COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Monkey Skull?

+7
Assburrito!
EL PADRINO
BigC
dreamattack27
whacko
Admin
Rev. Mike
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Monkey Skull? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Monkey Skull?

Post  whacko Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Assburrito! wrote:The price seems a little high for it. I know it's a super limited colorway, but it's too ugly for that price.

Especially considering how poorly the resale value of the GID Lindsey Kuhn figure has held up.
I think the Monkey Skull design is cool (not in red & blue though Wink) but the retail was like $60. I picked mine up for $16 delivered and I regularly see them around at about $20.

This one might perform better from a value perspective, since it is super rare. But also practically no one knows they exist, and the color scheme is ugly. You should only pick one up if you really, really like the design, because I have a feeling you would be hard pressed to get your $150 back if you chose to sell it.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:16 pm

whacko wrote:
Assburrito! wrote:The price seems a little high for it. I know it's a super limited colorway, but it's too ugly for that price.

Especially considering how poorly the resale value of the GID Lindsey Kuhn figure has held up.
I think the Monkey Skull design is cool (not in red & blue though Wink) but the retail was like $60. I picked mine up for $16 delivered and I regularly see them around at about $20.

This one might perform better from a value perspective, since it is super rare. But also practically no one knows they exist, and the color scheme is ugly. You should only pick one up if you really, really like the design, because I have a feeling you would be hard pressed to get your $150 back if you chose to sell it.

I am a bud/nade completist. I bought one cuz I want it. I'm not thinking about the whole reselling thing, because I wouldn't want to resell it. If it ever came to the point where I sold anything Jamungo (other then doubles), I will have to be very desperate, and I know it would make me very upset.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:49 pm

whacko wrote:

+1
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:13 am

Time will tell. Personally, I believe that now is not the best time to try to judge the future value of anything, much less toys. The current economic turmoil has killed prices across the board, especially on things not considered a necessity. If you ask me, now is the time to pick up all those things you are missing in your collection, because prices are dropping due to people selling for extra cash or getting out of the game or whatever. When the economy stabilizes perhaps prices will rise once again, but who knows?

In the market, some stocks rebound in the long-term, others tank for good. I am a completist with Jamungo, and so regardless of the colorway I would have to pick it up if I could afford it, which I can and did. I don't buy toys for their resale value, and I think anyone who does ought to look at where Beanie Babies and Pogs and Cabbage Patch Kids are today. I buy them because I enjoy collecting and because I like them. So buy the toys you like, as you may be keeping them for a while. Wink
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:46 am

dreamattack27 wrote:Time will tell. Personally, I believe that now is not the best time to try to judge the future value of anything, much less toys. The current economic turmoil has killed prices across the board, especially on things not considered a necessity. If you ask me, now is the time to pick up all those things you are missing in your collection, because prices are dropping due to people selling for extra cash or getting out of the game or whatever. When the economy stabilizes perhaps prices will rise once again, but who knows?

In the market, some stocks rebound in the long-term, others tank for good. I am a completist with Jamungo, and so regardless of the colorway I would have to pick it up if I could afford it, which I can and did. I don't buy toys for their resale value, and I think anyone who does ought to look at where Beanie Babies and Pogs and Cabbage Patch Kids are today. I buy them because I enjoy collecting and because I like them. So buy the toys you like, as you may be keeping them for a while. Wink

I am with you.

I buy Jamungo (and Transformers and whatever else) because I enjoy it. I like the toys a lot. But in the end I always end up with too many toys so I am forced to sell off the ones I bought simply because I was in the mood to buy a toy, and eventually I keep only the ones I really love. At the moment I am doing this with a lot of my Transformers. I bought enough to fill 7 60 gallon storage containers (loose toys, about 300) and now I need to get rid of the ones I don't really like, want or need. so far I have been lucky getting what I paid for them, or almost what I paid for them when I sell them.

Also, I hate buying something at a premium price, and then seeing the same toy 2 months later for half that price or less. I know its a risk with anything you buy, and that everything goes on sale or something eventually. But can I say "Pink Anarchy A, anyone?"
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:37 am

im looking for a g1 optimus prime...
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:41 am

whacko wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:Time will tell. Personally, I believe that now is not the best time to try to judge the future value of anything, much less toys. The current economic turmoil has killed prices across the board, especially on things not considered a necessity. If you ask me, now is the time to pick up all those things you are missing in your collection, because prices are dropping due to people selling for extra cash or getting out of the game or whatever. When the economy stabilizes perhaps prices will rise once again, but who knows?

I am with you.

I buy Jamungo (and Transformers and whatever else) because I enjoy it. I like the toys a lot. But in the end I always end up with too many toys so I am forced to sell off the ones I bought simply because I was in the mood to buy a toy, and eventually I keep only the ones I really love. At the moment I am doing this with a lot of my Transformers. I bought enough to fill 7 60 gallon storage containers (loose toys, about 300) and now I need to get rid of the ones I don't really like, want or need. so far I have been lucky getting what I paid for them, or almost what I paid for them when I sell them.

Also, I hate buying something at a premium price, and then seeing the same toy 2 months later for half that price or less. I know its a risk with anything you buy, and that everything goes on sale or something eventually. But can I say "Pink Anarchy A, anyone?"

A lot more pink anarchy's then this munky skull. I understand what you mean, but I have a feeling that if you sleep on this one, it might be a long time before you get a second chance. I wish they would let me buy two of them.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 pm

It's true that the value of many toys goes down over time, but I think in the case of the Anarchy tm figure Frank just priced it MUCH too high too begin with. $100 was crazy for that piece, especially considering that is more than double the MSRP for the other colorways. I still bought it too support Jamungo, but Frank's prices in general were just too high this past year. He was selling the little 5" labbits for $100, when the 10" ones which are more collectable were $100 in past SDCC's. I knew at the time I bought them that the value wouldn't hold up, but I'm still happy to have them in my collection.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  benswift Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:34 am

Rev. Mike wrote:New Monkey Skull? - Page 2 Monk

WOW! I don't have $150 bucks to spend- but if I did I think I would pick this thing up!

I like the colorway more than the original! geek
benswift
benswift
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.benswift.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Found this too late me thinks....but I have emailed to see if available still?
What address or site did those peps use who snagged one.
Thanks
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  doug Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:02 pm

heard back, Lindsey sold the 5 he had for sale pale

if anyone bought one and decides they don't want it, please let me know!
doug
doug
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Just wondering...Lindsay had 5 and the site had 5, right? So there are 10 total, or are there more?
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah! I would be interested if anyone has one for sale, maybe my post in the for sale items might tempt you, let me know,if any interest out there
Thanks
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Buellster wrote:Yeah! I would be interested if anyone has one for sale, maybe my post in the for sale items might tempt you, let me know,if any interest out there
Thanks

I tried to get 2 in case there was someone like you that missed it, but they wouldn't let me.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks C, just got an e-mail from Lindsey to say his 5 are gone, suppose I'll wait and see if the others turn up on the bay.
Thanks anyway for thinking of me
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2