labels. The output is of higher quality, is produced to be interesting and push boundaries, has zealots for fans, and might change the world if enough people were exposed to it.
Well spoken What a Face
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:09 am

agreed, dreamattack27, it sounds like you are some type of fundamental analyst
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 am

I have only been in the toy game since 2006, but KR has put out some great stuff over the course of its existence. Even now they put out great stuff once in a while. I think the Nathan Jurevicius Dunny is outstanding. The design and QC are both top-notch. They've made mistakes, and it's easy to diss KR (even for me), but the truth is that they blazed the trail for a lot of great artists, and their role in the toy scene in the U.S. cannot be understated.

Our tastes have advanced and we are more discerning and targeted in our collections. But I and most other people on this board were introduced to the toy world because of Kidrobot. Like it or not, they ought to be given credit where credit is due. I despise Justin Bieber, but I can still admit that he has a decent singing voice and his songs are catchy. Credit where credit is due, and live and let live.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 am

dreamattack27 wrote:I think the Nathan Jurevicius Dunny is outstanding. The design and QC are both top-notch. They've made mistakes, and it's easy to diss KR (even for me), but the truth is that they blazed the trail for a lot of great artists, and their role in the toy scene in the U.S. cannot be understated....

what do you think of the Mark27 – Shadow Serpent 8” Dunny?
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:06 pm

editing my sarcasm away
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  rattM1CE Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 am

I was eyeing that shadow serpent as well, I like his stuff but think I'm going to pass. I'm kind of new to the scene but already kind of regret some of my kr purchases, kinda wish I spent that loot hunting down older squadts.
rattM1CE
rattM1CE
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 am

rattM1CE wrote:I was eyeing that shadow serpent as well, I like his stuff but think I'm going to pass. I'm kind of new to the scene but already kind of regret some of my kr purchases, kinda wish I spent that loot hunting down older squadts.
i hear ya, in this hobby you gotta pick and choose or you'll be dead broke

the custom by Marka27 looks awesome
Kidrobot South Park - Simpsons - Futurama Marka27-custom-minigod-20dunny-1
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm

LonerStoner wrote:i hear ya, in this hobby you gotta pick and choose or you'll be dead broke
And even if you pick and choose you'll be dead broke Wink
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next