COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP: iPhone 4

+2
JasperF
CankleBreaker
6 posters

Go down

HELP: iPhone 4 Empty HELP: iPhone 4

Post  CankleBreaker Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Any tech savvy members here? I recently busted up my old iPhone4 and managed to get a replacement from a friend. After paying $75 to fix the busted up screen I tried putting in my SIM to use the new iPhone 4 but my service got locked becus the iPhone was reported as stolen... -___-
I was told that the phone is "blacklisted" on AT&T's network... unusable? This got me pretty frustrated. Is there anything I can do to use this phone? Jailbreak it maybe?

Any help is appreciated, going crazy here w/out a smartphone.
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

HELP: iPhone 4 Empty Re: HELP: iPhone 4

Post  JasperF Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

What does it say when you try to connect it to iTunes? And have you tried contating the customer support of AT&T? It could be that they have to remove this blockade online and then your phone will be accessible again. I will google this for you...

EDIT: After some googling I would recommend you call AT&T they're the only ones able to unblacklist it and as long as it's on their blacklist there's not much you could do
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 pm

be careful. If it got blacklisted you need to contact the provider that blocked it. If you make further attempts the phone might be bricked.

Best of luck, also check with your friend since it was his and someone had to report it stolen.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 pm

It says I need to contact AT&T customer service when I connect it to iTunes. I got it from a friend's brother, I'm assuming he found it or something... shady guy. I'll give AT&T a call. Thanks guys.

EDIT: looks like they can't do anything since its a stolen device... mad2
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:49 pm

CankleBreaker wrote:It says I need to contact AT&T customer service when I connect it to iTunes. I got it from a friend's brother, I'm assuming he found it or something... shady guy. I'll give AT&T a call. Thanks guys.

If its not bricked, then jailbreak it.

you can do that by taking out the sim card and using one of the jailbreaking programs on the net. Sucks that you got scammed, dude.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm

CankleBreaker wrote:It says I need to contact AT&T customer service when I connect it to iTunes. I got it from a friend's brother, I'm assuming he found it or something... shady guy. I'll give AT&T a call. Thanks guys.

Smack this guy around, go to the source of the problem and explain that selling stolen goods is a criminal offense!! (Then maybe apply blackmailing or extortion techniques Very Happy)
But seriously go give him a hard time because it's THAT kind of people that will steal your iphone NEXT time.
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 pm

So very true... I should've known better dealing w/ this dude. I was thinkin of trying to jailbreak it as well...I'll see how it goes.
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

CankleBreaker wrote:So very true... I should've known better dealing w/ this dude. I was thinkin of trying to jailbreak it as well...I'll see how it goes.

i would jail break it and black mail the dumbass who stole it tell him you want your money back or it would be very highly the police will get a tip on who stole it give his info and ill call the local pd for you lol. any thing over 100$ in value is a felone charge,+ the class on it raises as the value gets higher lol
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Well I attempted to jailbreak it but I guess I'm not doing it right. I DL'ed a program and when I plug in the phone, it says the iOS isn't compatible or something. I'll jus use it as an iPod since I can use my upgrade in a couple weeks to get the iPhone 5. Don't really wanna deal w/ the situation anymore.

EDIT: One more week until I can upgrade and get a smart phone again, then I'll be posting pics once more! albino
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Casper_NY Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 am

You need to make a friend in a phone store for things like this! I found my 4S that i use now brand new in the box just laying in the street, original box, headphones & all as if the dude dropped it out of his car window as he was on his way home from the store he just bought it from lol. But anyways, the original owner had it blacklisted & i was told by SEVERAL people that i would never be able to use the phone, EVER. So i brought it to my boy that works in a phone store & he worked his magic & BAM, $180 & a few days later i was using that very iPhone. Had to get the motherboard replaced, a GEVEY Ultra S SIM card tray put in, & ofcourse jailbreak it, but it worked!
Casper_NY
Casper_NY
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 am

CankleBreaker wrote:Well I attempted to jailbreak it but I guess I'm not doing it right. I DL'ed a program and when I plug in the phone, it says the iOS isn't compatible or something. I'll jus use it as an iPod since I can use my upgrade in a couple weeks to get the iPhone 5. Don't really wanna deal w/ the situation anymore.

EDIT: One more week until I can upgrade and get a smart phone again, then I'll be posting pics once more! albino

Dude just take it to one of those mom and pop shops and pay them $20 and they'll jailbreak it and unlock that fucker for you.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Casper_NY Wed May 08, 2013 11:35 am

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Dude just take it to one of those mom and pop shops and pay them $20 and they'll jailbreak it and unlock that fucker for you.

It's not as simple as that. No matter how many times you jailbreak it, the phone's IMEI is still blacklisted. Not even an unlock can fix that. Only way to un-blacklist an iPhone is thru either Apple or the service provider of the phone, which is one of the most annoying & time consuming processes you never wanna go thru. Not the service provider you have, but the one the phone came from. So if you have an unlocked Verizon iPhone but you're on TMobile & your shit gets blacklisted, you would have to go thru Apple or Verizon, not TMobile. It's some really complicated shit if you don't know what you're doing lmao
Casper_NY
Casper_NY
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 am

Casper_NY wrote:
ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Dude just take it to one of those mom and pop shops and pay them $20 and they'll jailbreak it and unlock that fucker for you.

It's not as simple as that. No matter how many times you jailbreak it, the phone's IMEI is still blacklisted. Not even an unlock can fix that. Only way to un-blacklist an iPhone is thru either Apple or the service provider of the phone, which is one of the most annoying & time consuming processes you never wanna go thru. Not the service provider you have, but the one the phone came from. So if you have an unlocked Verizon iPhone but you're on TMobile & your shit gets blacklisted, you would have to go thru Apple or Verizon, not TMobile. It's some really complicated shit if you don't know what you're doing lmao

Learn something new everyday lol.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Casper_NY wrote:

Or you could stop being a cheapass, dont buy as many toys, save some cash and then go and buy a decent phone. If you need to go through all that trouble to unlock an already aging phone, might as well buy the new thing. Just my two cents, my time is worth more than what im going to pay in hassle for a phone, regardless of the brand or age of it, plus it is a lost good and initially, not my property. Too much hassle.

not that anyone is a cheapass (except for Cheapass that is) in here, im just saying thats how this route looks, since buying a new one would make more sense.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Wed May 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Agree Gatio, I'm jus gonna take my loss and say I bought a $75 32gb iPod to use lol. I'm upgrading to the 5 tomorrow! Woohoo!
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm

CankleBreaker wrote:Agree Gatio, I'm jus gonna take my loss and say I bought a $75 32gb iPod to use lol. I'm upgrading to the 5 tomorrow! Woohoo!

I upgraded to that a month ago. Im liking it so far. I do hate that apple forces a lot of things on its costumers, but overall it is a decent phone. I am sure there are other Android phones that are better, but everything is iOS configured, so that helps too.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm

CankleBreaker wrote:Agree Gatio, I'm jus gonna take my loss and say I bought a $75 32gb iPod to use lol. I'm upgrading to the 5 tomorrow! Woohoo!

You can sell it for parts?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:

You can sell it for parts?

Kinda over it and don't wanna deal w/ it anymore at this point.
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down