COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAD Emptyness

+11
Gatiio
cripery
ilovefreestufftoo
Admin
Reks36
geekvinyl
itsa_mia
ineedmoretoys
patrick40
CankleBreaker
the-Magpie
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CAD Emptyness Empty CAD Emptyness

Post  the-Magpie Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:02 am

Hi Fellows,

since a while I (and some of you) have the feeling that the traffic and communication level on CAD is vanishing. From day to day less...
I am here for more than 1.5 years now. I do not know if such times are usual but I am worried about that developement.
I see longtime collectors giving up their whole collection and try to sell all pieces here and on ebay within the last 3 month.
Also the prices for high rated grales are falling drasticly. Bought a brand new drifter - completely unpacked for under 300 $ shipped...

I was thinking about that problems over and over again for the last 4 month without a solution.
It´s sad to see that sometimes there are only 2-3 posts over a complete day in the whole forum.
I miss the old times, I miss the live and power in here.
So any ideas about the reasons?
Or suggestions what can be done to create a turning point?
the-Magpie
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

CAD Emptyness Empty Re: CAD Emptyness

Post  CankleBreaker Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:05 am

I've noticed the same thing. I wish there was more activity on the forums, but I guess thats all of our faults since we all need to contribute to have discussions and keep them on going. I'm guilty of it. I need new drop infos to spark some interests!

Some reasons may be that people are just not that interested anymore? For me when that happens I find figures to hunt down to kitbash/customize and that keeps the love alive for these figures. I like to create my own collection by bashing and painting them different colors, etc.

I think another reason for the lack of activity or getting out of collecting may be that some members give up all together and aren't as thrilled/excited becus some items are damn near impossibel to acquire and their collection won't be "complete" so they give up?

Last edited by CankleBreaker on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick40 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:13 am

Yea i have noticed that too ! And i am posting a lot i think ( sometimes i feel like i post to much ? )
And yes there are a few that are selling there whole collection , but you see that in other forums too .
For pricing , there is a Drifter on ebay for 125 euro , and still not sold ?
And i am looking at this forum more then once a day , just to check out if there is something new posted by Ferg !
I know , i am a Squadt junky Very Happy
patrick40
patrick40
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedmoretoys Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:16 am

Really, there hasn't been that much to discuss lately. silent

The last time we had a brand new Squadt in our hands was over 4 months ago back in July with the Red Jack, which was super limited and not so easy to get.

NEW SQUADTS/ACCESSORIES IN HAND = NEW PHOTOS AND MORE POSTS

Plus we don't want to piss off FERG (and other members) by everyone asking him for shipping status and release date updates every day. Very Happy

A lot of the old collectors went away with most of the recent releases being trouble and terror boys but I'm sure they will come back once the old specimens start to pick up again.

I know once the online assembly starts, this forum will be flooded with posts.

Also the economy changes all the time and some people need the money, and some people just simply find that it's time to move on to something else.

Still #CAD4L here.

Last edited by ineedmoretoys on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ineedmoretoys
ineedmoretoys
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:18 am

ineedmoretoys wrote:A lot of the old collectors went away with most of the recent releases being trouble and terror boys but I'm sure they will come back once the old specimans start to pick up again.

I think thats absolutely true too. It definitely is for me.
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  the-Magpie Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 am

You are right Cankle, that keep discussions going and take part on such things is very important to create activity in here.
Maybe that´s one point. But I guess not the only one.
It´s frustrating to see members with 3.500 posts and more leaving a „flaterate-exit“.
Gives me the feeling of beeing passanger of a sinking ship.

There were active members in here (you know whom I mean) losing their interested and doesn´t visit the forum for several month only a single time. Sad

the-Magpie
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:25 am

The lack of posts doesn't reflect member activity
If you look throughout the day theres usually 20+ lurking, watching, waiting

I blame IG, the cancer of forums Evil or Very Mad

itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick40 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:29 am

itsa_mia wrote:The lack of posts doesn't reflect member activity

I blame IG, the cancer of forums  Evil or Very Mad

yes there are a "lot" of teasers on IG !
Hope whe see more pics in the Restricted Area , maybe some production pictures / or scetches/ideas !
patrick40
patrick40
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  geekvinyl Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:31 am

