COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to try first custom

+6
Crunch
henry17s
manny
ilovefreestufftoo
Gatiio
Skullyton85
10 posters

Go down

Want to try first custom  Empty Want to try first custom

Post  Skullyton85 Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

So not very good artist but wanted to paint one of my squadts. Do you guys know any good tips for prepping painting them?
Skullyton85
Skullyton85
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Want to try first custom  Empty Re: Want to try first custom

Post  Gatiio Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 am

make sure you prime and seal the paint. other than that, anything is game. good luck!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Skullyton85 wrote:So not very good artist but wanted to paint one of my squadts. Do you guys know any good tips for prepping painting them?

In the same boat lol.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Skullyton85 Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:22 am

D you need to strip anything off first? I really don't want to screw up a perfectly good squadt. I just want to paint my gassed squadt flat black
Skullyton85
Skullyton85
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Skullyton85 wrote:D you need to strip anything off first? I really don't want to screw up a perfectly good squadt. I just want to paint my gassed squadt flat black

Take the body apart. then tape of the joints. Use testors spraypaints. I found those to work the best. Patients is a must let it dry completely before you touch it. With squadts you really dont need to prime
manny
manny
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  henry17s Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:27 am

I have no idea about Squadt.
But for dunnys, primer makes differences.
henry17s
henry17s
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 am

This all depends on what paint you use and the condition of the Squadt you are painting.

Will just explain how I did it, YMMV.

Stripped all painted parts with Acetone. Washed thoroughly afterward. Once clean, do not touch the parts with your bare hands. Used Monster Kolor spray can silver right on the bare vinyl. Worked fantastically. No matter how hard I have tried have not been able to pull the paint off the vinyl.

If you are using other brands of paint then the best thing is to experiment and see what works best. Rustoleum primer is the bomb on vinyl, and it is a good idea to prime with most paints.

HTH. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Skullyton85 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:14 am

gregm wrote:This all depends on what paint you use and the condition of the Squadt you are painting.

Will just explain how I did it, YMMV.

Stripped all painted parts with Acetone. Washed thoroughly afterward. Once clean, do not touch the parts with your bare hands. Used Monster Kolor spray can silver right on the bare vinyl. Worked fantastically. No matter how hard I have tried have not been able to pull the paint off the vinyl.

If you are using other brands of paint then the best thing is to experiment and see what works best. Rustoleum primer is the bomb on vinyl, and it is a good idea to prime with most paints.

HTH. Smile

Sweet thanks for the info!! I'm still nervous about trying it but I'll be sure and post pics if I do!!
Skullyton85
Skullyton85
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 am

Skullyton85 wrote:Sweet thanks for the info!! I'm still nervous about trying it but I'll be sure and post pics if I do!!

Either pick up a NKD Nozzel just for this or grab something like a munny to practice on first.

I wouldn't paint any of my Squadts that weren't specifically for customs!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crunch Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 am

gregm wrote:
Skullyton85 wrote:Sweet thanks for the info!! I'm still nervous about trying it but I'll be sure and post pics if I do!!

Either pick up a NKD Nozzel just for this or grab something like a munny to practice on first.

I agree with this, Everytime I see a custom squadt that isn't a Jack or Nozzel I think, that makes it that much harder for someone to get that one. Retail or not they don't make many of these.
Crunch
Crunch
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:06 am

Crunch wrote:
gregm wrote:

I agree with this, Everytime I see a custom squadt that isn't a Jack or Nozzel I think, that makes it that much harder for someone to get that one. Retail or not they don't make many of these.

Guess I better not post any of the other customs I have in the works. pale
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 am

gregm wrote:
Crunch wrote:
gregm wrote:

Guess I better not post any of the other customs I have in the works. pale

The way I see it is... whether I purchased a squadt for a custom or not it is mine and it is not going anywhere, so it is harder for someone else to get them regardless.
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 am

Going to have to agree with maz completely on that one...we've had this discussion before on the board if a squadt is already in a collectors hands its up to them what they want to do with it, and if that's turning it into a custom by all means do so nothing should stop them from it. Its already one piece down from a run of squadts anyways if they never planned on selling it
el_payaso_loco
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:31 am

Crunch wrote:
gregm wrote:

theyre your toys, you can do as you please with them. I cant recall the last time I was thinking about someone else and his long trek ahead trying to find that specific toy that I was so selfishly hoarding.

that said, I do understand that some people consider the rarity of the piece a factor to keep it in their collections.

its all a matter of taste, no?
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:35 am

I've heard this argument before. And I'm sorry but once a piece of art is sold it no longer belongs to the artist. The buyer can do whatever they please with it.
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  NDB747 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

It's all fun & games until someone takes some Krylon glitter blast paint to an S1 Nozzel.
NDB747
NDB747
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am

NDB747 wrote:It's all fun & games until someone takes some Krylon glitter blast paint to an S1 Nozzel.

Very Happy THIS. hahaha. so true.
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  el_payaso_loco Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:09 pm

NDB747 wrote:It's all fun & games until someone takes some Krylon glitter blast paint to an S1 Nozzel.
ok yess i agree with this, that's like holy grail
el_payaso_loco
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down