COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: 9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND

3 posters

Go down

WTB:  9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND Empty WTB: 9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 am

Hey everyone,

I need three white 9" Blank Buds for a custom project. Anyone have any they would part with?

Prefer US due to shipping cost.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by gregm on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WTB:  9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND Empty Re: WTB: 9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 am

if they are for customs you should use the grey ones. ...easier to find and cheaper.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

WTB:  9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND Empty Re: WTB: 9" White Blank Buds.......FOUND

Post  jorester Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 am

Admin wrote:if they are for customs you should use the grey ones. ...easier to find and cheaper.

gregm wrote:
I have several. Problem is they are dark and the colors I want to use will look different on a dark base. I tried priming one white but it still isn't bright white which really helps the final color pop. I'll go with the grey if I have to but wanted to try and get white if I can.

Cool
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:54 am

crazy talk. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  jorester Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 am

I hope that it will find 3 bud white to satisfy its perfection !! bom
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 am

Admin wrote:crazy talk. Very Happy

Not crazy at all when you are using bright colors like yellows, purples, blues, reds and especially neon's.

Have done enough painting to know, just happens I used car paint instead of spray cans. Doesn't matter though, concept is still the same.

I have a white blank that has not been primed and it is way brighter than the grey one I primed. If you are looking for a certain result, takes extra effort to get it sometimes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:55 am

i haven't had any problems getting a bright white base over the grey. ...just takes a few coats.
what paint are you using?
Admin
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:19 am

Nope, never had that problem either. Actually I prefer the gray for customs.
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 am

Admin wrote:i haven't had any problems getting a bright white base over the grey. ...just takes a few coats.
what paint are you using?

It's a Rustoleum white primer. Was recommended by a friend and well known custom artist. What do you like to use?

I put two coats on it but was concerned that too much plus the color coats would cause the arms to rub the color off when moved. Over a white base, very little primer is needed.

It isn't any big deal, not like I have people beating down my door to sell me white blanks. Just thought it was worth a try as so many more were made. Seems logical to me that artists would choose a white base over the gray and isn't that sort of proved by the fact there are plenty of gray blanks to be had and hardly any white? Two to one ratio made and the whites are the hard ones to find.

I have enough gray blanks to do the project, and will likely end up using them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I love Rustoleum. Tamiya is the shit as well.

The white blanks were released a couple of years before the grey. ..when the whites started to get hard to find, we released the grey. cyclops
Admin
Admin
FERG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Admin wrote:I love Rustoleum. Tamiya is the shit as well.

The white blanks were released a couple of years before the grey. ..when the whites started to get hard to find, we released the grey. cyclops

Guess I just didn't coat it well enough, thought it was pretty well covered. I'll try another coat or two and see how it looks.

Thanks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down