Another thing about IG is that its another means of communicating about squadts. I see a lot of pics on IG that would be great on forums but its just a lot easier to post pics on IG
geekvinyl
geekvinyl
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick40 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 am

geekvinyl wrote:Another thing about IG is that its another means of communicating about squadts. I see a lot of pics on IG that would be great on forums but its just a lot easier to post pics on IG

Yep that is so true , but i still miss the awesome pictures that some guy's can make ! I only have a crappy camera and not the skills Crying or Very sad
patrick40
patrick40
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  the-Magpie Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 am

That´s true but another drastic point that makes me worry is a sudden fall of prices.
I remember offers of 350 - 400$ at the beginning of the year for a drifter.
So now 150? *what the f***???!*
the-Magpie
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 am

Tell me about it, lots of members taking huge hits/losses on figures they're selling, me included. Sad
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  geekvinyl Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:39 am

patrick40 wrote:
geekvinyl wrote:Another thing about IG is that its another means of communicating about squadts. I see a lot of pics on IG that would be great on forums but its just a lot easier to post pics on IG

Yep that is so true , but i still miss the awesome pictures that some guy's can make ! I only have a crappy camera and not the skills Crying or Very sad

you dont need a dslr to take good pics. awesome pictures are more about the composition of the photo Wink

geekvinyl
geekvinyl
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  the-Magpie Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:42 am

For sure easier - your right. But it´s not ever the easiest way to create a strong communitiy. In my oppinion it´s very important have the feeling of beeing part of „a familiy“ and have exclusive insights that other doesn´t have. And that´s exactely what makes the talk going in the resticted topic or the other threads.

The mixture of secrets, exclusive feeling, a good service and a place to celebrate the addiction.
Strathegy is a important keyword here. It´s wo hard to built such things up... but also so easy to lose it.

Last edited by artstyleclash on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
the-Magpie
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Reks36 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am

Awesome thread

Agreed I have felt this forum has been quite since I joined, figured you guys don't fuck around and post dumb shit, which is cool when you think about it:face: but can be a turn off to new collectors joining that are very excited (ME) but you learn and figure it out:lol:

I check every hour or maybe more on CAD every day Laughing

I'm still very excited for Squadts and any thing related but just being smarter about it and really thinking do I really want it or just buying it because, I have sold some of my collection recently because of that, I don't need doubles and random shit, narrowing it down?

And it don't help when you find new shit too (3A) Got damn gas masks What a Face

CAD is dope but it has an acquired taste some people come off rude when their just trying to help, shit I've done it:lol:

Any way that's my two cents:toob:
Reks36
Reks36
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 am

artstyleclash wrote:

That´s true but another drastic point that makes me worry is a sudden fall of prices.
I remember offers of 350 - 400$ at the beginning of the year for a drifter.
So now 150? *what the f***???!*

The forums have been up and down since the beginning of CAD. The same can be said for squadt aftermarket prices. There have always been corrections. I see that as a good thing.
All toy forums are getting less traffic at the moment, and its been happening for a while. It's a reflection of the state of the scene in general. There are numerous contributing factors. Best policy is to not to be too reactionary..case in point: I looked at that drifter on ebay after i saw your post. That seller doest even have it in hand, so of course it hasn't sold. Things like that aren't a reason to 'worry'

There will be no shortage of (hopefully) exciting squadt releases coming up. Something for everyone. plenty of OG type releases and new specimens as well. I feel like that will stir up some energy here. I will try to post more information and images as well, as I know that contributes to CAD being a fun place to hang out. I will admit it's hard sometimes, as Playge is pretty much a one man show (on the US side)..although things are changing in that regard. Cool stuff is on the horizon. I really do appreciate the constant support throughout the years. I probably don't say it enough..you guys are what makes this happen. I am grateful. CAD4LYFEz!1

Last edited by Admin on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the-Magpie Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:22 am

Admin wrote:I will admit it's hard sometimes, as Playge is pretty much a one man show..although things are changing in that regard. Cool stuff is on the horizon. I really do appreciate the constant support throughout the years. I probably don't say it enough..you guys are what makes this happen. I am grateful. CAD4LYFEz!1

Dear Ferg,

thanks for your respons on that topic. As I mentioned some weeks ago: There is no other forum in the scene where i feel more welcome and sheltered like here. At least that´s the earnings of your great and honest support and service and the great CAD family. So If there is anything we can do to support you and that forum - and I do not mean only through our addiction - let us know.
For my share I am an expert in brand communication and designing emotional values (my own company honored for that specialization by the federal government 2 weeks ago) - maybe it could be relevant at some point.

