COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT]

+102
turbopistola
quentdiggy
smokebelch
baldo
dddaaa
CankleBreaker
lone1208
cedricel
lalala
grand poobah
ejholmes30
highjack
redwood510
jgreds107
Mikeyk
vasabo
squadter
vkayl1010
colbert
dan-knee rock
Shinyvera
ictoys
DubDzo
bathingape0721
PoorieZA
SaulSNES
M00Nman
Blood101
nerps
ADintheworks
Crunch
gasTHUMB
whacko
KEAN
apeboy
nvs03lex
wpaarts
JasperF
chase1319
Ianb1420
kitkat54
Myxzoid
nnumber6
Photo David
weew
gua_ping
Gimby
Mendez
henry17s
Ballou34
cq.3vilkid
mefisto
doewie
cripery
scumonkey
chelito19soccer
666ways2love
Skullyton85
skaboi
Vince
vinylgoddess
byproduct
longbow
cheapass
RockNRoll
benswift
Applejuice
edstuff
Neo_182
bigdavidcannon
gaizka.e.e.
LonerStoner
ussross547
ontheDL
mazdevilz
CMB
eldoobya
Stush
Silver
jorester
nath88
vicjeb
NDB747
Gatiio
Speedstick
MagnumManipulator
JEEMAC
chiprender
DROBOT
ilovefreestufftoo
mazkeng
slinky42
konfucious
yanyaniscool
el_payaso_loco
comatoseghost
Colossus of Destiny
itsa_mia
unlucky_charm13
niskio
devito1195
Admin
106 posters

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT] - Page 15 Empty Re: CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT]

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 pm

chiprender wrote:Congrats to those who scored. Thank you Ferg for taking care of your real fans!!!

Let's not turn this thread into a mondo-bitch session on flippers... we all know they suck, but let's not let them get an additional win by us giving them too much "air" time in our community here...reserve that for the 3A boards Twisted Evil hehehe.

Perhaps we'll need to petition Grand Master Ferg to start releasing larger runs as the fan-base grows (250 anyone?). Anyhow, I cannot get over how amazing the folks in this community are. If you're new...you'll see evidence of it everywhere. C&D rocks.

Chipp Very Happy

OR it could be lottery drawn. Ferg could start a thread and allow CAD members who are interested in it post/sign up with one entry only. He does a lottery and those who get "chosen" will receive a PM from him and have 24 hours to respond and pay....
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT] - Page 15 Empty Re: CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT]

Post  Colossus of Destiny Tue May 29, 2012 5:54 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote: lottery

FUCK. NO.
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  M00Nman Tue May 29, 2012 6:01 pm

+1 Evil or Very Mad

I think FERG is doing a fine job canceling flipper orders and making them available for us. The easiest way to avoid it is just limit one or two per household.
M00Nman
M00Nman
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Colossus of Destiny wrote:

FUCK. NO.

VERY well stated CoD!!!

It would be cool to have a Squadt subscription though. Pay for the subscription at the beginning of each year. The subscription is a guarantee to be able to buy one of every drop that is not retail. Maybe give subscribers a day or two to place and pay for their orders.

I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!!

As far as limits go, I don't see any problem with buying two or three. Ferg catches most of the ass holes out there just trying to flip them. I was able to get one for a boardie that had to work and couldn't order for himself. Had I known about a couple others that were going to miss the drop, would have been happy to help them out too.

Last edited by gregm on Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  vicjeb Tue May 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Speedstick wrote:

what the hell!!!! mad2 mad2
why buy something when you end up selling it at the high price!
money easy to get (of course you have to do something and earn some money unless you're freaking useless) but stuff like squadt? it's PRICELESS!!!!

the price has already up to 300USD!!! mad2 holy shit!!!! Evil or Very Mad
vicjeb
vicjeb
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stush Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

scumonkey wrote:
DROBOT wrote:
Admin wrote:If you missed out send me a PM. I am cancelling known flipper/multiple orders, and I will have a few available.

Your a gentleman and a scholar.
and just plain bad ass awesome!!! clap

DAMN STRAIGHT! He's the man! I can't say enough...just plain AWESOME! BIG thanks to Ferg!
Stush
Stush
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinyvera Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 pm

gregm wrote:
Colossus of Destiny wrote:

FUCK. NO.

VERY well stated CoD!!!

It would be cool to have a Squadt subscription though. Pay for the subscription at the beginning of each year. The subscription is a guarantee to be able to buy one of every drop that is not retail. Maybe give subscribers a day or two to place and pay for their orders.

I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!!

As far as limits go, I don't see any problem with buying two or three. Ferg catches most of the ass holes out there just trying to flip them. I was able to get one for a boardie that had to work and couldn't order for himself. Had I known about a couple others that were going to miss the drop, would have been happy to help them out too.

Like the idea of a sub so true fans can score all from source and not fund others, but not fair to those who can only afford or want a couple a year? Lottery? You know which lucky bastards would win! Make more, but how many?
Really worried about Drifter & Gohst! Payed for Got Away Clean to be emailed sorry oversell gutted! Then all mules seemed to be taken for 88 and NO way we gonna pay a flipper stupid money.
Really don't mind missing out to someone who will love the piece as much as us but mad2 when its just the easy money they are after!
Shinyvera
Shinyvera
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 6:51 pm

@gregm: I've wondered about the subscription thing myself... I'd be willing to pay for a "guaranteed window of order time" assuring I don't miss out. As more and more folks collect, the margin of time will get smaller and smaller... hell, we're already at less than 2 minutes!!!
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Shinyvera wrote:Like the idea of a sub so true fans can score all from source and not fund others, but not fair to those who can only afford or want a couple a year? Lottery? You know which lucky bastards would win! Make more, but how many?
Really worried about Drifter & Gohst! Payed for Got Away Clean to be emailed sorry oversell gutted! Then all mules seemed to be taken for 88 and NO way we gonna pay a flipper stupid money.
Really don't mind missing out to someone who will love the piece as much as us but mad2 when its just the easy money they are after!

I don't buy every Squadt that drops. Wouldn't stop me from buying a subscription though!

Exclusives are a different story, will not go there. CAD members have been very fortunate in this regard!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

gregm wrote:

I don't buy every Squadt that drops. Wouldn't stop me from buying a subscription though!

Exclusives are a different story, will not go there. CAD members have been very fortunate in this regard!!

Agreed. Exclusives sorta ruin the party.
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm

chiprender wrote:@gregm: I've wondered about the subscription thing myself... I'd be willing to pay for a "guaranteed window of order time" assuring I don't miss out. As more and more folks collect, the margin of time will get smaller and smaller... hell, we're already at less than 2 minutes!!!

The incredibly short time frames is exactly what makes me think a subscription would be perfect (of course I have no clue how this would work out logistically for Ferg). Doesn't let you buy as many as you want. Just insures that real fans get the chance to buy when they want to. Personally, I would rather have the extra dough go to Ferg than the damn flippers!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm

gregm wrote:
chiprender wrote:@gregm: I've wondered about the subscription thing myself... I'd be willing to pay for a "guaranteed window of order time" assuring I don't miss out. As more and more folks collect, the margin of time will get smaller and smaller... hell, we're already at less than 2 minutes!!!

The incredibly short time frames is exactly what makes me think a subscription would be perfect (of course I have no clue how this would work out logistically for Ferg). Doesn't let you buy as many as you want. Just insures that real fans get the chance to buy when they want to. Personally, I would rather have the extra dough go to Ferg than the damn flippers!!!

Yep, I'd definitely pay for assuring I get ONE for my collection. CHIPP s004 and BOOMER [FORT BURNOUT-DSRT] - Page 15 222352
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Tue May 29, 2012 7:27 pm

you do realize we are talking about toys here and the fact that these conversations take place allow the market to assume that there is a greater demand than there actually is?

the model seems fine by me. sell them, as many as he wants, get them out and cancel the dubious orders and then recycle. some people will whine and some will have to go to the aftermarket its just how it is, there really arent many die hard squadt collectors as you think.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Gatiio wrote:you do realize we are talking about toys here and the fact that these conversations take place allow the market to assume that there is a greater demand than there actually is?

the model seems fine by me. sell them, as many as he wants, get them out and cancel the dubious orders and then recycle. some people will whine and some will have to go to the aftermarket its just how it is, there really arent many die hard squadt collectors as you think.

