COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital!

+8
wpaarts
fender
Eric
ASPrintingPress
Mendez
Admin
BigC
ezramyl
12 posters

Go down

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Empty Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital!

Post  ezramyl Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:00 pm

I read on Twitter this morning that Andy who runs the blog Toysrevil has had a partial stroke just a few hours ago and is now in an isolation ward. I visit Toysrevil all the time, and Andy is a super nice guy who really keeps everyone informed about what's going on in the toy community. Here's hoping he gets well soon!! Crying or Very sad
ezramyl
ezramyl
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Empty Re: Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital!

Post  BigC Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm

ezramyl wrote:I read on Twitter this morning that Andy who runs the blog Toysrevil has had a partial stroke just a few hours ago and is now in an isolation ward. I visit Toysrevil all the time, and Andy is a super nice guy who really keeps everyone informed about what's going on in the toy community. Here's hoping he gets well soon!! Crying or Very sad
OH no!!! I hope he recovers as well, or better then my Grandma.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Empty Re: Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital!

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Andy is the best of the best. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Sad news, but at least he's still with us. His sister is on his FB giving us updates. Looks like he's recovering well.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:52 pm

DAMN! I hope everything turns out ok.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Empty get well

Post  Eric Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 pm

I read that early this morning. Some of Andy's posts about not sleeping, eating right and smoking have always worried me about his health. I hope he recovers. He turned me on to a lot of cool stuff these past few years! Get well Andy!!
Eric
Eric
CAD Special Forces

http://http:www.aftimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Damn. Hope a full and speedy recovery for andy. Does anyone know how old he is? Him having a stroke really seems unreal.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 am

Sad
Let's hope he recovers fast What a Face
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocash138 Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 am

wpaarts wrote:Sad
Let's hope he recovers fast What a Face

ditto Sad
Nocash138
Nocash138
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 am

Not familiar with him but its never good to hear that sort of thing about anyone .. Hope he recovers! sqube
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 am

WHAT??! I hope he recovers quickly, thankfully he is still alive. If strokes don't kill you outright you can usually recover. That is crazy. How old is he??
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimby Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 am

dreamattack27 wrote:WHAT??! I hope he recovers quickly, thankfully he is still alive. If strokes don't kill you outright you can usually recover. That is crazy. How old is he??

30-35...don't know his precise age Sad

I talked with couple of people in Singapore, maybe we will manage to organize fund raiser for him...flowers, fruits, greetings cards..to show that he is missed and loved.

I will post here details, if we will manage to come up with something.
Gimby
Gimby
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 am

So young!!!!
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimby Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:37 am

dreamattack27 wrote:So young!!!!

Sitting lots of hours in front of the PC (especially at nights), will do horrible things with your health and screw up your biorythms. For real.

I'm doing 12 hours shift at my work + stuff for threeA and in last year, I feel that I need to change something in my life (get more fresh air, walk more with my dog and etc).
Gimby
Gimby
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 am

I know, but regardless of lifestyle, that is really young for a stroke.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ezramyl Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 am

One of my coworkers had a stroke at 27 - that was crazy. He seemed in perfect health too. Luckily, he has recovered for the most part, he just can't drive.

I hope Andy has a speedy recovery!
ezramyl
ezramyl
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Empty update

Post  Eric Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Dear friends,

Andy is very touched by the response which he has read from printouts. He accepts the offer of gifts from friends all over the world, comprising of people whom he loves and admires in turn. As a family, we appreciate these expressions of love and generosity in this time of crisis and accept the plans you have kindly rolled out in aid of our son and brother.

Andy retains his lucidity and sense of humour, although he drifts in and out of consciousness due to the dizziness he still experiences and the cognitive tests they need to do every other hour. There is some areas of impairment but we continue to believe for complete recovery.

The family remains vigilant until his medical condition stabilises and he is no longer required to stay in the Acute Stroke Unit. Please continue to send prayers and love over the next few days.

Here is a quote from Andy, in response to all your messages:

“Thx everyone for your support. I hv trouble speaking, my right side is numb & mobility is limited. I might still type with one finger, haha…just that I hv an extremely hard time focusing. I’ve experienced my first feeding via tube with milk today. And they braid my hair in hospital.”

Andy From Toysrevil is in the Hospital! Tumblr_lalm59YapV1qes1zdo1_500

Thank you again for sending the army of love to my brother. He misses the community too.

Yours truly,
Cindy Heng
(sis Toysrevil)

Eric
Eric
CAD Special Forces

http://http:www.aftimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimby Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 am

We made small fund raiser at 3A forum...
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=636.0

If you want to participate and do something for Andy, please go to www.vinylhearts.com , CrisR created this site and personally responsible that every penny end up in Andy's pocket.
Gimby
Gimby
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 am

That's really great, I will be making a donation. Hope that everyone else here that is able will also do something to help.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down