COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie*

+5
edstuff
mazdevilz
Ballou34
chiprender
dan-knee rock
9 posters

Go down

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Empty Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie*

Post  dan-knee rock Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Just a real simple custom I made yesterday.
Edit: Just made a beanie for him.

I painted the helmet, body and arms a tan color. Painted the clear lens with clear red. The head itself was painted with flat black, I did however mess up the first time, had to clean it all up and ended up taking away the eyes Crying or Very sad .... hence he's blind

I also weathered the gun a little bit.

Please excuse the light, the colors are darker than captured on camera.

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Squadtbeanie

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Squadt6

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Squadt5

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Squadt7

Last edited by dan-knee rock on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

http://www.fittedhawaii.com/hanahou/

Back to top Go down

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Empty Re: Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie*

Post  chiprender Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie* Empty Re: Blind Tactical Desert Fort Burnout *added a beanie*

Post  dan-knee rock Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks Chip! I'm actually excited to bring this little guy out for some photos
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballou34 Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Nice custom, very simple but it adds a nice touch to the Fort Burnout Pac.
clap
Ballou34
Ballou34
CAD Grunt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ballou34/

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm

that's sweet looking!!!! cheers
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Simple but flawless execution. Well done!
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:25 pm

dan-knee rock wrote:Painted the clear lens with clear red

What did you use? I've been looking for a way to paint the clear lenses for a while now.
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:00 pm

You have a few different ways to do this:

1. Film tint: You will have to wrap the film around the lens and then cut them.
2. Bottle paint: Hobby paint companies usually have a clear paint. You can use a paintbrush to lay it down, but I find this to be streaky and the consistency sucks
3. Spray paint: this is my preferred method. The same hobby paint companies make the clear paint in spray can. You can usually spot which can it is because it will have a clear color for the top. Spray the INSIDE of the lens, not on the outside. You can also get a can of DUPLICOLOR ANODIZE paint at Pep Boys or Autozone. I usually use Tamiya Spray paint...it will run you 6-7 bucks
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 am

Cool custom job!! It looks great Smile
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  LonerStoner Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm

edstuff wrote:Simple but flawless execution. Well done!

thats the best part, simple and stays true to the squadt feel....
LonerStoner
LonerStoner
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am

What'd you paint the body with???
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Spray paint, but don't cheap out and get stuff like Testors..I use Tamiya. You can use a paintbrush, but when covering larger surfaces, I like to use spray paint.

For small details, I use bottle paints. I've used Mr Hobby paint which is better than Tamiya bottle paints in my opinion.

Be sure to clear coat when you're done to protect it from possibly getting any scratches. However, I clear coated the body and the helmet, I didn't clear coat the head. I've been taking off and putting on the helmet a bunch and doesnt seem to scratch.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 pm

dan-knee rock wrote:Spray paint, but don't cheap out and get stuff like Testors..I use Tamiya. You can use a paintbrush, but when covering larger surfaces, I like to use spray paint.

For small details, I use bottle paints. I've used Mr Hobby paint which is better than Tamiya bottle paints in my opinion.

Be sure to clear coat when you're done to protect it from possibly getting any scratches. However, I clear coated the body and the helmet, I didn't clear coat the head. I've been taking off and putting on the helmet a bunch and doesnt seem to scratch.

I want to try this sometime but I'm scared of ruining the eyes lol any tips on covering them?
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 pm

You have to be a master of masking, you can mask the eyes individually using those small circle label stickers that everyone used to play with as a kid, or you can mask off both eyes and then some of the head, spray paint the head, then spray the paint into a jar and use a paintbrush...be careful cause you really need to have solid paint brush control.

Or you can just mask around the eyes and make it look like it's wearing a face mask under the helmet.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 am

dan-knee rock wrote:You have to be a master of masking, you can mask the eyes individually using those small circle label stickers that everyone used to play with as a kid, or you can mask off both eyes and then some of the head, spray paint the head, then spray the paint into a jar and use a paintbrush...be careful cause you really need to have solid paint brush control.

Or you can just mask around the eyes and make it look like it's wearing a face mask under the helmet.

I may have to give it a try man Very Happy We'll see though haha.
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Made a little beanie for him!
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm

dan-knee rock wrote:Made a little beanie for him!

Nice beanie man!
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 am

What a Face
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down