COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece

4 posters

Go down

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece Empty WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece

Post  moodydoom Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 am

So the Luke Chueh piece sold out fast and didn't make it to the over the phone sale.

If anyone decides to let theirs go, please keep me in mind.

thx.
moody

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece 8145961804_f3500ba4a0_z
moodydoom
moodydoom
Pyle

http://www.moodydoom.com

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece Empty WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece

Post  iron paw Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 pm

damn dude saw some jerk off get in line 3 times to buy this one thrice, fucking flippers man. I didnt think about calling him out, was to busy buying only ONE of each i wanted.
iron paw
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece Empty Re: WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece

Post  moodydoom Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:27 pm

So they allowed multiple buys on the same figure? That's pretty damn silly.

I really don't get what flippers get out of it. It's such a small amount of cash for so much work.
moodydoom
moodydoom
Pyle

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece Empty Re: WANTED: Luke Chueh Super Suck Up piece

Post  sirbeanward Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm

moodydoom wrote:So they allowed multiple buys on the same figure? That's pretty damn silly.

I really don't get what flippers get out of it. It's such a small amount of cash for so much work.

Maybe, but if you look on evilbay, some Luke's figure are going for $350+! They buy 3 for $300 total and make over $750 for doing nothing but selling it to a real collector. I agree, it's b.s., but it's a decent return if you don't mind being morally questionable.
sirbeanward
sirbeanward
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  moodydoom Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm

These days, i find toy prices on ebay totally unrealistic and I don't think stuff necessarily moves at those prices. I can't see anyone paying a 3x markup on Luke's piece so soon after its release. Especially when any toy lover with half a brain - and a little impulse control - will know to hit up forums first and just be a little patient- I think those Chueh fleabay figs will stay there for a while.

It's a really sad state of affairs on ebay for toys at the moment. I find myself buying more and more on forums because prices on ebay are so out of touch with the actual value of the piece. I guess the best way to combat flippers is for fans who frequent forums to try and hook up fellow fans at fair prices. Thankfully places like this exist ; )

I did come across this site this weekend - http://expressobeans.com- It seems like a resource for checking the sales prices of items. (based off of ebay sales). I might be late to the game on finding this site though. Always good to have an idea of the actual market value is on a piece.
moodydoom
moodydoom
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  sirbeanward Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

No, I didn't exactly mean to imply that the figures would go for those prices. But, considering not everyone is as patient or as smart or just doesn't have access to or knowledge of forums such as these, I can see why flippers do what they do. I obviously hate it, it hurts the collectors only, and wish it wouldn't be the case, but I was just trying to state why it happens. If someone is that desperate, they will pay those prices and continue the cycle. All we can do is boycott them.

Anyway, good luck finding one of the suckadelic Luke figures that's not ridiculously priced!
sirbeanward
sirbeanward
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  moodydoom Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

lol. thanks! I see your point. You just need to look at the Joe Ledbetter Dcon piece selling on Ebay to realize folks will buy stuff at ridiculous prices. One of those things we all have to live with I guess.

moodydoom
moodydoom
Pyle

Back to top Go down

Post  iron paw Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

If the bastard is going to resell it and make 30 dollars on top of cost, fine. But this asshole was like jizzing in his pants while getting his third Luke. Leave the the goods for the fans you bastard.
iron paw
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm

well... a PK mockbat just apparently went for $900. and if we start talking about nags, then thats another beast altogether.

Buyers market right now, man. it really is. Rolling Eyes
Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  iron paw Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:46 am

I muled a Mock Bat from Dcon, im not trying to toot my own horn, but im glad some of us still have some fucking decency.
iron paw
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down