COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Annual Squadt Drive: Target - Austin Homeless Shelter

+36
Colossus of Destiny
gasTHUMB
CankleBreaker
NDB747
nath88
skidz
Crunch
Shinyvera
DROBOT
cheapass
Ianb1420
funkin
eldoobya
chiprender
Vince
devito1195
jakesons
Speedstick
ROACHSHACK138
Blood101
mazdevilz
colbert
Gatiio
ictoys
zmigol
JEEMAC
itsa_mia
slinky42
ilovefreestufftoo
MagnumManipulator
jorester
Ballou34
Admin
unlucky_charm13
chase1319
LonerStoner
40 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

1st Annual Squadt Drive: Target - Austin Homeless Shelter - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Annual Squadt Drive: Target - Austin Homeless Shelter

Post  NDB747 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 am

Awesome! clap Very Happy

Guess it depends on the homeless shelter/transition house, but here in Chicago, they are always in need of grooming kits, new underwear etc.

NDB747
NDB747
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

1st Annual Squadt Drive: Target - Austin Homeless Shelter - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Annual Squadt Drive: Target - Austin Homeless Shelter

Post  Gatiio Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am

clap clap clap clap

good times!

Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 am

To all the awesome C&Ders bow bow bow bow
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:To all the awesome C&Ders bow bow bow bow

tell me about it, not to mention getting extra luck for the MFC from this great thread.

Let's make it annual, Loner!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 am

Gatiio wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:To all the awesome C&Ders bow bow bow bow

tell me about it, not to mention getting extra luck for the MFC from this great thread.

Let's make it annual, Loner!

Annual sounds like a pretty great idea, different charity every year. If I may throw my opinion out there I'd like to suggest a fundraiser for Alzheimers next.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 am

If I may, I would like to make a suggestion, and it is only a suggestion. Can we perhaps donate the money to a children's hospital? I will give my reasoning, with a little story, I do not much care to help homeless people. I do understand that quite a few of them are really unfortunate. But one night I got left out a nightclub in downtown Long Beach. This place is filled with homeless, I got very bored because I had no where to go and I decided to chop it up with these guys and ask them their story. I pretty much got the same answer from all of them, they were happy that they did not have to work and were happy with the lifestyle they were living...Kinda bummed me out, no pun intended. I am though a huge sucker for sick kids. It really breaks my heart.

really not trying to be a dick, I will whole heartedly support any decision where these funds are sent, and I am really proud how we pulled together.

CAD RULES!!!!

suggestion of hospital
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 am

chase1319 wrote:If I may, I would like to make a suggestion, and it is only a suggestion. Can we perhaps donate the money to a children's hospital? I will give my reasoning, with a little story, I do not much care to help homeless people. I do understand that quite a few of them are really unfortunate. But one night I got left out a nightclub in downtown Long Beach. This place is filled with homeless, I got very bored because I had no where to go and I decided to chop it up with these guys and ask them their story. I pretty much got the same answer from all of them, they were happy that they did not have to work and were happy with the lifestyle they were living...Kinda bummed me out, no pun intended. I am though a huge sucker for sick kids. It really breaks my heart.

really not trying to be a dick, I will whole heartedly support any decision where these funds are sent, and I am really proud how we pulled together.

CAD RULES!!!!

suggestion of hospital

I'm down for that.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:38 am

chase1319 wrote:If I may, I would like to make a suggestion, and it is only a suggestion. Can we perhaps donate the money to a children's hospital? I will give my reasoning, with a little story, I do not much care to help homeless people. I do understand that quite a few of them are really unfortunate. But one night I got left out a nightclub in downtown Long Beach. This place is filled with homeless, I got very bored because I had no where to go and I decided to chop it up with these guys and ask them their story. I pretty much got the same answer from all of them, they were happy that they did not have to work and were happy with the lifestyle they were living...Kinda bummed me out, no pun intended. I am though a huge sucker for sick kids. It really breaks my heart.

CAD RULES!!!!

suggestion of hospital

that works too. I had thought that the money would go to some sort of homeless children thing or maybe an orphanage.

I think that as long as its for children, its good.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Gatiio wrote:

CAD RULES!!!!

suggestion of hospital

that works too. I had thought that the money would go to some sort of homeless children thing or maybe an orphanage.

I think that as long as its for children, its good.

all suggestions from those who contributed are welcome

I say CADers nominate a specific charity and then we have a vote for the winner

this cause belongs to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  unlucky_charm13 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:30 pm

If we're helping kids or truly less fortunate people, I'm good with whatever and wherever it is.

Thanks again for suggesting this and making it happen LS.
unlucky_charm13
unlucky_charm13
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.nolovecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 pm

If I may start off: I suggest the global hunger project. Theyre working in 11 countries to help feed needy people and the best part is that they dont seem to be a religious organization (not that there's anything wrong with religion) cramming theyre dogma down their throats, just food Very Happy

http://www.thp.org/
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Can we have a poll?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Can we have a poll?

A poll seems very fair and we can all have some input.
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:22 pm

with respect to suggested charities, all i ask is that they are Austin based and children related

i'll leave the window open until Sunday night at 11:59 pm ET

i'll then set up a vote that will last one week

best, loner
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm

I completely forgot to add ky name to the list had alreadysent money Very Happy

41. El payaso loco

forgive the laziness, hard to copy the list n scroll to the bottom n add my name from my phone

well those all sound like great ideas....any sounds good as long as it goes to kids in need. A vote sounds best this is awesome!
el_payaso_loco
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 pm

I suggest > http://www.austinchildrenshelter.org
but I am down for whatever as long as they have a solid track record.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 am

^ ferg being a local would know
do we really need to take it to a poll?

itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:40 am

itsa_mia wrote:^ ferg being a local would know

I agree!!!
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  funkin Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 am

What these^ guys said
funkin
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:00 am

itsa_mia wrote:^ ferg being a local would know

Not anymore, now that we have direction.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 am

Admin wrote:I suggest > http://www.austinchildrenshelter.org

well, poll or not. Im in for this one, homeless kids hit close to home (no pun intended Surprised ).
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 am

I'm good with what Ferg suggested.
devito1195
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  slinky42 Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:37 am

It's Fergs home town. I think he would know best! So I'm down with Fergs suggestion.
slinky42
slinky42
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 am

Yeah, Austin Children Shelter sounds really good to me too.

We should really do this annually guys! Very Happy
MagnumManipulator
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:53 pm

MagnumManipulator wrote:
Yeah, Austin Children Shelter sounds really good to me too.

We should really do this annually guys! Very Happy

Good idea... a Squadt Drive!
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next