COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK?

5 posters

Go down

CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK? Empty CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK?

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 am

Hey Guys,

Just a bit confused, I started displaying some of my Squadts on my new shelves and I noticed that my Halloween Chipp's Skelsuit is black (the skeleton) and not GID. I assumed that when I bought it the original owner blacked it out. But I've been asking a couple of members and they're saying theirs is black and other saying theirs is GID.

I'm wondering if the black dye is going through the GID skeleton?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK? Empty Re: CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK?

Post  funkin Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:09 am

funkin
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK? Empty Re: CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK?

Post  itsa_mia Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 am

i had 2 and both were definitely black
i think ur right about the dye seeping thru
it never occurred to me before

its weird that his feet dont turn black as well

CHIPP S3 'HALLOWEEN SKELSUIT' GID OR BLACK? Jljk004_zpsede4c4c7
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:14 am

LOL,

Thanks for the link funkin.

ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  funkin Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:17 am

I don't have one of these guys but Google and a little boredom at work.. thought the info would help, but from Itsa's pic it looks like time has taken its toll on Chipp
funkin
funkin
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:19 am

its his dark soul

\m/ Twisted Evil What a Face Twisted Evil \m/

Last edited by itsa_mia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Im a dumbass =p)
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chase1319 Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:20 am

Maybe try washing it. Throw in a sock and run it threw a wash cycle and hang dry. Always curious if they are washable.
chase1319
chase1319
CAD Too Buku

http://albinotacoshop.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 am

My Chipp is just as bad as Itsa. Sad 
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  AngieP Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 am

As a dyer of all sorts of fabrics/wools/cottons, etc, I'd suggest hand-washing any such toy clothing, not machine washing- a lot of industry toy/non-wearable fabrics will have the dye run really REALLY badly (as they're not meant to be washed multiple times like our clothes). And, black is tricky at the best of times, a lot of fabrics (even our clothes) are over-dyed to get the blackest blacks, leaving extra dye that can transfer to skin, or in this case vinyl. Hand washing in cold water using a minimum of detergent should allow you to control most of the colour-loss. Also, skrinkage (which as we ALL know is not a good thing, wacka wacka Wink)

As for the transfer of the dye to the "skin"... looks like someone might need to design some tattoos on that poor fella, bring all those marks together in some sort of design. Can't imagine doing anything else other than painting over, but then you'd lose the GID and texture.
AngieP
AngieP
CAD Grunt

http://www.angellapowell.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down