COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty Boy Toyz

5 posters

Go down

Pretty Boy Toyz Empty Pretty Boy Toyz

Post  ADintheworks Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:15 am

Hey everyone!

So a little about myself my name is Ethan (ADintheworks) and I'm 24 years old and from a little coastal town in Connecticut, i work 6 days a week as a bartender at a local sports bar and to be honest I am very unhappy on the path the my life is heading. I have always been one for art, I paint, sculpt, photograph, design and so on and so forth but over the years I started to give up on art thinking that I can never make a living with it. Just within this last year I've come across designer toys and it 100% re sparked my intrastate in that arts. The community that craftsmanship the creators and even just the raw art of it is just amazing. Squadts are the only toy that I personally collect thus far but i love it they are so simple but so complex at the same time, the community here is amazing everyone that i have dealt with so far just want to help as best they can, Ferg is great he is there for the collector and actually talks and puts his 2 cents in and that's what I am all about. So here is the break down Pretty Boy Toyz is a "company" that i am looking to start up where i will be selling my own creations and prints and such. Right here right now is the first that I have mentioned it to anyone and that's because i would like to showcase my stuff to you all and get your brutally honest opinions and advice on my work and if you think i can make it. If it works out and I do launch my first toy with success i will be leaving my job to pursue this full time with hopes of feeling joy and fulfillment with my life and work.

I just want to thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advise that you may give. I will be slowly posting pictures of some of my rough work on here to see what you think and sorry for poor photo quality most of them will be posted just forma iPhone. I just want to also let it be known that this is the first time that i have ever attempted to do anything like this so most of the work unless otherwise specified is as rough as rough can be. More along the lines of rough concept art.

Ethan
ADintheworks
ADintheworks
CAD Grunt

http://artfuldonation.com/

Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Toyz Empty Re: Pretty Boy Toyz

Post  ADintheworks Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:23 am

Here is "Sucker" he is going to be apart of my Warrior Whales collection the whale its self was poured using casting clear which i am finding that i am really not a fan of especially because it is such a harsh raw chemical until it hardens. If anyone has any other suggestions on a good pour able alternatives I am all ears!

Pretty Boy Toyz Secure10

and i know the paint on this is real spotty but once again this is just because I am just trying to throw my ideas out there to see what everyone thinks and then from there i will take everyone's advise and make a more cleaned up piece
ADintheworks
ADintheworks
CAD Grunt

http://artfuldonation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatiio Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 am

Awesome, Ethan. Do you have a website or fb to look at?

I know for a fact that a lot of 'big' toy designers out there do this on the side and while it does pay after some time, it can take a while and it does not always cover all of the bills. So whatever happens, dont lose faith man. What a Face

Im glad you started a thread and then we can all give some criticism and enjoy your work.

Best of luck! I look forward to hearing more about your project.

Gatiio
Gatiio
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.oscar-gonzalezdiaz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 am

Gatiio wrote:Awesome, Ethan. Do you have a website or fb to look at?

I know for a fact that a lot of 'big' toy designers out there do this on the side and while it does pay after some time, it can take a while and it does not always cover all of the bills. So whatever happens, dont lose faith man. What a Face

Im glad you started a thread and then we can all give some criticism and enjoy your work.

Best of luck! I look forward to hearing more about your project.

What he said... It takes time and dedication there will ups and downs. Stick with it, constantly push yourself to the next level, and do what you love and everything else will follow.
manny
manny
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dedicatedart Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 am

Good luck man =) .warrior whales , should just go all out and make them look like warriors with armor and the squid also have like a spear its holding that would be cool .... or make its like ink is shooting out if it and use translucent paint on the ink Twisted Evil
dedicatedart
dedicatedart
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrickkellyx Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Great start to acting out the dream! I think you have taken it to the next level that only some of us (not me included...yet) would like to.

Keep moving forward. Who know you may need to start your own forum to keep all of your avid fans satisfied !
Patrickkellyx
Patrickkellyx
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down