COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make sure your car is p or n before starting it

5 posters

Go down

Make sure your car is p or n before starting it Empty Make sure your car is p or n before starting it

Post  BigC Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 am

I dropped my kids off at music today and I usually have them walk in front of the parked cars, because most people do not look at kid level when backing out of a parking spot. So some kid had one of those remote control things that starts their car. But the idiot left his car in gear. It jumped forward into the parking pole. 10 seconds later and at least one of my kids would have been pretty fucked up. I stayed surprisingly calm when I saw him. He didn't even realize he pressed the button. End of story.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Make sure your car is p or n before starting it Empty Re: Make sure your car is p or n before starting it

Post  jorester Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:02 am

the lucky is with you !
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Make sure your car is p or n before starting it Empty Re: Make sure your car is p or n before starting it

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 am

That is ridiculous. That is a very serious flaw in the design. It ought to be looked at.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 am

i hate those damn remote starts Evil or Very Mad fuckin lazy assholes
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 am

I love the remote starters. I live in sub-zero temperatures at least 30-40% of the year. I go up to the window, start the car to warm it up, and by the time I get dressed it's warm and ret to go.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMex Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 am

That sounds like a serious design flaw or a bad install that bypassed the neutral safety switch. Suspect

Most cars will not start unless in Park or Neutral. If something ever happened to my kid because of someone's stupidity, I think I'd have to rent a wood chipper and feed them into it slowly joint by joint.

I'm glad your kids are ok.
MadMex
MadMex
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 am

MadMex wrote:That sounds like a serious design flaw or a bad install that bypassed the neutral safety switch. Suspect

Most cars will not start unless in Park or Neutral. If something ever happened to my kid because of someone's stupidity, I think I'd have to rent a wood chipper and feed them into it slowly joint by joint.

I'm very surprised at how calm I remained.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 am

MadMex wrote:That sounds like a serious design flaw or a bad install that bypassed the neutral safety switch. Suspect

Exactly. That never should have happened, and I think that the above reaction would be completely reasonable.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down