COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea...

4 posters

Go down

My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea... Empty My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea...

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:45 am

I've never done anything custom before, but one of my favorite movies is Terminator and I thought since the Germ has red eyes, it would be cool to chrome him out and make some red LED eyes. I probably won't start him until I figure out how to chrome vinyl or abs. I'll probably start practice painting on some cheap dunnys and if it turns out to be unsuccessful for me, I'm just going to pay fplus to do it lol. I know its not unique or anything, but I think it would go nicely with my 1:1 Endo bust.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea... Empty Re: My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea...

Post  Gatiio Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:I've never done anything custom before, but one of my favorite movies is Terminator and I thought since the Germ has red eyes, it would be cool to chrome him out and make some red LED eyes. I probably won't start him until I figure out how to chrome vinyl or abs. I'll probably start practice painting on some cheap dunnys and if it turns out to be unsuccessful for me, I'm just going to pay fplus to do it lol. I know its not unique or anything, but I think it would go nicely with my 1:1 Endo bust.

yeaaaah!

I thought about that when I saw the Coarse Oops. those have a nice chrome finish on them.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea... Empty Re: My Term/Germinator Custom Squadt Idea...

Post  chiprender Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Have you seen Greg's Silver?
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm

chiprender wrote:Have you seen Greg's Silver?

Yeah, it looks amazing, but I want CHROME with a mirror polished. I debating if I should just send it out to get electroplated or purchasing paint and do it myself.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  NDB747 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 pm

I've recently used chrome spray paint on a project and the results did not yield anything close to 'chrome'

I would recommend checking out the chrome spray produced by Alsa corp. Although I have not used it yet and it is a little pricey but it seems like it might actually to the trick even on vinyl --> http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome.htm

A $1 LED keychain from your local Dollar store which consists of nothing more than a LED, small battery, couple of wires & press switch would work in lighting up that eye cyclops

Cool idea, best of luck Very Happy
NDB747
NDB747
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down