COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do for a living?

+43
kuhwinters
joshaw
supershallow
Crow
OinkOink
quentdiggy
dedicatedart
sideburns
JasperF
itsa_mia
lone1208
ROACHSHACK138
wpaarts
rattM1CE
highjack
Wetterschneider
henry17s
eldoobya
pazzi
NDB747
cripery
manny
benswift
whacko
BoysWillBeToys
LonerStoner
ontheDL
bigdavidcannon
Speedstick
vicjeb
Vince
Blood101
edstuff
Ballou34
ilovefreestufftoo
Skullyton85
Gatiio
slinky42
devito1195
mazdevilz
chase1319
Crunch
chiprender
47 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What do you do for a living? Empty What do you do for a living?

Post  chiprender Thu May 31, 2012 5:33 pm

I thought it would be interesting to find out a little more about the great folks in our community...tell us what you do (jobs, hobbies, etc).

I own a graphic design/marketing studio in Omaha, NE...been designing professionally for about 22 years now....started my own gig over 5 years ago.... working for myself rocks! Samples of my work can be seen here: http://www.chipthompson.com

I just found Squadts around Oct of last year...and have been obssessed ever since. Twisted Evil

Chipp
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do for a living? Empty Re: What do you do for a living?

Post  Crunch Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 pm

I Cash Checks!!

Ok I'm not really doing quite that well.

I am a supervisor for a company called I.C.E. We sell a Cruise and Resort Vacation package to RCI members. I am in charge of a team of about 22 agents all of wich are older than me. I started as a phone agent Aug. 2010, was named 2011 Employee of the year and got promoted shortly after that. I love my job and the people I work with, they are like family to me. I feel that I am doing pretty well for a 27 year old college drop out. Hard work will get you anything you want.

I love talking about myself, thanks Chip!

Last edited by Crunch on Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Wow, Chipp, you really do great design work, I am about to graduate with a degree in graphic design next month. The work you do is amazing and I wish I knew about your work when I was supposed to research graphic designers.

I personally am a tattoo artist in San Diego. I have been tattoing professionally for four years now, and only continuing to grow. I am hoping on opening my own shop in the next year or so. All of my work can be seen on my Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/1319ink

Actually a client of mine got me started on Squadts, he showed me TB #23 Big Sleep to be exact, but my first Squadt was NKF Nozzel GID and I have been hooked ever since.
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crunch Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Your work looks great Chase... I am thinking about getting one of the Trouble Boys done for my next Tattoo, would be pretty cool to have it done by someone from the boards.
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 pm

@ Chipp, that's a very cool portfolio...kudos man.

@ Crunch, you get to tell people "go back to work" that's awesome.

@ chase1319, dude your tattoo work is great man... really cool stuff.

Ok I for one hate talking about myself, so I will do the short version.

I work in Animation for a major studio Blah blah blah, I do not draw I work with sound yada yada yada. I've been doing it since I got out of high school and it is fun. that's it!

mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks very kindly guys!

@chase... WOW...amazing work!

@crunch... KEEP THOSE F'ers in line! Very Happy

@Maz... Master of the Blah Blah Blah, eh? Twisted Evil
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Crunch wrote:Your work looks great Chase... I am thinking about getting one of the Trouble Boys done for my next Tattoo, would be pretty cool to have it done by someone from the boards.

Ya crunch I have been dying to do a Squadt related tattoo. We can work something out for you come for SDCC for sure.

Thanks Chipp and Maz much appreciated... What a Face What a Face What a Face

chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 am

I am a graphic designer at a toy company in NJ - (package designer)
When my friends found out about my job I described it to them as "I am the guy that determines how many wire ties go around the toy. I am the parents worst nightmare!"

We do licensed electronic toys for Mattel, Hasbro, Marvel & Disney.
I have worked on toys for the Spider-Man & Iron Man franchises, Transformers, some shows for Cartoon Network, Barbie, My Little Pony, Disney's Phineas and Ferb, Disney Princess, Monsters Inc., TMNT - just to name a few. Going to NY Toy Fair is always an experience.
It has been a great place to work at for the past 8 years. Nerf wars break out pretty much everyday between the designers. All in all its a really fun job.
devito1195
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 am

devito1195 wrote:I am a graphic designer at a toy company in NJ - (package designer)
When my friends found out about my job I described it to them as "I am the guy that determines how many wire ties go around the toy. I am the parents worst nightmare!"

I have worked on toys for the Spider-Man & Iron Man franchises, Transformers, some shows for Cartoon Network, Barbie, My Little Pony, Disney's Phineas and Ferb, Disney Princess, Monsters Inc., TMNT - just to name a few. Going to NY Toy Fair is always an experience.
It has been a great place to work at for the past 8 years. Nerf wars break out pretty much everyday between the designers. All in all its a really fun job.

AWESOME. Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 am

devito1195 wrote:I am a graphic designer at a toy company in NJ - (package designer)

At first I was like this dude job is dope...after reading a little bit You sir suck...haha I hate those damn twistys my kid is yelling at me to hurry up and I stay struggling with those ties...In the future can you please do me and all parents a favor and devise another way to secure the toy...thanks!!!

Really cool job though man...cool to see all the goodies before they hit the shelves!!!
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:57 am

chase1319 wrote:Wow, Chipp, you really do great design work, I am about to graduate with a degree in graphic design next month. The work you do is amazing and I wish I knew about your work when I was supposed to research graphic designers.

I personally am a tattoo artist in San Diego. I have been tattoing professionally for four years now, and only continuing to grow. I am hoping on opening my own shop in the next year or so. All of my work can be seen on my Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/1319ink

Actually a client of mine got me started on Squadts, he showed me TB #23 Big Sleep to be exact, but my first Squadt was NKF Nozzel GID and I have been hooked ever since.

Chase did you ever live in Arizona?
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:03 am

chase1319 wrote:

At first I was like this dude job is dope...after reading a little bit You sir suck...haha I hate those damn twistys my kid is yelling at me to hurry up and I stay struggling with those ties...In the future can you please do me and all parents a favor and devise another way to secure the toy...thanks!!!

Really cool job though man...cool to see all the goodies before they hit the shelves!!!

Haha! I always hated those wire ties as a kid - now i do it for a living. I always have a pair of cutters on hand now when i get toys. every time i open the boxes and see the ties i'm like "F'n wire ties - I HATE YOU!" lol!
devito1195
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:03 am

slinky42 wrote:
chase1319 wrote:Wow, Chipp, you really do great design work, I am about to graduate with a degree in graphic design next month. The work you do is amazing and I wish I knew about your work when I was supposed to research graphic designers.

Yes I did how you know that???
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:04 am

chase1319 wrote:
slinky42 wrote:

Yes I did how you know that???

Did you work at Timeless?
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:06 am

slinky42 wrote:Did you work at Timeless?

yup sure did!!!
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 am

chase1319 wrote:

yup sure did!!!

i was the one who showed you that tb 23. lol
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 am

slinky42 wrote:
chase1319 wrote:

yup sure did!!!

nah uh...whats good man...you still got my number???
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 am

chase1319 wrote:
slinky42 wrote:
chase1319 wrote:

yup sure did!!!

yeah I think if you didn't change it. is it still the 577 AZ #?
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 am

slinky42 wrote:
chase1319 wrote:
slinky42 wrote:
chase1319 wrote:

yup sure did!!!

yeah I think if you didn't change it. is it still the 577 AZ #?

yes sir hit me up...
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:39 am

Hey Chip sorry to sidetrack your thread. Chase is a buddy of mine who moved to SD to better his tattoo career and haven't talked to him since he did my tattoo for me And yes Chase does some sick work! Small world!

Any who back to the thread.

I'm just a boring ass accountant who started collecting Squadts almost two years ago and have been addicted ever since. Yes accounting is boring and I hate/love it. Hate it but love that it lets me get my squadts.
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:53 am

ya'll have great careers. I had stalked chips site before, nice work. and chase's work is tits.

I teach for a private company in shouth korea. the money is good the hours are great and the city is amazing. Ive been living here for two years and will move back to the states next year, hopefully, to attend grad school in chicago.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Skullyton85 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am

I want a new job! haha right now im an IBEW electrician. I love long walks on the beach, flowers, mixed chocloates and late night conversations . Laughing Laughing Laughing hahaha seriously tho i work collect vinyl toys, DJ, and play xbox haha.
Skullyton85
Skullyton85
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:53 am

I'm a Sybian technician, I do home installations, product training and private events/parties. I'm totally kidding, but wouldn't that be a "tight" job? Anyways, I currently work for a marketing company provides sales and product training for technology companies/clients. But I'm going to back to school this year to get my industrial/manufacturing engineering degree. Anybody in this field (industrial/manufacturing)? Please let me know, I have a lot of questions because I don't know anyone in that field. I'm just really interested in making things lol.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:I'm a Sybian technician, I do home installations, product training and private events/parties. I'm totally kidding, but wouldn't that be a "tight" job? Anyways, I currently work for a marketing company provides sales and product training for technology companies/clients. But I'm going to back to school this year to get my industrial/manufacturing engineering degree. Anybody in this field (industrial/manufacturing)? Please let me know, I have a lot of questions because I don't know anyone in that field. I'm just really interested in making things lol.

industrial design might also be another option for you. they do design for packaging and ergonomics, some even do simple engineering for parts.

remember, engineering is math and application of products, whereas design is aesthetic and practical creation of concepts and such.

fun fun.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballou34 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I am an aircraft accident investigator working for the French Civil Aviation at the BEA (same as the NTSB in the US). I have been working there since last septembre. My work is mainly to go on crash site to "read" the wreckage and afterwards participate and perform examinations on equipments and engine. I take care of the technical side of the flight whereas I have collegues who look at the operational aspects. Our job to find the cause of the event to avoid for it to happen again and improve flight safety.
In 9 months, I have already been working on various cases going from accidents in general aviation to incidents on commercial flights (tire burst for example).

I have to say that I travel a lot for my work, for now mainly in France, and I am quite happy when I get back home and a new Squadt is waiting for me in the mail box. It has been a year since the start of the Squadt addiction. And I can't stop now... What a Face
Ballou34
Ballou34
CAD Grunt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ballou34/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum