COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one.

+12
EL PADRINO
MadMex
BigC
jaysea420
colbert
DannyCassette
Quiz
dreamattack27
Assburrito!
ASPrintingPress
whacko
Mendez
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Empty Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one.

Post  Mendez Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 am

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Ryd_ywah

Priced at $180

Love Mark's art, just don't know about this and how to display it at that.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Empty Re: Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one.

Post  whacko Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:22 am

It looks like a lumpy Dildo with eyes & ears.

BigC will probably want this one... (unless its too small?)
Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Empty Re: Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one.

Post  ASPrintingPress Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:24 am

Seriously of all of his cool paintings this is what he pics to make a sculpt of? WTF, and you knew it would be priced out of hand. No thank you Mr. Ryden, peddle your wares somewhere else.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 am

$180 is too much for that. It's different, but he has so much better work to have a toy made of. Not very impressed.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:35 am

I like it, it's more art sculpture than toy. Price is a bit high, but qc looks good and depending on the run size, it might be able to justify it. Still, he could have chosen a better figure.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Quiz Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 am

pass for me...
Quiz
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 am

Maybe the dildo is for the one in the back, she looks like she could take it:

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Justth10

But seriously, with a pretty impressive portfolio like Mark Ryden has, this toy (art sculpture, whatever) is pretty underwelming.

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Mark-r10

Mark Ryden's YHWH Vinyl Figure..can't make up my mind on this one. Markry10
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:29 am

It would be kinda cool if somebody gifted this to me, but I just can't bring myself to buy it. I've got too much Jamungo to buy!!!!
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 am

I have to agree with Wacko. He has SOOOOO many better concepts for this to be his first vinyl. It looks like an over-sized accessory.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am

Those would be VERY complex pieces, and very difficult to mass-produce. They would be amazing, mind you.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 am

Cool, but the picture is enough for me. Don't think I would own that. Besides my cat would just see it as a scratching post.
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:38 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Those would be VERY complex pieces, and very difficult to mass-produce. They would be amazing, mind you.

I have seen some Japanese figures that are at least as detailed if not more than the girls in the paintings and they are "mass" produced (although that is the wrong term, since mass-produced means thousands, and in art toy terms you are talking about a thousand but usually a lot less). Don't forget that he is charging $180 for this thing...

He doesn't have to recreate a scene, but just one girl in a static pose would have been fine. The pumpkin-headed guy woulda been cool, or even the fucking bunny from the first painting or the devil headed dog from the last would have been more representative of his popular art than the "I-See-U Dildo."
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 pm

in this case the beauty is not in the simplicity of the design.

has this been released? Or is this being released as part of the show with Johnny Crap at the end of this month? I've been trying to find a pic of the toy they are releasing at that show.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 pm

That pic has not been leaked as of yet. There was a lot of print leaking over at GP the other day though.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:56 pm

They made 2000 of that hunk of pink crap, damn he's gonna make a mint.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 am

ASPrintingPress wrote:They made 2000 of that hunk of pink crap, damn he's gonna make a mint.

yea, just saw that as well and was going to post. $350,000.00 edition!
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:35 am

colbert wrote:
ASPrintingPress wrote:They made 2000 of that hunk of pink crap, damn he's gonna make a mint.

I think the price is quite high considering the fairly large edition size.
I think its quite high considering its a big pink dildo too.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 am

whacko wrote:
colbert wrote:

I think the price is quite high considering the fairly large edition size.
I think its quite high considering its a big pink dildo too.

possibly they feel the dual usage justifies the price. 17", oh my
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:48 am

whacko wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:Those would be VERY complex pieces, and very difficult to mass-produce. They would be amazing, mind you.

I have seen some Japanese figures that are at least as detailed if not more than the girls in the paintings and they are "mass" produced (although that is the wrong term, since mass-produced means thousands, and in art toy terms you are talking about a thousand but usually a lot less). Don't forget that he is charging $180 for this thing...

He doesn't have to recreate a scene, but just one girl in a static pose would have been fine. The pumpkin-headed guy woulda been cool, or even the fucking bunny from the first painting or the devil headed dog from the last would have been more representative of his popular art than the "I-See-U Dildo."
By definition, mass-produced refers to the way in which something is made, not the amount which are made. And yes, it can be done, I never said it couldn't. I just said it would just be very complex.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  jaysea420 Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:16 am

price is way to high.... with shipping it comes to $201 for me.... $21 shipping?!?? are they serious???
yeah passing on this one....
2,000pcs is way too much of an edition size for the $180 +$21 price tag imo
and i like almost all ryden's stuff and have a few of his books

i kinda think he just wanted to make something easy and charge a lot for it.
i don't see how the sculptor could have charged him much for the sculpt... being it a big pink dildo with ears.
but i can see mr. ryden (who charges like a grand for a fucking print) trying to make as much money off his fans as he can...

yeah the man's brilliant with the brush but i just can't bring myself to buy it.

i would have in a heart beat if it came with the girl.... but then again if it came with the girl it would have probably been another $300+ on top of the $180 so even then i probably wouldn't have gotten it.

sorry to say it but this will probably be it for marky in the vinyl industry,
which is a shame because i would have liked a little vinyl Lincoln or a butcher bunny.

but i gotta say the box is damn nice!

Very Happy
jaysea420
jaysea420
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.yzzerdd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 am

weird
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 am

dreamattack27 wrote:
By definition, mass-produced refers to the way in which something is made, not the amount which are made. And yes, it can be done, I never said it couldn't. I just said it would just be very complex.

mass-pro⋅duce
  /ˈmæsprəˈdus, -ˈdyus/ [mas-pruh-doos, -dyoos]

–verb (used with object), -duced, -duc⋅ing.
to produce or manufacture (goods) in large quantities, esp. by machinery.

For $180 they can put some fucking effort into it.

tongue
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:20 am

whacko wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:

mass-pro⋅duce
  /ˈmæsprəˈdus, -ˈdyus/ [mas-pruh-doos, -dyoos]

–verb (used with object), -duced, -duc⋅ing.
to produce or manufacture (goods) in large quantities, esp. by machinery.

For $180 they can put some fucking effort into it.

tongue

Exactly my point. Note that it says only large quantities, and not what number constitutes said quantities. It refers to the style, generally utilizing assembly line techniques or machinery. 2000 is a pretty large quantity. Personally, I am willing to bet that these are not made one at a time by someone at a desk. Either way, I never referred to the price in my post, as it is irrelevant. I was merely defending my use of the term. bounce

I would love to see the girl with the scene inside her hollowed-out dress. I think that would not be feasible except as a sculpture. Pulling a vinyl version of most of those figures would be pretty damn tricky. But if they pulled it off it would be amazing, I'm sure. Very Happy
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:56 am

what's your point again?
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 am

The point is..... RIGHT HEEEAH!!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next