COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toys in the Attic 2010

+11
fender
wpaarts
Attila The Dan
ezramyl
dreamattack27
Colossus of Destiny
Donwoo2
whacko
BigC
Motowaver
colbert
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Toys in the Attic 2010 Empty Toys in the Attic 2010

Post  colbert Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:13 am

awww shit, they're up. really like ChuckU's

http://www.toysintheatticshow.com/budauctions/

Toys in the Attic 2010 Chucku10
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Toys in the Attic 2010 Empty Re: Toys in the Attic 2010

Post  Motowaver Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 am

I'm liking a few of those customs, goad's sperm nade and Jeremy regan are my top favs
Motowaver
Motowaver

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:22 am

Motowaver wrote:I'm liking a few of those customs, goad's sperm nade and Jeremy regan are my top favs
Welcome to our gentle loving community....hehehe
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:32 am

BTW my favs are Brian Collins and Regan
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 am

Some awesome customs in there, some very awesome customs.
I am surprised this wasn't passed around the board earlier, considering they are custom BUDs by some very talented artists. Also surprising since Ferg donated a case of Series 3 to the cause. Way to get the word out Ferg Wink.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Motowaver Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:22 am

BigC wrote:
Motowaver wrote:I'm liking a few of those customs, goad's sperm nade and Jeremy regan are my top favs
Welcome to our gentle loving community....hehehe
Thanks bigc Smile
Motowaver
Motowaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Donwoo2 Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:11 am

just expanded my christmas wish list, awesome!
Donwoo2
Donwoo2
CAD Recruit

Http://www.inthemo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:41 pm

really like the fact that Tenebrini took and posted so many pics of each piece. the more i look, the more i like collins'. the details and different creatures are pretty cool. a great group of customs all around. what happened to piece #12, looked like there was supposed to be a Kozik?

Also, just noticed the run of artists at Rotofugi next year. Ferg then Kozik then Andrew Bell then Jay Ryan. cheers
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 pm

colbert wrote:really like the fact that Tenebrini took and posted so many pics of each piece. the more i look, the more i like collins'. the details and different creatures are pretty cool. a great group of customs all around. what happened to piece #12, looked like there was supposed to be a Kozik?

Also, just noticed the run of artists at Rotofugi next year. Ferg then Kozik then Andrew Bell then Jay Ryan. cheers
shhhh
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:49 pm

colbert wrote:really like the fact that Tenebrini took and posted so many pics of each piece. the more i look, the more i like collins'. the details and different creatures are pretty cool. a great group of customs all around. what happened to piece #12, looked like there was supposed to be a Kozik?

From what I recall, there was supposed to be a Kozik at the Reconstructing Misfortune show too. Frank is either a busy guy or lazy as hell. clown
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Donwoo2 Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 pm

so did anyone here get one of these? I almost had the Dan Springer got outbid in the final 3 minutes while I was AFK. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I won't feel nearly as bad about it if I lost to someone on the boards though.
Donwoo2
Donwoo2
CAD Recruit

Http://www.inthemo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Donwoo2 wrote:so did anyone here get one of these? I almost had the Dan Springer got outbid in the final 3 minutes while I was AFK. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I got one but thankfully it wasn't me that outbid you.

Toys in the Attic 2010 Rocket_bud
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Donwoo2 wrote:so did anyone here get one of these? I almost had the Dan Springer got outbid in the final 3 minutes while I was AFK. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

that would have been me, Donwoo. sorry, but it is going to a good home. it was the first auction out of the group and that piece was high on my list. i also picked up Bryan Collins' and ChuckU's.

most of these actually sold for bargain prices. ~$100 for a custom 9" from some of these artists was a steal. sad to see some didn't sell, especially since half the proceeds goes to Toys for Tots. If it hadn't been for the Charity, i don't think i would have bought 3, probably just one. now that i have kids, i'm an easy mark for charities like this.

awesome for Squadt19 (hehe) to do this, awesome of ferg to participate, awesome of the artists to take the time to create the customs, awesome for those that were able to pick up a piece. AWESOME!
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Roto's lineup for 2011 is fucking amazing. I'll be taking a lot of Friday's off from DJ-ing, I think.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 am

gregm wrote:

I got one but thankfully it wasn't me that outbid you.

Toys in the Attic 2010 Rocket_bud

Sadly I have to report I finally received this piece today. See the pics below for it's current condition. Crying or Very sad

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/gregm/uv/jpackbud/left_side.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/gregm/uv/jpackbud/right_side.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/gregm/uv/jpackbud/helmet.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/gregm/uv/jpackbud/back.jpg

Really sad that this was an auction to support a charity and this is the kind of care that was taken with the art.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 am

YIKES!!
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ezramyl Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:38 am

That's really inexcusable... It's like they shipped it to you in a big box with no protection. That was my favorite piece from the pictures. Sorry dude. Crying or Very sad
ezramyl
ezramyl
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 am

ezramyl wrote:That's really inexcusable... It's like they shipped it to you in a big box with no protection. That was my favorite piece from the pictures. Sorry dude. Crying or Very sad

Basically. It came in an original Bud box, inside an outer box, but just had one wrap of bubble wrap around the outside with nothing to fill any of the open areas. It was a very loose fit in the Bud box. They had also put the wood base in with it so I don't think that helped any.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Damn, thats terrible! You should demand your money back!
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

That sucks violent2
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Have you tried contacting the artist? he might be extremly kewl and fix it up for ya.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm

The thing is that this was a charity auction to benefit kids. Asking for a refund kind of seems like a dick move as that would mean the money is more important than helping kids. I've been offered proof that the money went to the charity as it was suppose to so that is good.

I sent the artist an email just to inform him how his art was being handled by others. I'm not going to name anyone but apparently one of the other artists handled the ebay auctions and shipping of the items. He has been responsive and has offered to help with trying to get it fixed.

At this point the dilema I face is do I want to put this back in the mail system again? While I know I would have packed it a lot better there is really no guarantee that anyone else would and it could very well come back damaged again. I think I can repair all the breakage without much problem, the real downer is all the scratch damage to the amazing paint job. It would take some major re-painting to repair much of the damage as a lot of it is in faded and or blended areas. Not just simple touch ups to say the least.

I told the person that shipped it that I would get back to him, wanted some time to calm down a bit and more rationally decide what I want to do next.

Honestly, I am at a loss as to what to do though. I'm kind of amazed that this turned out so badly. I really don't know what I am going to do. scratch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  nyhousekid Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm

send it back let the artist fix it...send him an email letting him know the importance of good packing and then hope 4 the best..I doubt anything worse could come out of this
nyhousekid
nyhousekid
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 pm

nyhousekid wrote:send it back let the artist fix it...send him an email letting him know the importance of good packing and then hope 4 the best..I doubt anything worse could come out of this

my thoughts exactly sqube
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll decide what to do tonight. Since I haven't received a response from the original artist the only option, at this point, is to send it back to the ebay seller and he has offered to try and get it fixed by the artist. We don't have any guarantee he will or even has the time to do it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next