COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom

4 posters

Go down

Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom Empty Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom

Post  Mendez Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:28 pm

After many trials and errors I have finally found a gallery space at the heart of Art Walk First Fridays. Name is still in the works but the location is 906 N 5th Street. It is five doors down from Pravus and Perihelion galleries whom host artists such as Sket-One (current), Ron English, Yoskay Yamamoto, DECK III, and many other cool shows. I will offer artists their usual gallery/artist percentage(if not better than their used to) and rider fulfillment. My main focus is to educate and broaden the art view here in Phoenix. We have one of America's largest Art Walks and I have the opportunity to bring what I love to it. The space has asked me if I could put something together for November 6th First Friday which is obviously impossible to coordinate a quality one man show. Shows will run for the full month. Please PM me your details and I will hit you back with email and more info. Thank you all for your consideration.
-Frank

Read more about Art Walk:
http://phoenix.about.com/cs/enter/a/firstfriday.htm

A little about myself:
Frank Mendez (Mendez / Iowatest / He Can Read)
Web: http://www.evilbase.com
I have been very fortunate as a dj, producer & event coordinator all my life. Everyday I am grateful. Over the last five years I have been helping develop Phoenix's First Friday Art Walk by throwing events and bringing in djs to entertain the art crowd. I was the promoter and dj for Fate/nextDOOR/NINE|05 which housed most of the dancing/hipster crowd till 2AM. I would like to now apply my many years of producing shows to hosting "lowbrow" artists at my own gallery. Collecting many pieces of art and designer vinyl, I believe it's time to step up from collector to dealer.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom Empty Re: Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom

Post  Colossus of Destiny Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 am

Awesome! I'm in AZ and I'll definitely come check that out sometime. I'm looking into learning to screenprint, and starting some custom toy work soon as well, so maybe I'll submit some stuff ... once I'm at a point that I'm proud of anything I create!
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom Empty Re: Calling all artists , 2d & Scuplt/Custom

Post  colbert Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

sounds like a natural progression for you, and also sounds like you got a prime location. Good luck with your endeavor.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:13 pm

swizz beats lives out there sometimes. surprisingly hes a great 2d painter.
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down