HMMM...I'd say an average sellout time of 2 minutes or less disagrees with your statement.
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Tue May 29, 2012 7:30 pm

I think adding a sub will only bring other problems into the fold, it may seem like good idea now because it slows down the flippers. But you have to think about the other die hard fans that are not part of this forum... for example my 16 year old nephew, he's in high school and doesn't even have a credit card or paypal. He saves his money and gives it to me so I can buy him one whenever there is a squadt he wants. There are people out there who don't have the time to be part of this community but are just as much of a fan as we are.
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Maz...I think all Greg and I are proposing is a way to guarantee subscribers have a certain amount of time to place their order on each drop....otherwise for non-subscribers (aka your nephew), it's the same as it always is... click FAST.
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm

chiprender wrote:Maz...I think all Greg and I are proposing is a way to guarantee subscribers have a certain amount of time to place their order on each drop....otherwise for non-subscribers (aka your nephew), it's the same as it always is... click FAST.

I see what you are saying... but let me ask you this? what's to stop a flipper from buying a subscription?
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Tue May 29, 2012 7:37 pm

chiprender wrote:
Gatiio wrote:you do realize we are talking about toys here and the fact that these conversations take place allow the market to assume that there is a greater demand than there actually is?

HMMM...I'd say an average sellout time of 2 minutes or less disagrees with your statement.

as did the germ, fr0g and midnight jack and some of the other releases. we are still having people complain. model seems fine to me.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Tue May 29, 2012 8:11 pm

thanks all
can I give a random shout out to the server for holding its ground under such a heavy load What a Face
at least it tells me I missed right away instead of wasting 45 minutes of grinding noises and what not

happy belated blood101 Very Happy

Last edited by itsa_mia on Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

mazdevilz wrote:
chiprender wrote:Maz...I think all Greg and I are proposing is a way to guarantee subscribers have a certain amount of time to place their order on each drop....otherwise for non-subscribers (aka your nephew), it's the same as it always is... click FAST.

I see what you are saying... but let me ask you this? what's to stop a flipper from buying a subscription?

LOL....flippers will be flippers... I made this suggestion to make it easier for collectors to ensure they get one... not as flipper-repellant. If I knew I had 2 hours to purchase guaranteed, I'd be willing to pay for that...that's all I'm saying... not trying to solve the flipper issue. I'd think all the legit collectors wouldn't mind the peace-of-mind of being able to get an item even if flippers are buying...I'm saying I would be willing to pay for that assurance. That's all. It's my opinion. End of line. Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 pm

mazdevilz wrote:

Absolutely nothing. 3AA is a perfect example of that.

Only thing the sub does is limit to one only and guarantee you get one. I don't see a sub as a way to prevent flipping at all. Just a way for serious fans to put a little dough into the company to insure getting each drop they want. The only way to stop flipping is to quit selling the products, period!

As I posted earlier, no clue how this could be logistically handled on Ferg's end. Just talking out loud about an idea. I believe if this were something that Ferg was at all interested in, he could come up with a way to weed out people he didn't want to have the subscription.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I have explored the possibility of this before.
There won't be a Squadt sub. There are several reasons, but the main reason is that It would cost too much.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Admin wrote:I have explored the possibility of this before.
There won't be a Squadt sub. There are several reasons, but the main reason is that It would cost too much.

sqube

plus, theres a squadt a month almost. plenty for everyone. ;D
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Admin wrote:I have explored the possibility of this before.

Cool. Greg and I were just speculating out loud. No emo here. Smile
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedstick Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm

I think ferg has to increase the quantity from 200pcs to let say 250pcs or 300pcs plus the maximum order has to be 1pc per person. If we wanted to order more than 1, we have to PM ferg before sales drop explain the reason why and also give us our name, email or whatever. I takes time and would make ferg busy but i guess this will do. We cannot stop the flipper as we human is potential to become one.
Speedstick
Speedstick
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next