COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Printing

4 posters

Go down

3D Printing Empty 3D Printing

Post  lostboyz Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 pm

How does everyone view the 3D Printing revolution and any theory's on how it will affect the collector toy? Once these printers become household items I am curious to know if customs toys will start to pump out and drive down the value of classic made toys. Just a thought and would like to know how my fellow Collector Comrades are feeling. Could open up a new medium for sure.
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

3D Printing Empty Re: 3D Printing

Post  Patrickkellyx Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:00 pm

This is an interesting idea!  I wonder if the original makers such as Ferg will some now figure out how to embed an authentication chip to ensure collectors are getting the real thing? Will certainly make some of them mad at first:mad2:
Patrickkellyx
Patrickkellyx
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

3D printing and rotocasting is a totally different process and I guess the materials will feel and react different as well. Vinyl is the basis and I hope that doesn't become a printable medium because then we're obviously fucked...
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  lostboyz Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Haha! I heard that couzin....3DP's that could pump out vinyl would be lame! The more I look into the process the more intriguing it becomes. You definitely gotta have your shit together when taking the steps to create your own toy. The Classic way is definitely a respectable art in my opinion and would love to try some Rotocasting after getting the entire process down. Just ordered up an SKJ Wax Pen....wax is no easy task for someone with no sculpting ability whatsoever. Hope to at the very least come out with something that doesn't look like a bad Mr. Hankey....no doodoo pies. Glad to see the topic pickin up some steam. TOYS RULE
lostboyz
lostboyz
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:53 pm

JasperF wrote:I hope that doesn't become a printable medium because then we're obviously fucked...

Although the Squadts won't be easily to bootleg - the clothes aren't printable and are complicated to make.
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down