COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs

+2
Colossus of Destiny
ianthegamer
6 posters

Go down

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Empty Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs

Post  ianthegamer Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 am

SO I bought a Doc S001 squadt off the bay for a steal due to some scuffing cause by the mask. As everyone knows some squadts have scuffing issues due to the masks being a bit tight. I Decided to make a mini tutorial on how to solve the issue:

Here are some pics of the item before i cleaned it up. There were some deep scuffs that scratched the paint which of course cant be fixed so keep in mind this is in regards to paint scuffs caused by the mask not deep scuffs that eat through the paint of the head:

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Smudg1
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 4-3
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Smudge3
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Smudg2

so those are the issues for the most part. There was major scuffs on the back of the head as well however the seller didnt take pics of that and I didnt think of taking before pics before cleaning it up.

steps:

Buy the magic Eraser sponge from any store that caries cleaning supplys. I bought the original single sponge:

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0842

next break off a piece since you wont be using the whole thing:

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0843

now wet the sponge and work on the scuffs. I even worked on the printed eyes as well (gently of course) and it seems to work pretty well.

Results:
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0836
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0839
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0840
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0838

now to preserve the head i bought plastic wrap to wrap around the head before putting the mask back on:
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0844

here is the result once done:
Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs 101_0841

i had a troubleboy 45 with bad paint scuffs as well and on the face near and on the eyes. Same rules applied and I was able to make it as close to good as new as possible. For the troubleboy I even popped the eye lens out and stuck the mask in the oven at 200 degrees for about 3-4 minutes to get it soft and work out the mask a bit to make it have a bigger opening (worked)... I would have done the same fro my doc however I couldnt pop off the lens

Last edited by ianthegamer on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Empty Re: Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs

Post  Colossus of Destiny Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 am

ianthegamer wrote:I even popped the eye lens out and stuck the mask in the oven at 200 degrees for about 3-4 minutes to get it soft and work out the mask a bit to make it have a bigger opening (worked)... I would have done the same fro my doc however I couldnt pop off the lens

Use a blow dryer.
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs Empty Re: Using Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean off squadt scuffs

Post  ianthegamer Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

thanks. will do. hopefully this helps others see that scuffs arent the end of the world
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 am

just know that those doc lens are glued in when u try to take em out
(think its fair assumption that any squadt without replacement lens are glued, not sure why really)
they will come out with the help of hair dryer like colossus said but sometimes paint will come off in the spot where its glued
just go slowly and carefully

good write up, nice detailed pics clap

meister proper uber alles cheers

itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ianthegamer Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am

kinda figured so when my attempts failed. ill just use the hair dryer to soften the mask a bit to try and shape it bigger
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Good tip w/ the plastic wrap. I shall suffocate all of my Squadts now!
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  ianthegamer Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 pm

ha ha. Thatll stop them from moving around.

Note on the plastic wrap. I popped off the head and tuck the excess plastic in the grove so when I put the head back on the plastic is nice and snug and wont untwist. Seems to work well. I will be doing it to all my squadts bought second hand. The new ones seem to come already protected with a nice thicker plastic
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Takemaru Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 am

Thank you Ian, I will keep that in mind for my incoming squadts.
Takemaru
Takemaru
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  JEEMAC Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 am

Damn nice work. Looks a lot better
JEEMAC
JEEMAC
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down