COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDCC exclusive thread

+6
Quiz
dreamattack27
DannyCassette
whacko
jorester
BigC
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SDCC exclusive thread - Page 2 Empty Re: SDCC exclusive thread

Post  Mendez Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 am

whacko wrote:
Mendez wrote:Guess I'm the only Coarse collectors not feeling the Spectrum PAWS . I'm actually sick of same figure, different color, no design change or accessory items. Had enough of that collecting Dalek. I'm glad people like Jamungo keep coming up with new characters and accessories.

I never really got into the PAWS at all.
The black & white ones were very cool looking.. but they were just statues.
I don't think that they really count as toys. Limited edition sculpture yes, but toys no.

These colors just don't do anything for me either. The colors just make them seem.. less menacing? I dunno. The original colors made the figure seem strong, but these colors just don't seem to help the figure much. I can't say anything bad about them, but they just aren't as "cool" looking I guess. Kinda like Arnold Schwarzenegger in a clown suit.

well said
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:05 am

Mendez wrote:
whacko wrote:
Mendez wrote:Guess I'm the only Coarse collectors not feeling the Spectrum PAWS . I'm actually sick of same figure, different color, no design change or accessory items. Had enough of that collecting Dalek. I'm glad people like Jamungo keep coming up with new characters and accessories.

I don't think that they really count as toys. Limited edition sculpture yes, but toys no.

These colors just don't do anything for me either. The colors just make them seem.. less menacing? I dunno. The original colors made the figure seem strong, but these colors just don't seem to help the figure much. I can't say anything bad about them, but they just aren't as "cool" looking I guess. Kinda like Arnold Schwarzenegger in a clown suit.

well said

I feel the same. I tried to like them, but the price made me sit back and think about it. Although a few giant ones would look cool guarding my house!
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

I like them, I like the colors. Multiple colorways never bothered me much as long as they don't get excessive. $400 is a lot of money and I'm still gunning for them, but if I miss out I won't be too bummed. I want that Luke Chueh head, though. Must have it. also the Labbit and the black lucky cat.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 am

dreamattack27 wrote:I like them, I like the colors. Multiple colorways never bothered me much as long as they don't get excessive. $400 is a lot of money and I'm still gunning for them, but if I miss out I won't be too bummed. I want that Luke Chueh head, though. Must have it. also the Labbit and the black lucky cat.

Yeah I sent a mule for the Celsius , Chueh head and the Black Cat. I wanted that Labbit until I realized it's a 6" not a 10"
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 am

Mendez wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:I like them, I like the colors. Multiple colorways never bothered me much as long as they don't get excessive. $400 is a lot of money and I'm still gunning for them, but if I miss out I won't be too bummed. I want that Luke Chueh head, though. Must have it. also the Labbit and the black lucky cat.

Yeah I sent a mule for the Celsius , Chueh head and the Black Cat. I wanted that Labbit until I realized it's a 6" not a 10"

lucky fuck....those are two of the four I want, but probably won't get.

Thank one thing I really wanted got fuckin cancelled.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Assburrito! wrote:
Mendez wrote:
whacko wrote:

well said

I feel the same. I tried to like them, but the price made me sit back and think about it. Although a few giant ones would look cool guarding my house!

Price is definitely a consideration as well. If they were $20 each I would probably have a whole set.
But $400 per figure is a lot of money for something that doesn't even explode Wink
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm

whacko wrote:
Assburrito! wrote:
Mendez wrote:
whacko wrote:

well said

Price is definitely a consideration as well. If they were $20 each I would probably have a whole set.
But $400 per figure is a lot of money for something that doesn't even explode Wink

I believe $400 is the price for all 3 as a set.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Still to much money to get me interested.
How much were the original colors? I remember them being too expensive to really catch my interest as well.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 pm

whacko wrote:Still to much money to get me interested.
How much were the original colors? I remember them being too expensive to really catch my interest as well.

$128
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2