COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!!

+9
squirrel1777
edstuff
Swordfish
quentdiggy
Gatiio
chiprender
OinkOink
ontheDL
lostboyz
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!! Empty Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!!

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 am

Headin to Chicago for 1 night only to hit up Rotofugi next week. Really looking forward to filling an empty suitcase. Has anyone ever been? Any suggestions on what to pickup?
Apparently there is a release happening next week. Heading in blind.....S T O K E D santa 
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!! Empty Re: Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!!

Post  ontheDL Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 am

They still have some assembly goods leftover cyclops 
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!! Empty Re: Chicago RotoVisit next week...Stoked!!

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:35 am

Definitely gonna try and kit out my Germ S004 a bit more but I am pretty noob. Might have to pick up a brotha for him although I don't want to blow the budget on just that. I suppose that is the draw back of being into multiple collections. Labor of love perhaps?
Just picked up two additional Detolfs so I need to fill these mothers up! I guess I'm in the thick of it now. Was showing my Dad my collection this last week and his words were "Hmm....if someone saw these toys they might thing you are weird".....bit of a dick Rolling Eyes
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 am

Isn't it true?

Laughing 

ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:46 am

You got a point there...haha!
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  OinkOink Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 am

lostboyz wrote:Definitely gonna try and kit out my Germ S004 a bit more but I am pretty noob. Might have to pick up a brotha for him although I don't want to blow the budget on just that. I suppose that is the draw back of being into multiple collections. Labor of love perhaps?
Just picked up two additional Detolfs so I need to fill these mothers up! I guess I'm in the thick of it now. Was showing my Dad my collection this last week and his words were "Hmm....if someone saw these toys they might thing you are weird".....bit of a dick Rolling Eyes
Yeah they don't have the assembly gear out but they will be more than happy to show you what they have in stock with the I pad mini and they go get it from the basement. As far as brotha for him they have Oilish and fort burnout jack that I know of
That place is fucking awesome
OinkOink
OinkOink
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:33 am

Heading in blind is the best way to go... it is serious toy mecca. You will find yourself circling the store over and over again, giggling like a schoolgirl... at least that's what I do when I go there...and I saw Anthony, Austin and Maz doing the same thing. Send Kirby and Whitney all our love!
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:43 am

chiprender wrote:Heading in blind is the best way to go... it is serious toy mecca. You will find yourself circling the store over and over again, giggling like a schoolgirl... at least that's what I do when I go there...and I saw Anthony, Austin and Maz doing the same thing. Send Kirby and Whitney all our love!
On it!! Didn't know it would take me to the age of 35 to find my people....sure happy I did! Will post up the loot as I smuggle it back to AZ. Word
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:48 am

It took me til 40 Wink
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:56 am

OinkOink wrote:
lostboyz wrote:Definitely gonna try and kit out my Germ S004 a bit more but I am pretty noob. Might have to pick up a brotha for him although I don't want to blow the budget on just that. I suppose that is the draw back of being into multiple collections. Labor of love perhaps?
Yeah they don't have the assembly gear out but they will be more than happy to show you what they have in stock with the I pad mini and they go get it from the basement. As far as brotha for him they have Oilish and fort burnout jack that I know of
That place is fucking awesome
Will be into that Oilish for sure! I saw a pic of a mini meltdown dunny on the "Green Pic" thread standing next to an Oilish. Where in the hell do I get that mini Meltdown Dunny??!?!?! I have the large one but that mini looks this shit!
Finally got the mini skeleton smorkin labbit to go with the 10inch . Having fun with this shit for sure!!
I have never had a hobby until these toys....unless you consider listenin to Slayer a hobby What a Face 
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:01 am

Im there at least once a month. Such a cool place, I hope you have a blast!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:04 am

Gatiio wrote:Im there at least once a month.  Such a cool place, I hope you have a blast!
Thanks! I appreciate it. Although I cannot say that my bank account will appreciate it. But what is it that Tom Waits said? "Money is just something you throw off the back of a train". I can dig that
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  quentdiggy Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:14 am

Go to Ginos East Pizza across the street. Best pizza in Chitown, right across the street from Roto. I love you Oh, and get the special deep dish- has capricola, all sorts of stuff, it weighs like 10 pounds. I might be serious about that. Its close. Twisted Evil 
quentdiggy
quentdiggy
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordfish Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Awesome dude, Ill be heading up there next weekend as well. Always have a blast when I go!
Swordfish
Swordfish
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

I hope you have a blast!

Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Have fun! Chicago is cool...cant wait to go back and bring my bike with me for some urban shredding/exploring. Was only there for about 20hrs and then headed east. Shoulda stayed!!
Made it out with a pretty good take. The Kaiju cabinet had me trippin and the US Toys Ultraman has been in and out of my pocket ever since. Gonna take my time with that stuff for sure. So much cool Kaiju and I could have easily spent the whole lot right there.

Kirby kicked some good knowledge and helped me come to terms with Novice Collector enthusiasm....he even helped my GF come to terms with it. HAHA
The first thing I did when I was in the store was drop a Squadt which resulted in it being in 10 pieces on the floor....Kirby was cool and put it back together for what seemed like the hundredth time. Suckers are strong! an im an idiot Neutral 

Here is what I came home with:
Terror Boys OOZE
FortBurnout
2 Marshalls
4 Bearbricks
4 Misfortune Cats
US Toys Ultraman
Mini King Walder
Micro Owl #52

Lostboyz

lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:10 am

lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:17 am

I want another one. I have developed a habit of grabbing a toy before leaving the house in the AM and always having one in my pocket...and of course his paint is wearing out a bit.
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:21 am

lostboyz wrote:I want another one. I have developed a habit of grabbing a toy before leaving the house in the AM and always having one in my pocket...and of course his paint is wearing out a bit.
When my wife and I were just dating I used to take a toy with us to dinner and put it on the table. Then I started bringing 2. 1 was me and the other was her. I'd make 'em dance n crap all over the table while we waited for food. Surprisingly she thought it was funny.
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:27 am

Awesome!!
I bring mine to work and they really do a good job at mediating bad attitudes.
Dancing with Ultraman in the Club where is counts Laughing
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  squirrel1777 Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am

afro 
squirrel1777
squirrel1777
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  geekvinyl Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 pm

going to Rotofugi this weekend What a Face

They probably wont have any Squadts, but they always have a good Coarse selection. If they have the new Omen Blinks, I'll get to see them in person.
geekvinyl
geekvinyl
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crunch Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Glad you had fun. Welcome back to the heat!
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 am

YOur out of Phoenix? I have yet to meet anyone in Phoenix that collects. However I have not been over to Lullubel in Mesa yet either. I need to get my ass down there and see if they can give me a job sonnnnnnnnnnnn!!
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 am

lostboyz wrote:The first thing I did when I was in the store was drop a Squadt [...] on the floor

LOL
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next