COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Bounty x Hunter fans?

4 posters

Go down

Any Bounty x Hunter fans? Empty Any Bounty x Hunter fans?

Post  XSuicide SquadX Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 am

I absolutely love Bounty x Hunter's toys. Only found out about them two years ago, sadly. But I did get to hold a few Skull Kun variants, a Captain Bounch, Kumara Kuns, the original Frank Kozik Labbits and the BxH Pete figures last week. Pretty bad ass stuff. Definitely gonna start workin' on gettin' my hands on some. Was wondering if anyone here is diggin' 'em or has a few in their collection?
XSuicide SquadX
XSuicide SquadX
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Any Bounty x Hunter fans? Empty Re: Any Bounty x Hunter fans?

Post  Gatiio Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am

Oh yeah, cool toys. A bit cutesy at times, but still great. I was really into it a few years back, but I've since given away most of the BxH stuff I had, which wasn't even a whole lot to begin with. Pretty much once Kozik went to KR and sorta turned his back on them, it tuned out.

I've been to the store a couple of times in harajuku, sad that its just a clothes shop these days. Luckly secret base and Erostika around the corner more than make up for that.

There is a sticker porch on it and they have stuff from pretty well known people in the toy world of Japan.

Which ones do you own?
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am

Gatiio wrote:Oh yeah, cool toys. A bit cutesy at times, but still great. I was really into it a few years back, but I've since given away most of the BxH stuff I had, which wasn't even a whole lot to begin with. Pretty much once Kozik went to KR and sorta turned his back on them, it tuned out.

I've been to the store a couple of times in harajuku, sad that its just a clothes shop these days. Luckly secret base and Erostika around the corner more than make up for that.

There is a sticker porch on it and they have stuff from pretty well known people in the toy world of Japan.

Which ones do you own?

I was big on kozik for a while and kr but honestly dealing with kr Kinda sucks kozik does good work but It all seems repeating now and 10000 of the same item sucks lol . Idk I really lost intrest in most other toys few I still really like like brandt peters sho gun, 3a stuff like that , I've kept two kozik items my yellow awsome dunny from the swatch watch with the watch lol , and the pimp edition flocked labbits !
Ferg has won me over for a dedicated collector pretty much for his stuff till they day he stops !
Even then my collection of his stuff will go down with me hahha. Although side note some kr stuff is acceptable .
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 am

dedicatedart wrote:

I was big on kozik for a while and kr but honestly dealing with kr Kinda sucks kozik does good work but It all seems repeating now and 10000 of the same item sucks lol . Idk I really lost intrest in most other toys few I still really like like brandt peters sho gun, 3a stuff like that , I've kept two kozik items my yellow awsome dunny from the swatch watch with the watch lol , and the pimp edition flocked labbits !
Ferg has won me over for a dedicated collector pretty much for his stuff till they day he stops !
Even then my collection of his stuff will go down with me hahha. Although side note some kr stuff is acceptable .

I think you misunderstood me, hahaha. I've never bought any Kozik or KR stuff for that matter (I do have a DIY GID munny that the Mrs. gave me awhile back) From BxH I had the shark with the logo, some of the boys with the stripes and hat variants and thats about it. KR has always produced mass items, we cant demand more than that. Even at that their KRblack seems to have good quality to it. I really could careless about the company, and rather not discuss them in the same thread as BxH, LOL.

In any case, BxH was great, I could never afford the clothes, but the toys were very fun to hunt down. The store and people have done great things for putting toys on the map and sparking a resurgence in toy production from children's toys to finer objects that might be art to some.

The clothes on the other hand, those will put you in the poor house in no time. Hahahaha.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  XSuicide SquadX Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am

Gatiio wrote:Oh yeah, cool toys. A bit cutesy at times, but still great. I was really into it a few years back, but I've since given away most of the BxH stuff I had, which wasn't even a whole lot to begin with. Pretty much once Kozik went to KR and sorta turned his back on them, it tuned out.

Which ones do you own?

I sadly don't own any BxH...yet. ;-) Can't wait to get some on my shelves, though. Being able to actually hold some of the pieces was somewhat staggering for me. I enjoy the simplistic designs and odd proportions and sizes. They're fun. I can't really say they're cutesy in my opinion, though I definitely see where others get it. I don't really have a set niche for collecting just yet. Most of my Dunnies are gone, sans eight 8" Dunnies and a handful of 3" that I really enjoy. I mostly collect Squadts, Andrew Bell pieces and Gary Ham pieces. Those are the most consistent three I have displayed. But my shelves are rather strange and diverse.

Back to the main point, though. My buddy Vincent tours a lot in Japan and tells me about the BxH shop and how tiny it is, especially since he's tall as hell. He did mention they don't sell toys there anymore, only apparel. But he did mention that Secret x Base is right upstairs now. I'd love to visit both spots when I get out there someday.
XSuicide SquadX
XSuicide SquadX
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Its worth the trek, specially since Harajuku is a lot of fun to be at, not only in regards to toys, but as an experience of itself, few places in the world have that mix of cooky and cool.

As for pieces, I see them every now and then, they do command a high price though. Had I known they would stop producing toys the way they have, I would probably have kept them. But one never knows what is going to happen. And yeah, I am pretty tall too and when I went into the shop I almost ate it, since they have these steps right as you go in, so you either look out for the ceiling or the steps, LOL.

As for quality, just like the BxH and KRLA shops are miles apart, so is the quality of the vinyl. You're right, they have a lot of charm, specially on hand.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  XSuicide SquadX Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Gatiio wrote:Its worth the trek, specially since Harajuku is a lot of fun to be at, not only in regards to toys, but as an experience of itself, few places in the world have that mix of cooky and cool.

As for pieces, I see them every now and then, they do command a high price though. Had I known they would stop producing toys the way they have, I would probably have kept them. But one never knows what is going to happen. And yeah, I am pretty tall too and when I went into the shop I almost ate it, since they have these steps right as you go in, so you either look out for the ceiling or the steps, LOL.

As for quality, just like the BxH and KRLA shops are miles apart, so is the quality of the vinyl. You're right, they have a lot of charm, specially on hand.

I grew up around a lot of Japanese culture because of my Dad's sensei when I was a kid. So I've had an affinity for Japan for quite some time. It's definitely a dream and a life goal to spend at least a month out there. So much to see and soooooooo much food to consume. Harajuku Sunday and the Square Enix Building have been on my list for forever. But getting into toys just the last nearing four years has opened up a whole new set of "must see". I'd say any toy(s) worth wanting in your eyes is always worth the hunt. That's half of what makes collecting awesome for me. I have noticed BxH items are usually accompanied by hefty asking orices. And generally with good reason. Surprisingly there's a few Skull Kuns on eBay for a little under $100. Kinda seems to be the only place I can find 'em.
XSuicide SquadX
XSuicide SquadX
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm

well, if the toys are your thing too, wonderfest is a must and the CKA shop to see some legendary toys.

Akihabara on sat and Harajuku on sun are great ways to go. Gundam Cafe FTW. lol.

Lmk if you ever need some infos, man. Very Happy
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ShelfLife Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Was at the Tokyo store last year...such a nice crew, and such a clear vision of the their style...
ShelfLife
ShelfLife
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down