COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPS STORE FAIL - UGH!

2 posters

Go down

UPS STORE FAIL - UGH! Empty UPS STORE FAIL - UGH!

Post  Mendez Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 am

Hey Jamungo Fam.
I recently sold and shipped a GNOME set to a boardie. I took both of them in their OG box and foam inner shells to the nearest UPS Store on a Friday afternoon to have them pack em in one protective box. The employee asked me what was in the boxes and I told him collectible toys. I then , as always asked to insure my package for the sold amount. He then told me that I had missed the last pick up and that it would sit in the store for first thing Monday shipping. So, the buyer gets the boxes and all is well. Now weeks later the buyer tells me that he finally got to inspecting the OG GNOME and the smoke stack is broke and there's scuffs on the beard. I sold this as a blemish item due to some factory scuffs under the left arm but NO WAY was it broken or marks on the beard. My buyer tell me that there is no broken pieces in the box and that the Chase was fine but not in it's plastic outer bag. OK, so I want to fully trust this boardie since we're both avid collectors and sellers (when needed) and no doubt that this is how they came in. SO this has to be an employee that was curious opened the boxes . broke the OG, freaked out and stuffed them back in the boxes prior to packaging. HAS ANYONE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH SUCH A CLAIM??? I'm going to begin whatever process I can in the morning. Any advice is gratefully appreciated.
-me
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

UPS STORE FAIL - UGH! Empty Re: UPS STORE FAIL - UGH!

Post  Gatiio Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 am

If it was insured and there was no "damaged while being handled" sticker on it, you should have a decent shot at getting something back, even more so if it was insured. Ask the boardie to send pics of the box, it usually has the tape on it from where it was resealed.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever they ask me whats in the box I just say, plastic toys and tell them they're expensive, thats all. It keeps curious hands from touching my shit.

Hope all clears out, man!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down