COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS?

+20
ASPrintingPress
colbert
Stingers
Assburrito!
dreamattack27
jaysea420
Quiz
fender
riddlped
jorester
BigC
Mendez
CumSquadts
ontheDL
darkghost973
wpaarts
Colossus of Destiny
Crow
ezramyl
EL PADRINO
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS?

Post  Crow Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Stingers wrote:Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS? - Page 2 Halloween_chipp_skelsuit
This been posted anywhere yet ?

Well, yes... in a alot of places actually
Try checking the Squadt Forum area
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for debate: SQUADTS > BUDS?

Post  colbert Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 pm

i've been digging the squadts, but i am jones'n for S3 buds. anxious to see a custom squadt.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 am

More of everything please. Maybe we can work out a trade, plasma for Jamungo.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Stingers Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:24 am

Crow wrote:
Stingers wrote:[img][/img]
This been posted anywhere yet ?

Well, yes... in a alot of places actually
Try checking the Squadt Forum area

I thought it must have but must have looked at pretty much every thread other than what I was in !
Oh well , don't like reposts but they are sweet at least .
Stingers
Stingers
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Buds, Skllbuds, Squbes,in that order. I don't own one Squadt, just not feeling them. Actually I feel a little out of place on the C&D boards lately because of the feeding frenzy over Squadts, and congrats to Ferg I hope he makes a mint.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:57 pm

The segmentation of tastes on this board is interesting. My first Jamungo product was the O.G. Crappy Cat, and I now have every Crappy Cat, and every Squadt. The Skllbuds are cool, but I am one of the few that actually doesn't love Buds as a platform toy. I have a few - mostly Ferg & VanBeater designs that match the larger toys*, but a lot of the guest artist designs are kinda meh.

*If I had pics I'd post 'em but: the smiley face BOTM with it's head backwards looks really good in between the 'Die Fuckers' Squadt set, the Gohst & Perp Serp look good w/ the Gohst Squadt, the Backscratch & Beaterman figures look good w/ my collection of Crappy Cats (hadta' catch 'em all!).

Oh, and Squbes rule. Wish I could afford more.
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:36 am

I am digging Squadt's but am concenred with what direction they will go long term, I already think there needs to be more helmet sculpts, else they are just going to be the same in different gear, if you get my drift, so after a while I'll have 20 jacks goshts, nozzles etc., a bit boring dare I say?
But then maybe Ferg has lots of ideas to keep us on the edge like midnight Jack....sooooo coooool
I prefer nades to buds
Were it not for the 3"ers then, I wouldnt be here,
Sqwerts I never really dug, but have them all bar blanks Rolling Eyes
As I am not likely to customise these myself, blanks never really excited me in any format , again bar the white artist 3 " nade and bud, still looking for these.
Large Buds and Nades are cool, as said previously the bigger sculpt makes them more impressive to display, maybe kill off the small guys and bring out a series of 8"ers instead,
Skllbuds are super cool and the only crappy cat I really feel for is the latest beater, although I do not own him, but I have a mono which I haven't even opened the box and the original colourway one, I sold without displaying or opening the box Embarassed
Not into prints, so that about sums me up right at this moment in time.
Oh GID I LOVE regardless of figure format.
and I forgot I LOVE squbes and have all the small guys to date, and that's more probably cos they is Skulls and I dig Skulls What a Face ☀
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I think that there is a lot more that can be done with the current 5 Squadt helmet sculpts, and I am in no rush for there to be new ones. I mean, the clothing, weapons, colors etc. all change from figure to figure within the sculpt. Lots of possibilities.

As far as making a mint, I definitely hope you're making some money these, Ferg. Although from what I've seen and after talking to other artists, I don't know how the hell you can be making money off them considering the price and size run! Shocked
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Crow Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Although from what I've seen and after talking to other artists, I don't know how the hell you can be making money off them considering the price and size run! Shocked

Stop givin ideas. I can't afford higher prices Neutral
Crow
Crow
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:09 pm

BUDs, Squadts, Crappy Cat, Sqwerts in that order.

BUDs got me into collecting vinyl in the first place and so far nothing that Jamungo has released since then has been quite able to measure up in my heart (although I love Crappy Cat & Sqwerts too!)

I think Squadts are damn cool and I am happy with my complete collection so far, but I agree that my shelves are starting to look like a lot of the same toy with different guns. I can't wait for Midnight Jack to arrive and Nozzel 02 was a standout among the Launch Party but without some more sKulpts to mix it up (and I am not talking K11) I am afraid that they may grow stale before a whole lot longer. The Halloween stuff look great tho!
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:55 pm

whacko wrote:BUDs, Squadts, Crappy Cat, Sqwerts in that order.

BUDs got me into collecting vinyl in the first place and so far nothing that Jamungo has released since then has been quite able to measure up in my heart (although I love Crappy Cat & Sqwerts too!)

I think Squadts are damn cool and I am happy with my complete collection so far, but I agree that my shelves are starting to look like a lot of the same toy with different guns. I can't wait for Midnight Jack to arrive and Nozzel 02 was a standout among the Launch Party but without some more sKulpts to mix it up (and I am not talking K11) I am afraid that they may grow stale before a whole lot longer. The Halloween stuff look great tho!

squbes don't even get honorable mention?

and i agree about more skulpts. i'm excited for the copperhead squadts to mix it up.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:I think that there is a lot more that can be done with the current 5 Squadt helmet sculpts, and I am in no rush for there to be new ones. I mean, the clothing, weapons, colors etc. all change from figure to figure within the sculpt. Lots of possibilities.

As far as making a mint, I definitely hope you're making some money these, Ferg. Although from what I've seen and after talking to other artists, I don't know how the hell you can be making money off them considering the price and size run! Shocked

My guess is because the squadt's basic design is so simple it probably doesnt take alot to produce compared to lets say a coarsetoys paw or something of more complex design. The stuff that probably makes them costly is the custom clothing. I mean that has to be all hand made stuff.

Wonder if each squadt run costs over 10k, from other toy designers talking on rotofugi i heard vinyl is fairly costly for a run of like 50-100 if your design is complex and about 6-9 inches. But im sure ferg is probably getting a good price on production costs with three zero.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Regardless of the simplicity of the design, vinyl is extremely expensive. All that I can think is that the bodies are pulled en masse in the main 3 colors and the colors of the eyes are put in after the fact, leaving the clothing and weapons as the main expense.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 pm

colbert wrote:
squbes don't even get honorable mention?

and i agree about more skulpts. i'm excited for the copperhead squadts to mix it up.

I don't own any Squbes. I never got into them.
Perhapes when the Playge Squbes start showing up I will pick them up.

dreamattack wrote:I think that there is a lot more that can be done with the current 5 Squadt helmet sculpts, and I am in no rush for there to be new ones. I mean, the clothing, weapons, colors etc. all change from figure to figure within the sculpt. Lots of possibilities.

I agree that there _can_ be a lot of variation among the Squadts. However with the release of QPMNT packs I think one of the main differentiating factors of the toys, the weapons & clothing will be less important. Also I am getting a little bored with the colors so far. Black, white & grey is getting a little stale. Some possible future GID ones look nice, but since all the Squadt are painted their colors it would be cool to see army green, camo patterned or even Bright Red Squadts. What I am really waiting for are the more exotic releases, like a set of clear squadts with clear helmets because something like that woul dbe damn hot!
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Regardless of the simplicity of the design, vinyl is extremely expensive. All that I can think is that the bodies are pulled en masse in the main 3 colors and the colors of the eyes are put in after the fact, leaving the clothing and weapons as the main expense.

Squadts are painted their final colors, they are not molded in those colors.
Nozzel 001 is actually white vinyl underneath the black paint. Chipp 002 is black under the gray.
Don't ask how I know this cyclops
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Interesting, I never looked that closely, I assumed that they were bare vinyl. In that case it definitely seems more feasible. Personally, I don't have a problem with the colors they have been produced in. The accessories make them interesting.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Clear would be amazing, but I think they would have to be produced in Japan. From what I've heard China can't produce quality clear vinyl.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 pm

ThreeZero produced the Red & Clear Gasmask BUDs...
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I seem to remember there being some significant issues with the red ones, no? I think they got all melty.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:I seem to remember there being some significant issues with the red ones, no? I think they got all melty.

yeah, mine Red bud is quite "soft" and the slight bit of heat will warp it.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 pm

clear vinyl wouldn't be possible with squadts. I wont go int the technicalities as to why but basically it would require all new molds to produce them in clear. also DA is right. Japan is the only place to get quality, stable clear vinyl.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:21 pm

Heat will make any vinyl soft, try leaving a blank 9" BUD in the backseat of a car for a while.
I have had no real problem with either of my clear gasmask BUDs and they both look awesome.
My Grayscale Crappy Cat on the other hand fell over because his foot bent upwards from the weight of holding up his huge head... a few minutes with a blow dryer and he was fixed though.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:35 am

whacko wrote:Heat will make any vinyl soft, try leaving a blank 9" BUD in the backseat of a car for a while.
I have had no real problem with either of my clear gasmask BUDs and they both look awesome.
My Grayscale Crappy Cat on the other hand fell over because his foot bent upwards from the weight of holding up his huge head... a few minutes with a blow dryer and he was fixed though.
That is so odd, mine has the exact same issue with the foot. Also, my clear have had no issues. I was just noting the material.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 am

For the Grayscale CrappyCat I just heated the ankle with a blow dryer while bending the foot down. Once the vinyl got soft enough that I could bend the foot well past where it originally was I help it in place and let it cool off. Once it was fully cool I stood it back up and pushed down on the foot until it sat flat again. So far so good. None of my other CrappyCats have had this problem.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 am

i didnt even know they had clear vinyl, i thought all clear designer toys were just plastic. I like the squadt releases so far, but i'd love to see an all red edition, been actually thinking of painting a midnight jack all red and dying the clothes red as well with alittle airbrush liquid paint to bring out the color.. The clothes will most likely be stiff as hell but i think would look pretty sick.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next