COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunnys..I don't get it.

+4
ontheDL
whacko
BigC
DannyCassette
8 posters

Go down

Dunnys..I don't get it. Empty Dunnys..I don't get it.

Post  DannyCassette Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Im not what you would call a huge vinyl toy collector...jamungo is pretty much the girl for me. I've looked around but just don't really see anything that catches my eye.

I see the dunnys are super popular...to me I don't get it. The shape, lack of accessory, and just all around not a toy for me. Is it me, am I just missing out on the appeal of them? Am I alone here on this?
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Dunnys..I don't get it. Empty Re: Dunnys..I don't get it.

Post  BigC Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:35 am

DannyCassette wrote:Im not what you would call a huge vinyl toy collector...jamungo is pretty much the girl for me. I've looked around but just don't really see anything that catches my eye.

I see the dunnys are super popular...to me I don't get it. The shape, lack of accessory, and just all around not a toy for me. Is it me, am I just missing out on the appeal of them? Am I alone here on this?

I like a few of them, but I did get carried away.....I need to have a sale.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:48 am

For non-Jamungo toys (aside from Transformers Wink) I generally shop by artist. Aside from the work Kozik has done on the BUDs and the busts he has done, I don't really care for his work all that much although his name floats around a lot when looking for vinyl toys. I have a few of his toys but aside from BUD & Nade Troopers they are not my favorite.

I like the Jeff Soto Qee figures, and I have a few of those. I want some of his terrarium series since that form is perfect for the figures he represents on them, and they relate very well to his paintings.

Aside from that I might pick up a few toys if I like the style they are done in, but like Danny said, Jamungo is pretty much the girl for me when it comes to vinyls.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:39 am

JLeds Finders Keepers started me out with collecting. Then dunnys came right after that. Its pretty easy to get caught up in the dunny craze when you're first starting out. I'm currently in the process of selling off all my 3"ers. Keeping just a few 8"ers that I really like.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 pm

The Finders Keepers are great toys! I, like most people, got caught in the dunny craze. I have some 8"er's, and a ton of the little ones. I will probably keep a majority of them, but I am thinking of selling off my tattoo series set. I've got all of them except the Matt Rinks. I love the Azteca series. The designs are great!!! Since I started collecting Jamungo I've definitely slowed way down on the KR stuff. They will have nice figs every once in a while, but lately it seems they are just making a lot of lame stuff. Instead of buying everything in sight, I've cooled down, and I now only buy it if I really like it.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:39 pm

I love the Tattoo series, it's the only one I bought cases of, and the only one I have completed. Never was a big Dunny person, and I don't buy 3" Dunnys anymore, but if i like a design I'll buy it!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:56 pm

i love dunnys, the older ones where better, but some designs still just rule
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:03 am

I agree completely. All hype aside, it is still a good platform IMO.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  philnjill Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:16 am

I'm still a Dunny collector - but I hate their chases. I've never ever pulled a decent chase. And I won't pay scalper prices for them. So I have no complete series Sad
philnjill
philnjill
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:15 pm

only time I pulled a chase is when I bought two cases of tattoo series, and that was only because each case was guaranteed to have one of the two!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:11 pm

philnjill wrote:I'm still a Dunny collector - but I hate their chases. I've never ever pulled a decent chase. And I won't pay scalper prices for them. So I have no complete series Sad

I'm in the same boat! I pulled a Koralie out of a French series case & a Nick Baxter out of a Tattoo series case, but that's about it.
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down