Last edited by artstyleclash on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 am; edited 3 times in total
the-Magpie
the-Magpie
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedmoretoys Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:26 am

Admin wrote:

as Playge is pretty much a one man show..although things are changing in that regard.

Where can I fill out a Playge application?  Very Happy  violent
ineedmoretoys
ineedmoretoys
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  geekvinyl Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 am

I have money. Will that help?

You could always post what you are working on and we could always give our opinions on it.
geekvinyl
geekvinyl
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 am

geekvinyl wrote:I have money. Will that help?  

yes, please send money...lots of money.

just kidding of course. please just continue to support the releases that you like.  sqube
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick40 Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

This is why i love this forum better then others . Great and awesome boardie members !
And Ferg that alway's try to help and commend on things !
I will be collecting these guy's for a long time and looking forward what cool stuff there will be in the future !

Keep it comming Ferg clap
patrick40
patrick40
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:29 pm

You also have to take in account to other forms of communication. I talk to a lot of squadt collects via phone/text, messengers with overseas members and of course email. Its easier to communicate with these methods for a lot of members, especially when others don't want to be slammed for their opinions. let's face it some members don't get a long...
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:38 pm

I've never been a copious poster but I do check in most days and contribute when I feel I've got something to say.  I think the reasons for a perceived lack of activity on the forums recently are varied and not necessarily anything to be too concerned with.  As Ferg points out these things are often cyclic and as some members/collectors move on others are always appearing.  Personally, I'm no less enthusiastic now than when I discovered my first Squadt and always love to see what's being planned for the future along with members mods/customs/collections/pictures etc..

I'm a member of a couple of other non-toy related forums and it _seems_ that Internet forum usage is maybe declining a little across the board.  As others have pointed out, there are so many options for communicating nowadays (from FB & IG to more private stuff like mobile instant messaging) that is always going to take traffic away from forums.  The huge surge in use of mobile devices especially must be making an impact and this forum is a little clunky to use on a mobile device.  I know there are plugins like Tapatalk that some forums use which make them much more mobile friendly but I thing Ferg's hands are tied a little with that kind of thing as I don't think the hosting provider supports it: http://help.forumotion.com/t112204-tapatalk#735215. , http://help.forumotion.com/t67490-tapatalk-mod

All that being said, I'm a massive fan of forums because of their focus.  They're great because you know everyone has got stuff to talk about and contribute because of a shared interest/love/addiction! This forum in particular does seem to attract some really cool people and I've made some great friendships which first started through this forum.  I know I am a little guilty of posting stuff on IG myself and not posting here, just from a convenience point of view.  

So, I'm sure if we all make a little more effort and Ferg just keeps on doing what he's doing then this place will be as a-buzz as it has been in the past! I, for one, am super excited about the new assembly details, .50 Squadts etc.. etc..

As for the prices thing... - well I only wish that prices were more at this level when I was trying to complete my collection... It's a great time to be jumping on board and to start collecting Squadts what with the surge in new releases and the availability/affordability of older releases.

#CAD4LYFE !  What a Face
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 pm

I check and lurk the forum a lot.

The waves of activity come and go. As for releases and people getting worried about their toys not getting as much money as before, I can only say: HAHAHA, suckers.

Its toys, c'mon peeps. If youre super worried about your toys not fetching insane amounts of cash on flipbay, youre in this for the wrong reasons.

I still purchase Squadts, albeit I do it trough retailers, since I keep striking out at online releases. and everytime I get a box its still super fun.

On the IG note, I stopped posting photos of my toys there because (much like here) people started DMing me about selling toys and it became more of an annoyance. I ended up going private and deleting a bunch of random followers.

I check the forum because I like the interactions here. Also, this has got to be one of the most accepting toy forums out there and the friends I've made here have probably made some of the most important contributions to my knowledge of the hobby and the most important toys I own.

I say just ride it out and a new crop of rottencrotches will join and n00b questions will abound again and everything will come full circle.

#CAD4LYFE
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Illusive Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:22 am

Gatiio wrote:Its toys, c'mon peeps. If youre super worried about your toys not fetching insane amounts of cash on flipbay, youre in this for the wrong reasons.
Couldn't agree more with this line!
Illusive
Illusive
CAD Born Again Hard

http://trampt.com/users/illusive/have

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: