COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUD Series 3

+27
nyhousekid
fender
Colossus of Destiny
Pipeline
EL PADRINO
colbert
VanBeater
jorester
Rev. Mike
benswift
bigdavidcannon
mindblowin02
ASPrintingPress
shoparooni
doug
Mendez
Admin
DannyCassette
razvi3
whacko
darkghost973
dreamattack27
mattFoley
ontheDL
Assburrito!
BigC
Quiz
31 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

BUD Series 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: BUD Series 3

Post  Assburrito! Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:16 am

hehehe it looks like an Elf Trooper!!! I like it. Now Kozik needs to do an A-Bomb, and he will cover all 4 templates.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:27 am

For some reason the non-transparent Skillbuds all remind me of the Coneheads...
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:30 am

I do think the skllbuds look the best with this format, but the Vanbeaterman turned out really cool too.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 am

Assburrito! wrote:I do think the skllbuds look the best with this format, but the Vanbeaterman turned out really cool too.

I think the VanBeaterman works both because its an awesome design and also because UltraMan had an oddly shaped head to begin with.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:53 am

Don't get me wrong, the flameheads are cool. I don't collect them but are slowly coming around (accept the skllbuds). Dig the image I saw of the creature from the black lagoon one. Will own that as well as the kozik one (thinking I will have to get beaterman). I guess I just fell in love with the original buds cause of the look and for me the matchstick makes it. As well as the nades with the removable pin.

It seperated them from the over hyped dunnys. But as ferg as mentioned I don't always get WHAT I WANT. Wink

Im open to change. Looking forward to Series 3 and trust you guys. (Danny Miller: Dunny free Since 1978)
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Post  benswift Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:03 am

Admin wrote:sneak peek of koziks contribution to ser 3

BUD Series 3 - Page 4 Sp_sau10

SPECIAL SAUCE? haha
if given the choice, I'm surprised Kozik didn't go for the A-Bomb head. or were they not given that choice? heh

either way, it will look great next to Kzk's other 2 figures.
benswift
benswift
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.benswift.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:55 am

Wow...I'm gone for a day and look at the chaos. ANARCHY.....LOL

I like it. Can't wait to see the rest.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:20 am

yeah I'm stoked for S3
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm really excited now! Nice to hear that the artists got to decide which sculpt they liked best. Is Jamungo the best fuckin company out there, or what?
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:45 am

Indeed, they are!

And I am sure the next Kozik Trooper will be the A-bomb, since he does seem to be making the rounds! Laughing
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:05 am

dreamattack27 wrote:Indeed, they are!

And I am sure the next Kozik Trooper will be the A-bomb, since he does seem to be making the rounds! Laughing

slut Twisted Evil
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:10 am

BigC wrote:

slut Twisted Evil

You're just jealous... afro
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:34 am

more sneak peeks pls!!!!!
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  benswift Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:49 pm

I hope there are more GID buds. I like GID.
benswift
benswift
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.benswift.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:06 pm

BigC wrote:

slut Twisted Evil

What I am surprised is that there haven't been any Jamungo Anarchy BUDs (aside from the 9") from Kozik. It seems he puts these out ad-nauseum for pretty much every other kind of fig you can find.

It might almost be cool to have a Kozik A (for Anarchy) Bomb on the ABomb sculpt.

Of course, I am kind of sick of seeing plain black or white figs with an "A" on the forehead... but if it were Jamungo I guess it would still be cool.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  mattFoley Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 pm

whacko wrote:
I think the VanBeaterman works both because its an awesome design and also because UltraMan had an oddly shaped head to begin with.

It wasn't based on Ultraman, it was based on Jet Jaguar from Godzilla vs. Megalon. But I guess you can argue that Jet Jaguar was based on Ultraman...

--
mF

Last edited by mattFoley on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
mattFoley
mattFoley
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 pm

whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

slut Twisted Evil

What I am surprised is that there haven't been any Jamungo Anarchy BUDs (aside from the 9") from Kozik. It seems he puts these out ad-nauseum for pretty much every other kind of fig you can find.

It might almost be cool to have a Kozik A (for Anarchy) Bomb on the ABomb sculpt.

Of course, I am kind of sick of seeing plain black or white figs with an "A" on the forehead... but if it were Jamungo I guess it would still be cool.

