COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get into Jamungo toys?

+10
Pipeline
Jimmy Foo
gopeder111
dreamattack27
philnjill
BigC
doug
Fuzen
ontheDL
Assburrito!
14 posters

Go down

How did you get into Jamungo toys? Empty How did you get into Jamungo toys?

Post  Assburrito! Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 am

I got into them kinda by chance. My buddy that runs the only local store in town suggested I check'em out(Hey Ferg, Dustin was workin' it that day!). So I bought a few S2 blind boxes. I got the MCA & the shaving accident. I have been hooked ever since!!!! Cool
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

How did you get into Jamungo toys? Empty Re: How did you get into Jamungo toys?

Post  ontheDL Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:44 am

URFKT. Love at first sight.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzen Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:52 am

Damn Joe. That's a good question.
I can't remember! @____@

Actually, I think it was seeing S2. I loved the Luchador bud so I started buying blinds. I remember distinctly pulling the Kozik nade and having a lot of fun pulling the pin on it. I was like, this is so cool. Seeing the BOTM lineup sealed my fate. As the URFUKT was a sculpt I had to have. I also love the skllbuds!

My Jamungo collection consists of the minis only as I haven't seen one of the big ones that is a must have for me. I have seriously gotten picky with my collection. But that might change with the SDCC Threezero as it is a clear vinyl which reminds me of some kaiju/Japanese vinyl which I am gravitating towards.

When the budscription was announced and it was all minis it was like hitting the lottery for me. Even my boyfriend, Nate said this was perfect for expanding my collection. No more sneaking internet purchases at work which was always a hassle because my boss has a tendency to sneak up behind me.

Icing on the cake is how Jamungo treats their fans. It's a great relationship and benefits everyone in the long run. That's why despite being seduced by the dark side, (kaiju and Japanese vinyl), my Jamungo collection is staying put.
Fuzen
Fuzen
Trench Warmer

http://flickr.com/photos/fuzen/

Back to top Go down

Post  doug Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:49 am

more a story of how i got into toys, period...saw labbits...tempted, but resisted. dunnys...to a lesser degree, same thing. then...series 1 BUDs, i was IN. swore that would be it...then, just Jamungo...then, Labbits and Jamungo....then, Kozik subscription and BUDscription...ya know that proverbial story about the finger in the dam? jocolor
doug
doug
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:42 am

Bit of a long story about toys in general...I'll try to make it short. I use to collect Jordans. I had the hook up with samples and got other early releases. There was someone with the same name as me that use to own a collectibles store. I brought him some J's one day and started lookin at the toys. I got a few horror action figures and from there I was hooked. Spawn, anime, sports, horror, comic toys...everything under the sun. (still have most of them) I started to get into the statue thing, but it was too expensive for me. So last year I missed SDCC for the first time in years. I already had a few toyers at that point. I saw the Ultraviolence nade and got hooked. Had to have it. That opened the door and in way less then a year I think I have become one of the biggest Jamungo collectors around.(but don't worry I can always lose weight)

Anyways, then there was the Kozik Clockwork Dunny and I started getting into them. I still like a bunch of the Dunny's but I have to admit...I thought they were very stupid at first. In fact I bought a Voodoo dunny for a friend at SDCC what ever year that came out, and I couldn't stop making fun of him for it. Look who's laughing now.

I'm kinda getting out of the Dunny hype. There are some I will always keep, but I would like to off a lot of them. Wish I could get rid of a lot of my action figures too, but it's just too overwhelming for me right now.

I can't wait to figure out an affordable way to display my Jamungo collection (and various other stuff) in a nice way.

At least now with the whole divorce thing I have more room to display things. and my kids love the vinyl, so I get no fight from them.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:26 pm

I used to collect the Spawn toys!! I don't any of them now. I lost a lot of stuff years ago when I moved out of my parents house. My parents moved at the same time, and the people who moved in basically stole a bunch of my stuff. It got left in the garage. When I went back to get the stuff, they said they threw it away. I'm pretty sure they were full of shit! They got my whole Daredevil, Punisher, and Wolverine collections(comics & toys), plus my school year books and few other nicknacks. Anytime I drive by that house I have an itch to fire bomb it.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  philnjill Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:55 pm

I stumbled onto them on the Kidrobot forum a few months before Series one was released. Been an avid collector ever since Smile Only missing a couple BUD/NADE's to have a complete collection.
philnjill
philnjill
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Bit of a long story for me as well. There used to be a designer toy store/gallery in Chicago called Mystery City. I had gotten into toys a couple of months earlier, after visiting the KR store in San Fran. I went on the lookout for stores that carried toys in Chicago. Of course I found and went to Rotofugi immediately, then found Mystery City shortly after. The owner Josh and I became friends, and I spent way too much money there over the next several months.

Josh had put on, or helped to put on, a gallery show here in Chicago called "Monkey Steals The Peach" which included Frank Kozik and Ferg, and if I am not mistaken it also featured Jay Ryan and one other artist. Anyway, Josh showed me some of the Series 1 and I was hooked. He told me how great the guys were and how they were just starting out, and I bought a few blinds. I was immediately addicted. It was really the sense of humor behind the figures, like the postal worker (bomb waiting to explode..lol) and the F-bomb. I mean really, they are brilliant.

Then there was a release of the Blue Blackout Bud at the F/X show, and I wanted it. Josh asked Ferg and he totally hooked me up with one. I thought that was really cool, and as I continued collecting Jamungo, I found that they were a company that really truly cared about their fans and collectors. After meeting the guys at my first SDCC in 07, it was solidified. Cool peeps, cool product, I must have everything. So began my obsession..
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  gopeder111 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 am

I was on vinylpulse looking at the latest releases and I saw that the candypaint 31 was being released soon. I immediatly seached jamungo to see what their other stuff looked like and I instantly got hooked Cool
gopeder111
gopeder111
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Foo Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 am

Hmmms.....I read a review of Jamungo and the upcoming Nades somewhere and began to search for one....I had to wait a lil while as they hadn't been released yet.....soon as I found em in stores a put my order in...I wasn't bothered about getting an orange version as I thought they're cool no matter what colour they are....as it goes I ended up with an orange anyways ......Then I found Buds and......hooked bom
Jimmy Foo
Jimmy Foo
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:06 am

I'd be glad to take that orange off your hands if you don't want it anymore Smile
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Pipeline Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 pm

I decided to get some toys for my barren studio. I had never bought anything until i saw Blamoflage on display at Rotofugi. I bought a blind box and got the blamoflage. Came back the next weekend and ended up with the Orange Nade. Providence smiles, wallet empties. Razz

I was toy nuts for a while, but now the only thing i go for are the BUDS.

Budscription wut
Pipeline
Pipeline
Pyle

http://www.myspace.com/dnbdjpipeline

Back to top Go down

Post  nefasth Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:21 am

Simple : Kozik UltraViolance nade. A pure beauty !
nefasth
nefasth

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdavidcannon Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 am

I was looking on E bay for an action figure and this store was selling an Gray nade and I accualy turnd down the idea that I'de pay $50.00 for an Orange Nade that was for sell at thet site. Know I'd pay alot more for one. But after that I just had to get the S1 and now the rest. I got the Jamungo Addiction..... also I like the fact that Ferg and Beater Take the time to talk personaly to us Fan's...
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:33 am

nefasth wrote:Simple : Kozik UltraViolance nade. A pure beauty !

Pretty much.....welcome to the board
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  nefasth Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 am

BigC wrote:
nefasth wrote:Simple : Kozik UltraViolance nade. A pure beauty !

Pretty much.....welcome to the board

Yeah, well that nade was not my First Jamungo toy. I collect Kozik's so I already had the sqert & the s2 trooper.
I just had'nt see the potential in the BUD that way before.
nefasth
nefasth

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:11 am

I had to ween myself off of Transformers or my girlfriend would have kicked my ass.
I filled 6 - 60 gallon crates with open deluxe & voyager + another 4 - 60 gallon crates with MIB voyager, leader-class & random collectables. Oh and I have about 40 on top of my television. All bought in the last year or so. BUDs are generally smaller Wink

But seriously the Kozik Nade Trooper caught my eye and I was hooked. It was and still is the BEST BUD Design to date in my un-humble opinion.
Every BUD I buy I wish I was buying another Nade Trooper...
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:54 pm

I was at the vinyl toy and art gallery and I was looking for some stuff to decorate this shelf I made in my bathroom. I already my toys from old that I've collected in the past (Mecha Godzilla, original JAWS shark toy, Kang and Kodos from the simpsons) and wanted a couple of little things to ad to the shelf. So I bought my first Blow up doll (this about 2 months) and got back scratch....and have been hooked ever since.

What was funny is that my little brother at the same time was buying them and getting hooked. He came over to my house and saw mine and was like "I love those things". So we have been collecting together. We even went in together and bought a case.
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down