COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS

+5
Gatiio
iron paw
ilovefreestufftoo
mutantshark
blindboxx2334
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS

Post  blindboxx2334 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:24 am

some more WIP pix. been busy with a lot of other things and the buff customs im also trying to get done.. got 3 more cats to strip and decapitate. these heads are a BITCH to get off. Mad

hopefully i can start sculpting this week! What a Face What a Face
Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS - Page 2 8180862511_53c3743a82_z
Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS - Page 2 8180898790_ee36eb17c3_z
Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS - Page 2 8180864849_924de2da42_z
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking apart LMFC *COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY* w/ CUSTOMS

Post  iron paw Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 am

I like that they still have a tint/shade of the color they used to be. It would be pretty awesome if you could incorporate that in some how.
iron paw
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm

yeah they all do have their own color. i believe the head that i had all three eyes filled in turned into this GID color and it started slightly glowing in the dark after i stripped it, it must have had some reaction between the acetone and the paint because it wasnt a GID cat to start with..
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  iron paw Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm

blindboxx2334 wrote:yeah they all do have their own color. i believe the head that i had all three eyes filled in turned into this GID color and it started slightly glowing in the dark after i stripped it, it must have had some reaction between the acetone and the paint because it wasnt a GID cat to start with..

damn dude! made your own exorcism cat!
iron paw
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 am

hahahaa, sadly i dont like the backwards head idea.. idk just seems weird to me.

but i will be doing atleast 2 satan/possesed kittehs. i like satan and i think that theme will fit in great with this platform.

im actually drawing up ideas for my possessed cat. really excited for that one! Twisted Evil
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 am

blindboxx2334 wrote:hahahaa, sadly i dont like the backwards head idea.. idk just seems weird to me.

but i will be doing atleast 2 satan/possesed kittehs. i like satan and i think that theme will fit in great with this platform.

im actually drawing up ideas for my possessed cat. really excited for that one! Twisted Evil

what if you reversed the arm (that holds the knife) down and gave the kitten a crutch?? Like it's an injured kitty lol.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 am

old man kitty.. hahahaa

i was playing with his arm last week. i tried to see if i could find a decent way to put a gun in his hand, or other objects not shaped like a sword and i couldnt find a way to not make it look weird, so ill see what i can do about the cane but other than that im sticking to sharp objects going through his temple. lol

kinda glad it didnt workout though, it just looked super un-natural and weird. all good though as i have plenty of ideas to try out still.
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 am

blindboxx2334 wrote:old man kitty.. hahahaa

i was playing with his arm last week. i tried to see if i could find a decent way to put a gun in his hand, or other objects not shaped like a sword and i couldnt find a way to not make it look weird, so ill see what i can do about the cane but other than that im sticking to sharp objects going through his temple. lol

kinda glad it didnt workout though, it just looked super un-natural and weird. all good though as i have plenty of ideas to try out still.

First cane or crutch you do I call dibs!!
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 am

hahaha. okay, ill see what i can do. thanks for the idea!
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  comixguru Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 am

What kind of glue/adhesive do you recommend to put the eyes/tongue/sword back with? I've never taken apart a toy before so this is new territory for me Smile
comixguru
comixguru
CAD Grunt

http://comixguru.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jorester Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 am

comixguru wrote:What kind of glue/adhesive do you recommend to put the eyes/tongue/sword back with? I've never taken apart a toy before so this is new territory for me Smile

http://www.loctite-instantadhesives.com/?FOLDERID=30805

looks here , Alice !!! i use this one !!!!

Cool
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:15 am

i use a loctite super glue too. its a gel type super glue. i honestly couldnt tell you what the difference is between the regular stuff and the gel stuff i use.. but just about any loctite or gorilla glue super glue will work. (theyre both good stuff)

kinda related, when i go to re-attach my kittys heads i will be using a 'plastic weld' epoxy that i found at ace. ive only used it on little stuff around the house, but nothing on vinyl toys. but i know it will work, and its really good stuff. from what i read on the label its pretty much perfect for attaching vinyl to vinyl, or anything else to vinyl.

blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  comixguru Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks for the tip! Just bought some Locite from amazon Smile
comixguru
comixguru
CAD Grunt

http://comixguru.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 am

Any updates on this?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

ive been slacking super hard (on the cats), ive been busy painting other figures and such..

i need to start working on my cat again.. although im not going to do any if i cant get permission from ferg to do them outta resin.. ive already moded the hell outta a few bodies (shaved necklace, tail, chinese symbol, etc), its time consuming.. and am not doing that all over again, and again, and again just for a few..

i need to get my first one finished and primed then pitch the idea to him so i atleast have something to show him.. if it doesnt make it past that part, ill just have one custom lmfc for sale.. lol

sorry i dont have better news. Sad
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 am

Its often better to just make your own stuff, man.

I dont think Ferg would mind a whole lot if you took a few cats an customized them, but then making a master sculpt, molding it and then casting it for, what it seems to me, profit, would not fly.

Be thoughtful of this. imagine you make a toy, just to have some random joe take it, "customize" it and then sell it as runs, you would appreciate that, right? These arent munnies. One thing is a one-off custom and a different matter is taking another persons template and running with it.

Then again, Ferg has the last word, hahaha.

Good luck with the project, I look forward to more pics of it!
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ianthegamer Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 am

from what I read he has full intent to contact Ferg on the matter if he were to proceed with a resin cast of a specific custom.
So I dont think there is any foul nor harm in that.

As for the custom cat. Cant wait to see it. I really wish these things had more customs. i love the figure.
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 am

You guys both have very good points.

Although let me clear something up gat, I only plan to do one 'variation' and a Max of 15-20, mainly because the body and head are somewhat modified, although your point is very valid and I understand what your saying completely. Hell I'd cut Ferg a part of the check. I just think I have some halfway decent ideas and would like to see them in real life versus my head.

Money is nice, but its not about that. Trying to explain that to my friend who wants to 'help' me with resin casting doesn't seem to get that and is driving me nuts (he just wants $$). With that said, I feel like I've said too much already without backing up my claims of a Satan cat (so that's all I'm saying until I can get some real progress done). Looks like I need to get off the boards and get to work on that cat again Wink

And I agree Ian. Too bad there's not more lmfc customs out there..
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ianthegamer Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:28 am

well darn. I had an idea for a custom and freaked as soon as i remembered yours. I was gonna do something with a pencil in the head as well. Dont know if I want to step on toes even if its not the same idea as yours. Hmm lol. darn scratch
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  blindboxx2334 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 am

by all means! no worries at all.. so far the only one i know i want to do 100% is the satan cat.. those drawings that i posted earlier in this thread were just some quick ideas that i wanted to jot down before i forgot them..

just make sure if you do make one to post it here Wink
blindboxx2334
blindboxx2334
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2