It's so funny that you mention this. I was just talking with my friend about the "Kozik series" and what we thought might be in it. Anarchy nades/buds/abombs would probably happen for sure. Also HOPEFULLY an ultraviolence, so I could build a military batallion of those, and a redrum. Oh and probably another trooper of some sort. Other then that, we were kind of at a loss as to what else might be in there. Maybe some kind of political spoof thing. I really can't wait to see them.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 am

BigC wrote:
whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

slut Twisted Evil

It's so funny that you mention this. I was just talking with my friend about the "Kozik series" and what we thought might be in it. Anarchy nades/buds/abombs would probably happen for sure. Also HOPEFULLY an ultraviolence, so I could build a military batallion of those, and a redrum. Oh and probably another trooper of some sort. Other then that, we were kind of at a loss as to what else might be in there. Maybe some kind of political spoof thing. I really can't wait to see them.

I don't really like most of the anarchy toys Kozik makes. Too plain in general. I just think an Anarchy ABomb would be funny, in the same way that many of you think the F Bomb is funny Wink
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 am

I can't think of anything Kozik has done that I haven't liked, except for that crazy King Diamond-looking figure he did. I would love to see 3" Redrum, Anarchy and Ultraviolence BUDS, but if you look at the other toys he's designed for Jamungo, like his Sqwert and his trooper and Che, none of those designs has been seen before. He's a brilliant designer, and IMO doesn't get the respect he deserves. People only talk about the smoking, anarchy, redrum, communist and ultraviolence, but pay no attention to his designs that have nothing to do with those five themes. Take a look at the Chumps, or the previously mentioned toys for Jamungo, or millions of other toys, qees, etc. He's da man!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 am

Kozik A-BOMB FTW!!

*would be cool to have some sort of accessory...maybe a lil BUD
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:56 am

dreamattack27 wrote:I can't think of anything Kozik has done that I haven't liked, except for that crazy King Diamond-looking figure he did. I would love to see 3" Redrum, Anarchy and Ultraviolence BUDS, but if you look at the other toys he's designed for Jamungo, like his Sqwert and his trooper and Che, none of those designs has been seen before. He's a brilliant designer, and IMO doesn't get the respect he deserves. People only talk about the smoking, anarchy, redrum, communist and ultraviolence, but pay no attention to his designs that have nothing to do with those five themes. Take a look at the Chumps, or the previously mentioned toys for Jamungo, or millions of other toys, qees, etc. He's da man!

My only complaint is that the redrum & anarchy designs are very plain and everywhere. Practically every series of toy has at least one of those designs, and they don't use the forms they are on at all, whereas his Trooper designs for the BUD & especially the Nade totally take what those figures are, and bring them to a new level.

For the record I think is Stalin, Beethoven & Ho Chi Minh busts are all amazing (and if they weren't so ridiculously expensive I would own some). I also like what I have seen so far of his upcoming Giant Army Men.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:20 am

A fertalizer A bomb would be dope as hell.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:15 am

whacko wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:I can't think of anything Kozik has done that I haven't liked, except for that crazy King Diamond-looking figure he did. I would love to see 3" Redrum, Anarchy and Ultraviolence BUDS, but if you look at the other toys he's designed for Jamungo, like his Sqwert and his trooper and Che, none of those designs has been seen before. He's a brilliant designer, and IMO doesn't get the respect he deserves. People only talk about the smoking, anarchy, redrum, communist and ultraviolence, but pay no attention to his designs that have nothing to do with those five themes. Take a look at the Chumps, or the previously mentioned toys for Jamungo, or millions of other toys, qees, etc. He's da man!

My only complaint is that the redrum & anarchy designs are very plain and everywhere. Practically every series of toy has at least one of those designs, and they don't use the forms they are on at all, whereas his Trooper designs for the BUD & especially the Nade totally take what those figures are, and bring them to a new level.

For the record I think is Stalin, Beethoven & Ho Chi Minh busts are all amazing (and if they weren't so ridiculously expensive I would own some). I also like what I have seen so far of his upcoming Giant Army Men.

I hear what you're saying, but the Redrum and Anarchy are frequently requested specifically by the companies that produce the toys because they are often the ones most in demand. That was the case with the Tofu Robots. Many people have collections of exclusively Redrum and Anarchy collections.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

BUD Series 3 - Page 4 Empty "Oh Shit"

Post  bigdavidcannon Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:17 am

An "Oh Shit" ABomb would be cool too.
bigdavidcannon
bigdavidcannon
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:08 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:
whacko wrote:

I hear what you're saying, but the Redrum and Anarchy are frequently requested specifically by the companies that produce the toys because they are often the ones most in demand. That was the case with the Tofu Robots. Many people have collections of exclusively Redrum and Anarchy collections.

Sounds like an "Make it like Affliction" kinda of thing...
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next