COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed?

5 posters

Go down

Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed? Empty Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed?

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:34 am

As many of you know, SDCC is this week and I'd like to know if I should just bring sharpies or buy paint pens to get my vinyl signed? What do you guys suggest?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed? Empty Re: Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed?

Post  ontheDL Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 am

Gotta be real careful with paint pens because they're very easy to smudge when the signature is fresh. I'd just stick with a sharpie.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed? Empty Re: Best type of pen for getting your vinyl signed?

Post  MagnumManipulator Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 am

I agree. You can't go wrong with Sharpies. They dry quick, and don't smudge like other paint markers do.

Good luck, and enjoy SDCC! Smile
MagnumManipulator
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks guys. Picking up Sharpies tomorrow.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Just to update. I got something signed for a member on here at SDCC. Sharpies do not work well on whatever material the Young Gohst is made out of. It smears.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  RockNRoll Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Just to update. I got something signed for a member on here at SDCC. Sharpies do not work well on whatever material the Young Gohst is made out of. It smears.

Sofubi I think it's called... Damn a shame.
RockNRoll
RockNRoll
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:26 pm

sofubi is a term meaning soft vinyl.
It's a type of vinyl (plastisol) used in japanese (and other) toy production. It is basically a liquid form of vinyl that is cured by heat to form a solid.

A sharpie should work fine but you need to give the sharpie some time to dry or it will smudge.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnumManipulator Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:40 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:Just to update. I got something signed for a member on here at SDCC. Sharpies do not work well on whatever material the Young Gohst is made out of. It smears.
It's cool ilovefreestufftoo! YG still looks fucking awesome!! What a Face
Thanks again for picking one up for me! Very Happy
MagnumManipulator
MagnumManipulator
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks for knowledge!

@Magnum... You're welcome.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down